Acne Community
Years of acne and still no cure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Years of acne and still no cure

I am 40 years old and have had acne for 20 years now.  I have tried antibiotics, retin-A, topicals.  When I was 26 I went on Accutane and it cleared my acne almost completely.  The beautiful results lasted for two years, and then I started breaking out again.  Went for a second round at age 30 and it didn't do much of anything.  The good thing is, I never got the cystic acne that I had prior to the Accutane.  Now I mainly get blackheads and whiteheads.  Some of the nodules (I think they're called) but not many.  I'm just tired or having acne, pretty much, all over my face.  Everywhere.  I am currently trying Proactiv, but am not that hopeful.  Is there anything out there now that I should be trying?  I hate going to see dermatologists because nothing ever seems to come of it except a fresh set of bills.  Any help would be wonderful.
Tags: years, Acne, Cure, Work
hey let me know how things work out for you, I am 44 and have cystic acne, by the time one cyst starts to clear another one starts. they are painful and itchy, summer help alittle but nothing really helps and dont know the last time my was was completely clear....and it doesnt help that i scrub my face because i feel dirty and dont use makeup to cover it because it just make my face worse...and doesnt really cover...everyone still knows you have them.......bummer
Well im 16 and you might think what do i know about acne and stuff. I have had acne since i was 13 i guess. I tried proactive and other brand name acne healing treatments and none of them have nay effect. Recently i have gone to Bolivia for vacation and i saw another brand of cream called Helixcream, its an extract of the slime of snails. This slime can completely regenerate a snails cracked shell, so i think if this can heal a cracked open shell what can it do to dead skin cells like acne. So i buy a small portion to try and at first it is not working but after a few weeks my acne has completely cleared up. Amazing huh all is left is scars from popped pimples but nothing severe. Sure there is the common pimple from time to time but i havent had a serious pimple since i bought this cream, and it really helps to wash your face when you feel your face getting oily(sp). So yeah buy yourself Helixcream it actually works. Im not sure if its sold in the U.S though.
have you tried any basic topicals? like garlic, lemon juice, oatmeal, honey?

the cool thing about garlic is that bacteria do not become immune to it.
but if it's too strong for you then you can make a paste out of Papaya and keep it on for about 15 minutes - papaya naturally cleanses and wards off acne.
I am 25 and have acne for years. I tried TONS of stuff. Last year I tried Neutrogena Advanced Solutions and it worked for me. I noticed results in a couple of days. I'll never use anything else.
Im 19 now and I had pretty bad acne, I used all the topical gels my grandma would get from her doctor, the proactive broke out my face, the cheap drugstore products dried out my face and just washing didnt seem to work.. my friend recommended opc-3 as a natural alternative for my ALLERGIES so i started using it and what i noticed was it started working for my acne my pores shrunk and i rarely see pimples. I dont know how you would react to it, but it worked for me so maybe it will work for you..http://www.marketamerica.com/rseabrook/index.cfm?action=shopping.uoProduct&storeID=8&prodID=13009  good luck!!
Hello all of you,
For treating acne, you should use Beta hydroxy acid or Alpha Hydroxy acid, this product is in www.paulaschoice.com. You just try their sample and find out the result.
Best wishes,

Sola