Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Migraineurs Support Group

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

41 - 60 (of 142) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1397091 tn?1296580318
Have a terrible migraine starting and went get a shot. Dr wanted to give me phenegren and a steriod, Do any Drs really give a sh*t about us that suffer from these horrible things?
  Posted
768044 tn?1294227036
The other day I started thinking about how much migraines define who I am. Does anyone feel as if their migraines (chronic or infrequent) define who they are? Is this a personal feeling, or do your friends, family and colleagues also...
  Posted
564491 tn?1320363993
For many years, I have dealt with chronic headaches and migraines. This past year, I have headaches/eye pain, neck pain, etc. I have tried almost every medication and procedure recommended. I am now taking Neurontin, and am wondering ...
  Posted
910419 tn?1289487327
I just got an e-mail from the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy, alerting me to the below: Access to headache care is threatened: Contact your US Representatives now Neurologists provide specialized, coordinated, and often lif...
  Posted
564491 tn?1320363993
Hi. Has anyone had a spinal tap for chronic headaches/migraines? If so, what was the purpose of you having this done, and what were the findings. I know of a specific medication used if a condition called Idiopathic Intracranial Hlype...
  Posted
1426140 tn?1282842418
First of all hello...just discovered this site! I am Angela, 38 from Canada =) I have so many questions...and currently have a migraine now...so please bare with me if I don't make sense! And pray I am in the right group to be askin th...
  Posted
768044 tn?1294227036
How severely do your migraines impact your average day-to-day life? The response choices are based on the American Chronic Pain Association's Quality of Life Scale.
  Posted
768044 tn?1294227036
We all know that we get migraines (or that our partners, children or friends get migraines), but do we always recognize a migraine when it is happening? Do you ever second-guess your symptoms or wonder if something else is happening?...
  Posted
i have been on opioids, stadol, oxy over 30 years - - then the 75mg fentanyl stopped working and i was labeled an addict. i have been off the patch since April and off Ritalin since June and xanax since may. my migraines have been at the...
  Posted
1361569 tn?1434833941
Does anyone find that low pressure systems bring on migraines? After years of trying to figure out what triggered my migraines (menstrual cycle, certain foods, red wine, etc.) the only constant each time I got a migraine was an approach...
  Posted
910419 tn?1289487327
I saw my neuro a little over two weeks ago. He increased the dose of one of my meds and told me that if I wasn't markedly better to call him back so we could mess with something a little more and get me more stable. Well.....I'm NOT more...
  Posted
1340519 tn?1305170302
I have severe episodes of vertigo, slurred speech/trouble finding words... I basically feel "off" and fuzzy in the head. I have had many many tests and scans and have seen several doctors. The possibility of Migraine has come up a couple...
  Posted
775732 tn?1246128744
Thank you, Marileew, et al For starting this group...I'll try harder to check in. I, like everyone here suffers from the dreaded "headbangers". Mine are daily, since youth...and escalating in severity. To recap meds...have covered mo...
  Posted
764912 tn?1322715443
First sorry I haven't been around lately....sure have missed everyone, and hope you are all doing ok. Migraines change for me with the season changing, is this true for anyone else? I am sure I left some things out...........feel fre...
  Posted
Yesterday I was terrified by an episode of stroke-like symptoms... I'm a 21-year-old female, so I don't think it's likely that it was a stroke or TIA, but all my parents/aunts/uncles/grandparents have some history of heart disease, heat ...
  Posted
768044 tn?1294227036
Hi everyone! My preventative treatment plan has changed quite a bit! First, I went on a betablocker (Nadolol) and stopped taking the Topamax. Wow, have I gained weight since stopping the topamax!! I've gained 30 pounds!!!! Then, s...
  Posted
Hello, We are looking for qualified Neurologist to participate on a Eye Tracking study. This research is being conducted by an independent market research company. All responses are entirely confidential and your identity will not be...
  Posted
Hello fellow migrane friends my name is michele iam 41 and have had migranes since age 10, the do seem to get less servere as we age which is good news, i found one good dr in clearwater 72 years old dr harrison who helped me stay out o...
  Posted
Hi Folks: I am praying and hoping that someone in this Forum (or another - I will post my "case study" in a few places with the hope of getting an answer or some suggestions) can help me figure out what is wrong with me. To date I ha...
  Posted
764912 tn?1322715443
Hey, I thought I would see if anyone else has had this experience then I can be prepared. I've had the latest migraine for about a month. When I saw my Dr today we talked about a slight curve in my spine and arthritis that is in my nec...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
4730868 tn?1362623278
Blank
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28