Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
7 days 6 hours + 2 min.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

7 days 6 hours + 2 min.

I HATE HAVING TO FEEL! !!
Take a shower! ;)
Sorry, it was my first thought and made me smile so I was hoping it might make you smile. I hope you turn the corner very soon and just wanted to say AWESOME JOB on 7 days 6 hours and 8 minutes!
I’m glad u are posting because one day, when all this is behind u, you will always be able to read through these first posts and realize how much you overcame and how much better you feel. It’s almost like relapse insurance because even now, the few times that using crosses my mind, one of the first things I do is get on this website and reread all my posts and journal entries. I remember real fast why I can’t use.
Just so you know, when our brains start adjusting without all these extra chemicals, everything is really out of whack, and these feelings you may be feeling right now isn’t what being sober feels like. I didn’t make any life altering decisions for the first month of being sober.  Everything else can wait. Also, you must have hated the way drugs felt on some level because you made that wrenching decision to get sober and put yourself through detox.  That decision alone is one of the hardest things anyone ever has to make.  And you made it! And you continue to make it every time you say no to those cravings.  You have come too far now, you gotta see this through to the other side! Try to relax too. I’m not sure what time it is in Hell (lol) but I remember nighttime feeling like the witching hour & being the hardest time for me when I was first starting out.  
...you may hate it now, but just wait til you have a little more clean time under your belt. You will love having to feel. You will crave it... It will pick you up and take you away. Your body and mind are changing, pushing out the crap, readjusting, getting a tune up. Soon you'll wonder why you waited so long to get clean.  I envy you - you have sooo much to look forward to.
Time to take a hard look at all you have to be grateful for and feeling is one of them.  Many didnt get a 2nd chance at this~~
Sarah - as always, short, perfect and to the point. Sometimes we just don't realize how fortunate we are, even if we had to go through hell to get here.
Thanks.