Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Med Free Nightmare Continues

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Med Free Nightmare Continues

I cannot take these symptoms anymore.  It has been 47 days without the 8 mg of klonopin a day I was taking. I wish I could say that each day is better than the day before.  But, unfortunately it is not.  I have always prided myself in being quite the optimist regardless of the circumstance.  However, I don't have anything left in me to push forward.  Everyday is worse than the day before.  I feel like I am choking all of the time the last couple of days.  It's getting harder to walk or do much of anything because I am so weak and at times can't feel my feet.  Can anybody relate???!!!
The weakness is terrible. For me, the lack of appetite only makes it worse. Just the thought of eating seems so foreign. Eventually my appetite returned but at two weeks I was still weak and my legs still ached. Keep up the good fight. I know it is terrible now but that voice inside you that knew it was time to quit is still there telling you the same thing. Please stay strong... it has got to be better some day.
It will get better, I promise you. I know its hard and the weakness and lack of energy is hard but you have to fight it. get up and walk just a little bit. Your body needs to heal and to do that you have to help it along and eat right, double up on your multi vitamins and try to get a little exercise. I really do know how hard it is but you can do and it does get better.