Aa
A
A
Close
Accutane Second Course
I went on a 5 month course of Accutane for the first time approximately 4 months ago. My face was completely cleared within 2 months of taking the drug - and my face was pretty bad. This lasted a few months (best months of my life). Unfortunately, my acne returned within 2 months of being off accutane. It's not quite as bad as it used to be - maybe 80% as bad as it was.
I recently inquired about going on accutane for a second course, however, my dermatologist (actually his assistant) told me that would be a terrible idea because accutane is much less efficient in its second course. By my third course, it would only be 20% efficient, and by the fourth, it would be useless. That being the case, I should reserve accutane for the possibility that my acne returns to 100% and again becomes scarring.
When she said this, I was shocked. I'd never heard that information before. For that matter, I can't find anything online that validates what she said. Is her information accurate? I desperately want to go back on the drug, so any advice or information that anyone could provide would be great.
Thank you!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
309783 tn?1271961829
You have received incorrect information.
One course of Accutane results in a long term remission from acne for 80% of patients. 20% of patients require a second course and of those 25% require a third course. I have taken Roaccutane (as it is called in the UK) twice because I relapsed the first time and had to go back on the treatments I was using before I tried Roaccutane. My skin is good (please see my photos in my profile) Eloise x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources