Acne Community
Accutane Second Course
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane Second Course

I went on a 5 month course of Accutane for the first time approximately 4 months ago. My face was completely cleared within 2 months of taking the drug - and my face was pretty bad. This lasted a few months (best months of my life). Unfortunately, my acne returned within 2 months of being off accutane. It's not quite as bad as it used to be - maybe 80% as bad as it was.
I recently inquired about going on accutane for a second course, however, my dermatologist (actually his assistant) told me that would be a terrible idea because accutane is much less efficient in its second course. By my third course, it would only be 20% efficient, and by the fourth, it would be useless. That being the case, I should reserve accutane for the possibility that my acne returns to 100% and again becomes scarring.
When she said this, I was shocked. I'd never heard that information before. For that matter, I can't find anything online that validates what she said. Is her information accurate? I desperately want to go back on the drug, so any advice or information that anyone could provide would be great.
Thank you!