Phenergan and methadone
Hello as most of you know I am on methadone and have been for 2 yrs, I have an awful time with my stomach and its sick in morning ( no I am not pregnant). I was talking to a nurse today and she said that I should ask my doctor about  Phenergan but when I called clinic and said they told me it was on the do not take list. I then ask why if it would cause a false positive for benzo or because like soma it to od on methadone with that and she would not tell me so I was wondering if any of you may know anything, I am just wanting to find something that will help my tummy. I eat zantac like crazy 3 or 4 150mg a day. But anywho I hope everyone is well take care stay strong and God Bless.

~~H~~
you should either ask your doctor or better idea is call the pharmacist
Phenergan is an antihistamine & is quite sedating so they may be concerned with undue respiratory depression, (insufficient breathing), if taken in combination with meth.  You may well have found it too sedating to be practical for day-time use anyway.

Metoclopramide , (Maxolon or Reglan) is a safe anti-emetic for short term use with minimal side effects.

I know it's tempting to load up on the Zantac but like everything, continuously suppressing the production of stomach acid can cause rebound acidity or other digestive problems due to lack of acid, putting you in a negative feedback loop.

Best wishes.
I would definitely talk to your pharmacist ..I know they have some class action suits against reglan
Thank you for comments and I will talk to my pharmacist also. I use to NEVER have trouble w/stomach one bad thing methadone does to you. Or at least me.
The risks of metoclopramide & tardive dyskinesia have arisen in cases of chronic dosing for in excess of 3 months so it's true that it would not be a suitable medication for continuous use.

I hope you find a solution.  The chemotherapy nausea meds such as ondasteron have found to be safe & effective but are very expensive.
what you wrote was to medical term for me so what your saying not safe b/c lower breathing so on?
Sorry Hollie, I was trying to say that if you combine drugs that slow down the rate of breathing, there is a risk, particularly during sleep that the breathing rate may slow down to the point where the person may stop breathing.

This is what happened to the movie star Heath Ledger who reportedly combined opiates with sleeping pills & antihistamines.
What exactly are your stomach symptoms and what is your does of meth.? At one clinic I was on they used to sell Phenegrans to enhance the meth. I didn't find it too exciting.It could be from the methadone or an ulcer.
Mr Lucky66 I am on 95mg methadone and it burns a lot and mornings it sick to throw up point and if I do feel fine all I throw up is acid like stuff. I can take zantac and feels fine after 30mins or so
Ask the pharmacist about Prevacid....that just came out OTC..........sara
I think you need to see a real stomach doc, a GI doctor. Other docs won't have the answer and will just give you stuff for the symptoms. all the best
Hello and thanks for concern. I hope your doing well and have a great Thanksgiving.