Cheratussin syrup
I'm a recovering alcoholic and i was recently prescribed cheratussin cough syrup for a bad cold i have. my doctor didnt mention anything about the alcohol content and shes aware of my battles with alcohol. i began taking the cough syrup without researching it and now a friend of mine is saying that it contains a large amount of alcohol. i tryed to contact my doctor only to find that shes gone for the week and i have searched the internet and found no answers.

so basically after making this question really long.....Does Cheratussin contain alcohol and is it a large enough amount that it will interfere with my recovery process?
I am a nurse and cheratussin has codeine, a narcotic and a decongestant in it...no alcohol...but does have the narcotic in it
Here are the ingeredients:

Cheratussin AC
Generic Name: codeine and guaifenesin (KO deen and gwye FEN a sin)
Brand Names: Bitex Liquid, Brontex, Cheracol with Codeine, Cheratussin AC, Codafen, Glydeine, Guaiatussin AC, Guaifen AC, Guaifen-C, Guaifenesin AC Liquid, Guiatuss AC, Guiatussin with Codeine, Halotussin AC, Iophen-C NR, Mytussin AC, Robichem AC, Robitussin-AC, Romilar AC

Thank you so much.
Take it if you have too and it's some nasty stuff. The worst gagging cough medicine I've ever had equel to turpihydrate &cod. I never got high on it and it gave me gut cramps. all the best
It does have alcohol in it 3.5% or 7 proof so your doctor likely feels that its benefits will outweigh it side effects or risks.  Your doctor prescibed it to allow you to sleep and loosen the mucus in your lungs.  If you drank the whole bottle 8 oz. / 250 ml it would be like having half a beer.  But the dosage you were likely prescibed is two teaspoons which is 10 ml so you have 25 doses which should last you a week.  so it is like drinking less than one ounce of beer a day for a week.  If you drink plenty of water when taken it is recommended on the label you will urinate the alcohol out in less than a hour.  So Your doctor, clearly understands that it will have little effect on your recovery.  The nurse who posted above check your PDR 10mg codeine, 100mg guiafenenesin, 3.5% alcohol.  

You will get more alcohol in your system using purell hand sanitizer so stay away from that.
I applied and got the position of a preschool teacher. I had to take a drug test screening. Here's how it went; Monday I went to the doctor and found out I had Bronchitis, my doctor guve me some antibotics and Cheratussin AC Syp Graifensin and Codeiene for a BAD cough. I took the cough 1 teas. before bed only for three nights (Mon. Tues. and Wed) and stopped. It didn't seem to help me. Friday I was called in to take a drug test and failed. HOW LONG DOES IT STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU CAN RETEST?
approx. 3 days
I didnt think you could fail a pre-employment drug screen if you have a vaild prescription
did you make them aware of the script? they should know that at the time of taking the test.

good luck
I have a prescription, however, the employment told me that they cannot hire a person with a POSITIVE drug screening. Because I have a prescription they with let me retest as much as needed (holding the postion).