Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
BETTER TODAY

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

BETTER TODAY

I made my taper to the 25mcg patch last Thursday and it was not pleasant. In spite of everything going on, I feel better today. I can think more clearly and even was able to eat a little. I'm anxious to stabilize on this amount of fentanyl so I can go down to 12mcg. After that one, I'm done!! I will make my goal of being done with w/d by summer. I have to say fentanyl is a force to be dealt with. It was awful.

I'm not using yahoo anymore but I didn't close my email there. I'm weak and need to rest but I will be back later. I hope all of us get clean and sober soon.

Take Care......LS
I' m so happy to hear you feel better today. Just from hearing you and Manonfire it sounds like Fentanyl is just as bad if not worse than the pills....they're all nasty!  Keep it up cause you're doing great and getting so close to your goal!  We are all here rooting for you to beat this.

Take care of you!
Marcie
The patches are bad but it's just a different way getting opiates into my system. Not much difference than pills. They do have a higher death rate because you can accidently puncture the patch and all of the fentanyl will go into your system at once. The patch holds three days worth of opiates then it's changed and a new one put on.

I hope all is going well for you. I was able to get good rest today. I will be here for a while catching up on posts and checking mail. Talk to you later :)
Hugs.....LS