Acne Community
Roaccutane while on antidepressant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Roaccutane while on antidepressant

I am about to start taking roaccutane but i have been suffering from depression and anxiety badly for the last 6months. If i was to take anti-depressants at the same time would this be strong enough not to put me at risk. I am concerned and really want to go on this drug to stop my bad skin i am 22 and hate that i still have this at my age but at the same time am concerned that Roaccutane will make my anxiety worse!!
Does anyone recommend anything or have been in a similar situation?

Many thanks,
Tags: roaccutane, Accutane while on antidepressa
Hi there!

It is true that roccutane may be linked to depression; however, it may not be pronounced in all cases. Without knowing the clinical details it would be difficult for me to judge how safe would it be for you to go ahead with the medication. I would suggest discussing this in detail with your treating psychiatrist and dermatologist/ primary care physician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!