Acne Community
My acne suddenly grow seriously , what happened?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I am 22 years old. Some people said this age shouldn't have much acne problem. I used to have acne problem, as I am those oily skin type person, but start from last year (October) my acne problem is getting serious until now. I can say i have new acne every single day. I don't know what should I do to stop it from growing. My menstrual cycle is always not on time, sometimes i don't have it for 1 month up to 3 months. After i haven't had my menstrual for 3 months and that time onwards my skin starts to grow acne for non stop. For this moment i had consulted dermatologist, she had given me cleanser, toner and pimples cream. The acne did recover, but at the same time the new one did coming out too.
So, I just want to know is there anyway for me to stop my acne from growing non-stop?

Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? While acne is common in teenagers and young adults, it may be managed with prescribed medicines and creams. The cause of acne is not known but hormone changes may be a factor. Try to clean your skin gently, avoid touching your skin and exposure to the sun. If the prescribed medicines are not working, inform your doctor about this for proper management. A referral to a gynecologist may also be indicated if irregular menstruation persists. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi, I am fine thank you. There are no other symptoms only acne on my face.
The acne and pimples are still growing non stop. I do not have idea how to stop it. Any recommendation of medicine for me to consume to stop this acne from growing? I am afraid this acne will affect me forever.
do you also have a weight problem and feel that losing weight is more difficult for you? or problems with excess facial hair or overall body hair? your worsening acne may be related with your irregular menses. ask a gynecologist to help you with your irregular periods, that alone may help with the acne.
Acne is the most common issue for youngsters and it will reduce after a certain age, but can take some precaution to keep it at minimum. You should take a lot of liquid and in my opinion drinking a lot of water is more helpful, you need to drink some water in early morning after getting up from bed before breakfast.
I don't think I have much weight problem. Losing weight is not really had for me.I don't really much facial all over my body, I can said that i have little hair overall on my body. Ok, thanks for your suggestion.