Aa
A
A
Close

Varicose Veins Community

Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that you can see just under the surface of the skin. These veins usually occur in the legs, but they also can form in other parts of the body. Discuss topics including spider veins, symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

1 - 20 (of 66) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm asking for a relative who refuses medical help. His feet and ankles are swollen and have an extreme burning and tingling pain to them. His veins are dark and puffy and look like they are clotting together. I have attached a picture ...
1236893_tn?1408490528
Varicose veins are in some cases unavoidable. Many times, there are ways to naturally prevent and soothe them. Get plenty of exercise to get your blood circulating, Elevate your legs on pillows daily for 10 minutes or more, Avoid exc...
gymdandee | Posted
Having some surgery done for varicose veins. Involves Ultrasound guided injection for perforator vein and also sclerotherapy for some surface veins. I am reading that Homeopathic Arnica Montana along with Vit C and extra Zinc can help...
besst | Posted
16522445_tn?1449205511
Since the age of 13 i have suffered bad varicose veins in both legs. At the age of 18 I had them stripped in hospital but they returned by the age of 20. At the age of 28 I had them done again but this time the stab and tie off method wa...
Sjarass | Posted
1236893_tn?1408490528
Proposed Natural Treatments for varicose Veins Butcher's Broom; Gotu Kola; Horse Chestnut; Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs); Oxerutins and Other Bioflavonoids; Red Vine Leaf (Grape Leaf) Other Proposed Natural Treatments Balneot...
gymdandee | Posted
Hello, I'm Alex, 27. 15 years ago I got hit in the eye by a small rock thrown from a big distance. The result is visible even today on my left eylid. Around 1-2 mm thick, purple-bluish spot. When I bend over I feel it filling with blood...
alnastev | Posted
In July 2015 I started to take an antiandrogen birth control pill. Two weeks later I felt strong pain in my legs and my wrists. At the same time I noticed that I suddenly got blue veins all on my arms, palm, chest, legs, belly and feet! ...
MagdalenaR | Posted
I received a small scar in the crease of my elbow after a blood draw some weeks ago. I get blood draws all the time and it has never left a noticeable scar but for some reason this one did. I've been applying a scar ointment (Mederma)...
dpc87 | Posted
15785325_tn?1442990332
Varicose vein system is a very common peripheral vascular disease, vascular disease in the limbs is also one of the most common diseases. Some patients think of varicose veins is not a serious disease, often ignoring the treatment of dis...
Hifubeauty | Posted
Hi, I am an fit and active 22 year old male with no known health issues. My mother suffers from varicose veins and over the recent years my veins have become more prominent. I have fairly thick skin, don't bruise easily and a stocky bu...
Jarzz | Last answer
Hello I'm a 25 year old female. Have not been and am not pregnant but have a very small varicose vein my left breast as well as more visible normal looking veins under the skin on my left breast and left side if my chest. I'm petite and ...
heatherharajuku | Posted
I'm worried that these might be varicose veins but I'm not sure! Here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/3oVLnbmm.jpg
zimas | Posted
I am a 34 year old female and other than being overweight I am a healthy person. I have spider veins all over which I believe came from rapid weight gain due to PCOS. I was recently told that the pain I've been having in my legs is fro...
hmr1978 | Last answer
I have asked everyone who to go to for spider vein treatment....but so far everyone I have asked said the injections were so painful, they need to go back but wont because it is so painful. I have had one treatment by 3 different drs and...
jacrjacr | Last answer
14382459_tn?1434246905
hi all. I am Jason from Singapore. I am here to share how i cured my varicose veins without going through surgery, without doing exercise nor eating pills. Isnt that's amazing? I was recommended a product. An all-natural adhesive layer. ...
Jason_N | Posted
I was diagnosed for left 'varicose': a general surgeon did the surgery and declared me Fit: after a few days left testicle started shrinking: i thought it was natural and testicle will get back to its actual size after some time: now its...
ofvat1 | Posted
My son, 16, has these and the doctor originally said - no operation, use painkillers, and wear loose underwear so your body can breathe. He did have an ultrasound to check out that it was varicose veins. Time has gone past, probably a...
Kayleigh101 | Last answer
I'm a little concerned about blue visible veins on my chest and legs. They're not bulging like varicose veins. It makes me look like a vampier. The one's on my chest look like when I was pregnant, I'm 100 % sure I'm not now (taking birth...
Samar2014 | Posted
I am a 30-year-old female who received an intravenous contrast injection during a CT examination of the abdomen and pelvis during an ER visit. The procedure only found an ovarian cyst. After the procedure, I was not given any instruction...
peachtree30 | Last answer
I have had leg pain on and off for the past few years. It tends to be more frequent when I sit down, and over the past couple months it has made it unbearable to the point where I often stand or squat when I am at class. (I'm 23). I've m...
Zephyriss | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Varicose Veins Community Resources