Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Psychopharmacology Group

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

1 - 20 (of 67) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
i had been prescribed different antidepressants and benzos for about twenty years when I started feeling internal tremors and dysarthria, rabbit syndrome, restless legs syndrome and akathisia. I went undiagnosed for five years, then a ne...
  Posted
Is it ok to go from Ativan to Valium ? I take 0.5mg each day and I am feeling inter dose anxiety between doses and I don't want to take more Ativan, can I switch to the Longer Acting Valium and have it work for me ? Been taking this a fe...
  Posted
First of all I'm sorry for my english level witch is bad but i'll try to explain myself 'cause I dont feel good these days.. I stopped using ativan 1mg and abilify 2.5mg after my psy told me. But after stopping theme I realised that I f...
  Posted
What is the best way to quit your medication. I don't think cold turkey is the best way. I do not take a high dosage. 300mg a day of Lithium. Can I cut the tablet in half? I have stopped some of my medication already and haven't had...
  Posted
10507009 tn?1410653242
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, and Bipolar II. For treatment I am currently on 40mg Prozac, 10mg nortriptyline, and 4mg Abilify. And 5mg Diazapem as needed...
  Posted
Hi, I was on lexapro 10 mgs, which worked fine for one year. Then I got my anxiety back. He upped to 20mgs, which did nothing. He suggested I go back to zoloft which once helped me. He cross tapered me to 100 mgs of zoloft. I was on...
  Posted
Hi. New to this group! I have a question about stopping Lyrica. I have a history of headaches and overall body aches but have never been formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, diabetes, nothing I have read this med is supposed to treat. I...
  Posted
Hi! i have been on en of zyprexa for over 3 years now. have been some month without between those years, but mostly on it. Now i have been free from zyprexa for 4 months now. I have no psychotic symptoms. BUT i cant sleep!!! I had ...
  Posted
I have been on Celexa for about a year starting at 10mg and increasing to 20mg. I have a weird sensation that I am always shaking in my arms and legs, especially my joints or when I have to excerpt force, like pushing on something or lif...
  Posted
I have been on 1mg valium/day for 8 years. I have been taking .75mg the past 3 days and have been just fine. Today I am only going to take .50mg. Am I going too fast? Any advice on the best way to taper off of the drug? Anyone experience...
  Posted
I have Bipolar I, and have been experiencing a great deal of relief from Lamictal/Lamotrigine for several years. However, my psychiatrist is starting to raise the dose, and I don't know why. I haven't been with this psychiatrist for very...
  Posted
75 mg zoloft for a few months, doing well. Incurred a break up, went to doc, upped to 100mg about 4 weeks 3 days ago. still super tired...stay at 100 or go back down? I see a primary care physician.
  Posted
can psychoactive drugs do that perhaps? i heared muscimol (substance from a mushroom) can reduce td. it is also psychoactive. or cannabis?
  Posted
any ideas tips....... help!?... i.e. charts or guides lol)
  Posted
My Good doctor whom has helped me beyond words, has worked with me by TALKING to me about how I feel about coming off 13 years of Xanax 1 mg 4x's a day to Klonopin...after careful thought I decided "why not" .... its been 3 days I have ...
  Posted
A brief summary...1 year ago, a psychiatrist needed to take me off the Ativan I was on for 5 years, because I started developing a serious intolerance to it. I took .5mg for sleep for 5 years. Towards the end of the 5 years, I started h...
  Posted
Has anyone had Gabapentin cause fainting? I started taking Gabapentin for nerve pain about three days ago. Starting out at 100mg three times a day. Yesterday evening I fainted unexpectedly right on my living room floor. Almost fainte...
  Posted
I’m 47 years old and here’s my situation: • Been taking Zoloft for over 15 years, most of the time 100 or 200 mg/day • Unsupervised. Don’t even remember who prescribed it initially – I was living in a different area. So I would jus...
  Posted
I was on Remeron (mirtazapine) 15mg a night for sleep, for the last 5 1/2 monthes. My neurologist saw that I gained 30lbs in that short time, and immediatly swithched me to Trazodone 25mg a night for sleep. He specifically said NOT to t...
  Posted
I obsessively spell words backwards and have done it for years. It has intensified over the year. My doctor increased my sapphris 10mg to 3 a day. I also take paxil 40 mg. I also use coping skills to acknowledge it then stop it momentari...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on ASK THE DOCTOR (MED/H...
Apr 13
Blank
Paxiled commented on Yeah, you're not ...
Apr 10
Blank
Paxiled commented on Spirulina and Cholest...
Mar 21