Acne Community
20 with acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

20 with acne

I've had acne since the 5th grade and im about to be 20 and still with acne with no solution. Whats the best thing I could use now? I've tried everything!
I am tired of saying this, but the less you use the better. It all depends on what cause acne, if it's hormonal you have to treat it with pills (contraceptive pills), so, it would be the best to pay a visit to a doctor. Polycystic ovaries could cause acne too, also, bad diet and unhealthy life style.
Make sure you have enough water intake, omegas and vitamin C.
i m 20 ...& i hve acne since i was 16 ..i tried retin A & other acne cream but they just get my acne worse & RED!!
finally i took contraceptive pills 4 months ago & my acne are gone
but the problem is
those redness i have for applying retinA n other cream on my face for 5 years are still on my face
they become redder when explsed to sunlight
i use moisturizer but they just make me redder.. i m so tired of this
wht shuld i do??
After treating acne I suffered from red face as well. From all the creams I have used I got dermatitis, my face would turn red on temperature change, psychical distress, some food, ... almost anything. It looked awful to me.
I thought it would stay that way, and to be honest I never used anything to treat the exact redness, maybe only Avene skin recovery cream (it's good for redness).

The thing is that your skin got too dry and sensitive from all the chemicals you used and the more you wash and treat your skin with creams the worse. Your skin is damaged, so avoid anything that cause redness.

I stopped using soap and  washed my face only with water. Sometimes I also used wipes, Baby wipes, with no alcohol and clinically tested.  I mean, I am still using it instead of soap or makeup cleaner. Skin's natural oil it's important for skin to recover.
Water intake is very helpful when it comes to skin redness, so drink a lot of water.

Now I rarely get red, only sometimes when I am upset. And it doesn't look that bad as it was before.
Drugs and creams are not the answer.  I  believe there are enough natural remedies on this planet to cure all of us from everything we suffer from.  Moderate sun exposure is a fabulous way to keep your skin healthy and looking great.  Not to the point that you burn. It is possible to expose your skin slowly over a period of time and get a decent tan without unhealthy side effects.  When you're skin is tan it is also tougher. This helps to protect it from various elements. It is also important to eat the right foods.  We are what we eat and it shows just looking at us.  
Start afresh. Twice face wash daily. Apply Nadoxin Cream twice a day. (Be sure to put it in the morning) and maybe evening( but the evening one shouldn't be after face wash, just a slpash of water and then the cream. )Face wash nicely at night, and apply Benzac AC gel, which contains, Benzoyl peroxide. 2.5 or 5 percent should help you. I am currently on this regime, and it is helping me, touchwood
Improve your diet, eat healthy food, fruits and veggies. Plus drink tons of water, it help eliminate toxins from your body. But as they say anything in excess is bad, so don't have 'too much' water. ( Pure water, not tap water ) atleast 4liters of water taking gaps during the day. Hope this helps mate. Keep praying, it helps.
I am a nurse psychologist. I started recommending a skin care product with salicylic acid.
1.The clarifying wash Acne Medication deep cleanses is soap free with 1% salicylic acid and a soothing botanical complex for gentle exfoliation without irritation. Other key ingredients: alfalfa, dandelion leafs, licorice root, orange peel, peppermint, mallow flower, wild pansy, hops extract, vitamin A, C and E.

2. Claryfying toner acne medication: alcohol free, it contains 0.5 salicylic acid and is time release technology. It removes excess surface oils, gently exfoliates and reduces irritation and redness for a prolonged anti-acne effect.

3. Clarifying Lotion Acne medication
Oil-free lotion, containing 1% salicylic acid, helps clear acne blemishes and also helps prevent new blemishes from forming. Contains prioprietary, time-release technology for reduced irritation and prolonged anti-acne effect. Clarifies the complexion and gives skin a shine free, matte look.

4. Acne spot treatment medication for on the go with 2% salicylic acid. Contains proprietary time-release technology that targets problem areas for all day performances.

The set retails for 78$ CAD

Please contact me so we can discuss in further details

Lisa Daigle-Blanchard
***@****
I am using Benzoyl peroxide. with 4 percent and its been a month . But after its use new red pimples are coming and they are painful too. Please advise if i ashould discontinue the use.