Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 13

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 13

Well day 13 is coming to an end and I am so glad! What a yucky day!!! NO energy at all no motivation at all! Today has been really rough and I am not sure why! The pain is still pretty bad but I am dealing with it....Just want to be me again! I keep thinking back when I stopped the first time and it was about 3 months til I felt ok to deal with things..Hope this time is not so long. I am not with drawing at all just lagging! grrrr BEAR ROAR! lol Well just needed to vent
Love to all and its really not to bad
I am so sorry to hear that you had a tough day. However I so get it. I am on day 21 and decided to take my boys to a museum. Thank goodness my husband was with us. Every 10 min. or so I got so tiered that I just had to sit down. Once I was sitting, I would start crying because I just couldn't believe how short my stamina was. What a sight I must have been walk 10. cry 10, then repeat. LOL.
Way too go.....ur doing it & giving me hope. Hang in there. I am so sincerely grateful for you posting. Finally, I'm in touch with wonderful people like you who are seeking the same thing that I am & know exactly how I feel.

Thank you so much
I'm with you. Day 22 here. I have good times and bad times every day. And I never know when. When I'm alone I think if only I was around people I would feel a little better. So I go somewhere to be around people and think, I can't be around these people, I need to be alone. So confusing! I really think alot of my yuckiness is from lack of sleep. Hoping when my daughter gets home Thursday and I can sleep in my own bed it will get a little better. We just need to hang in there, It will get better, I just know it will.

The best advice I have gotten was from Gnarly. "You just gotta be ok with not being ok for awhile".

We got this ladies, we've come too far to start over.
Thank you both so much! It is so hard and that stupid word time just sks!
Hate it so much but I know thats what is needed! grrrrrr oh well we must move on! Here for both of you!
you know Gnarly is awesome! Helped me so much my first time! We got this!
"You just gotta be ok with not being ok for awhile". Words to live by. I'll try to remember that when in my next pity party.
My days been like yours.. started out it was good but I'm struggling now.. bad.. I'm so tired.. I'm hiding In the bathroom.. our friend I am taking care of from his stroke is convinced the crop duster plane is flying to close and will hit the house and he is going to call homeland security! Ugh.. thank goodness he has forgotten his numbers.. so he can't use the phone. The crop duster is a good mile or more away from here.. so, im hiding, in the bathroom, crying :/ i can't leave till i get him settled down.. whew! Wish me luck! Hopefully tomorrow will be better for us all! Almost 6 days down for me!
Deep Deep breaths I am giving you good thoughts and hugs! Its so hard but we just have to remember we did not get here over night so we can not get better over night! (hate my owns words some times! lol) but its true! xoxo
Got him settled down.crop duster quit for the day.. thank goodness... came home to hubby in a wheel chair shooting giggling kids with a nerf gun and a clean house :) I totally needed that! He cooked pizza.. they delivered! :) my teen really did a good job on the house. No begging! My pity party delayed my surprise! I'll have to keep future pity parties shorter :) I had sat in my truck pouting for a good while feeling sorry for myself ... but I needed a good cry.. felt better after wards.. come on day 7!
You're doing awesome love!! I'm at 4 months off 11 year oxy use and I even still hsvd bad days. I'm finally sleeping 5-6 hours a night now though. So I I know that helps. The meetings help a lot as well. I don't speak much,but helps just being there. I love walking and just listening to my iPod and tuning out the world on a bad day. :))
What are you doing for the pain? I also know how that feels. I was taking my pills for pain. Well and I was addicted. But I do have pain. It's not nearly as bad now as was when I was on the pills though. Funny how that works eh?!
How super nice for you! yah family! Makes it so much easier! So happy your husband was up and playing with the kids! Melts the heart doesnt it!!!
Still fighting the pain 3 pelvic fractures! Taking Aleve but it does not help to much. Just fighting the good fight! lol
Aw, sorry you're in pain still chickie....how long does it take for a pelvic fracture to heal?  Hopefully today "marks the spot"....the big turnaround....all pink clouds welcome, lol. I'm thankful you're still bright and sunny when you're posting....it leaks through. :o} hug hold, (o)
I sure hope so but it is gloomy here today! ha Gloom go away! GRRRRRR Big Bear hugs to you my spider! ;p Love you tons!
Had to chime in and say???? CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did this once, YOU WILL do it again..This time around do not fall and break anything..lol
i know it is tough some days but just remember you will have a lot of good days too!  it's great to see your progress.  good job!!!
I will try but its hard the older we get not to fall! lol  Still scared to get back on my horse so who knows! I DO know no more running her! haha
I know the old saying says something like you gotta get back on the horse but i would start out by giving her a carrot!!!!!!!!  lol
No Kidding! thanks for the laugh! Need one today!
You're on your way.  No looking back now.  Nothing to see back there.  Our only path is forward.

I have a friend going through chemo right now.  Every couple weeks he gets another dose.  He gets sick as hell, no energy.  I don't know how he does it.  He'd take 3 months of WDs in a heartbeat.  I sure hope he's here next year.

I know how it feels at 2 weeks and its hell but your are right at the edge of the light.  Life without looking into a pill bottle.  Soon you will realize that you're over that hump, that you're getting better each day.  Its the most wonderful thing.  

I'm 59 and I've had the mindset of an addict all my life.  If I can be free then all of us can be free  :-))
Thank you so much yes I know better days each day. 2nd go around the first was after a 10 addiction! This is a cake walk compared to that, maybe cause I know what to expect???? Thank you for your kind words and here is to day 16! and my new life!
So, how's it going.  Are you at day 26?
Yes I am! Doing ok still low energy and low motivation but I am keeping busy so that helps! Thanks for asking!
Hey Congratulations and way to go. 26 days is great!
Thank you refills