Acne Community
Salicylic Acid @%

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Salicylic Acid @%

last week i got this huge pimple close to my mouth, on friday i started using this neutrogena product that has SAlicylic Acid and used several times a day, stopped on monday since no results happend and plus now i have a red mark around that pimple. Does this stain going to go away or is it a permanent mark? I do have dryness on tha area. but im worried that its going to leave a big spot due to the medication.
The reason you are dry in that area is because the salicylic acid will dry out your skin, so you have to be careful with how much you use and use a moisturizer. Also, do NOT pick at it or it could leave a scar. But I'm sure it won't leave a scar, and the red mark that your seeing is not a scar and it will go away but it could take a few months. good luck