Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Excessive Sneezing

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Excessive Sneezing

Is excessive sneezing part of withdrawal? I sneeze 8-9 times in a row still and I'm at day 15. If this is from the withdrawal, when might it go away.  It must be part of the withdrawal since it started about 2 weeks ago.
Yes it is but I would think that part of the w/d should be gone by now. I would try some benadryl.
Most of the withdrawal is gone.  I was on 300mg of Oxy per day and snorting all of it.  The withdrawal has been brutal.  I still get on and off anxiety, exhaustion, cravings, and the annoying sneezing.  
Ah-chew, Ah-chew, Ah-chew !!!  Yes, it is.......I once sneezed 12 times in a row and thought my head ws gonna fall off......lol.  

It will pass.......

luv,
Nauty............
Yes alot of people hae this happen my first WD I didnt but it sure did the second
yea im still sneezing too. On day 16 off oxys. thanks for posting. i thought i had allegies and a guy at work keeps giving me zertec (sp), lol.... it does help stop the sneezing. yea, how much longer??? scheesch
Ohh yea, sneezing and sneezing and sneezing some more. Scared the heck out of my cats lol!
It will pass.

Terry
Oh man have i got stories about sneezing!!!!  This will go away.......Congrats on 15 days!!!        sara
I'm on day 34 and the sneezes are just fading. I only had 3 in a row but it was often. Now Its down to 2 and only a couple times a day. Too bad it wasn't the only w/d !
OMG!!!! Thank you for posting that!  I'm in 2nd wk of c/t and feeling so much better, but I've been sneezing like crazy and cold (it's 98 outside!),  I thought I must have a cold. Your post and the replies you've received have helped me a lot! Glad to know this will stop soon....I could always sneeze at least 10-12 times in a row, but now I'm sneezing 5 times that!  Thanks again, and good luck to you, we should all buy stock in kleenex!:)
sneezing and all the other symptoms that goes along with w/d is part of getting all those toxins out of your body.  Don't take stuff to decrease the symptoms, let your body get rid of it on it's own.  The faster getting the toxins out the better you will feel.  
Omg I could not stop sneezing when i was coming off the heroin yes its so normal to sneeze 7-8 sraight...good luck buddy..