Pregnant and a heroin addict...help.
I am 5 months pregnant. I also have a massive heroin addiction. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what i hav done to my daughter in the long and short run. And if i take suboxen  and get off this **** if they could still take her away from me. i found out i was pregnant back in november and i was clean...i relapsed during my first trimester and got clean again (went thru the dope sick and everything) now i have been using again for about 8 weeks and i am so terrified to tell my doctor and risk the consequences. please kno that i love my daughter very much and i never wanted to hurt  her so please dont think im a bad person. please. just someone let me kno what i have done to her...anyone. thank you.
Your baby will go through withdrawal when she is born if you are on Suboxone and the OB will have to know what is going on so they can treat her.  If is better if they are prepared.  Also if they don't know ahead of time there is also the chance they could take your baby away.  This is very important that they know ahead of time what the baby is going to go through so they can be prepared.
hey hun,

i know youre scared, but you have got to find another OB and you need to tell them everything....starting from the beginning the doctor needs to be familiar with every month of the pregnancy because of the way the baby developes...also, yes the baby will withdrawal from the suboxone but not like the heroin and being on the suboxone is great progress and far from the damaging effects of heroin.... but if you do not tell the doctor- cps will be called because of the neglect and that is worst case scenerio, but will happen if you wait and dont tell the doctor. however,  if you tell the doctor NOW and you get the important care needed with this delicate situation the odds are that you will get to take hailey home with nolegal troubles. but you need to tell and the sooner the better. i promise im not trying to scare you, but yu need to understand the reality of the situation before it is too late. and i also have a question.... what happens when you stat to really show and you go to the suboxone doctor? dont you think they will notice? its the little things like that, that make it important to be honest. when doctors find out someone is lying to then they dont take kindly to it. aside from that the sub doctor and you ob need to be on the same page for the best results for you and your daughter. again i am really not trying to be mean or harsh or scare you. im just very concerned for you and hailey andi want you both to live happy, healthy lives without any issues. good luck and let us know what happens. i will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers....

-Mason.
to everyone who said bad things to imsoblonde.
thanks, you have contributed to this girl taking a huge gamble with her childs life.
well done.
i hope you understand i'm being sarcastic.

Nick.

to imsoblonde: for god's sake, please goto your dr's immeadiately and tell them EVERYTHING.
With all due respect...with the exception of ONE harsher post (and even that was just a person being VERY honest)...people are NOT being mean....we are sincerely trying to help her.....we know she is scared but we are trying to tell her that doing nothing and not disclosing this info will end up with the exact consequences she is petrified of.

"you have contributed to this girl taking a huge gamble with her childs life. "

That is way over the top and unfair.  This is a serious subject with the life of a child at stake....so of course it will not be the most comfortable conversation, and most definitely won't be sugar coated....there is no time for that.

I think I speak for most everyone when I say we are happy that she is here wanting to do the right thing for her daughter...and I hope she continues at least keeping the lines of communication open on this forum.  She has been very honest here, and that is great.

Now, she just needs to be honest with her doctor.....

So, therefore...no one is telling imsoblonde "bad things"..we're telling her the facts, no matter HOW hard they are to hear, and we are trying to persuade her to get past her fear and do what is necessary.  That is what forums like this are all about.
well said nusegirl...
although i do want to say, if my post was harsh or mean in anyway i apologize- i just want the girl to come out ok and with her baby. i wish her nothing but the best and i reall hope you tell you doctor imsoblonde, that way you both can be safe and go home together... however, there arew just somethings that are better left unsaid especially when it comes to sensative topic i think we could all be a little more careful when it come to dropping an opinion on someones REAL life...

-Mason.
i apreciate when people stick up for me but i understand the criticism (sp?) i know what i am doing is wrong. this addiction is really taking a toll on me. its so hard to stop. its the morning that it my problem, everytime i use i feel horrible and i say "this is it" but the minute i wake up in the morning i feign so bad and end up using. it has like a power over me. it doesnt even give me the high it used to...i hav to do so much more to even feel it. what im trying to say is I DONT WANT IT i honestly dont i just cant seem to stay away. last nite my bf and i got into such a horrible fight i felt so bad for what i am doing to haley that i literally turned psychotic and was hysterically crying screaming "my baby" over and over again. but then this morning i woke up and the guilt was still there BUT so was the need for the drugs. the thing is i kno i can quit w/o rehab i jus need the bf to put his foot down and this time around hes not. its too easy when i have a phone to call my people and a car in the garage to go get it. the really sick part is now i hav to take money that doesnt belong to me from my mothers account. my mother is the most kind hearted person u will ever meet and she works 15 hours a day to provide for her family. sick sick sick. i want to protect my daughter. instead i am destroying her. i dont kno what to do anymore. i am hanging on by my fingernails. i have never bneen suicidal and hav always been terrified by death but lately life ***** so bad that i dont want to be in it. dont worry guys im not going to kill myself...i never would im jus trying to show you all how bad im struggling. this disease has dug its claws into me and is not letting go. i kno i can stop i jus need a push. the guilt is overwhelming. and again im so scared to tell my doctor. im afraid of the consequences.
again i wanted to say thank u to all of u that hav posted. it feels so good to actually be able to talk about this and not bottle it all up. im scared. so scared. and u guys are really helping
hun i know youre scared to tell your doctor but i can almost with 100% certainty that the consequences will be far worse if you dont tell. in fact i can garuntee it. if you tell now before it is to late it will be okay. you will get the right treatment your sub doctor wont catch you in a lie and there is far less of a chance that haley will be taken from you. not to mention you will be much safer during delivery and the baby can be properly treated after delivery. but if you dontn tell the doctor and soon- all your worst fears will come to reality. you can save yourself and your baby just by being honest. so if you dont like your ob call your insurance customer service number and ask them for a new one. you need to do this for the both of you.
oh bless you love... i know you love your baby and i totally understand you picking up, um my advice if you can, try and give up so your babes isnt born doing a turkey, we know how that feels babes, i know its hard, um be honest i dont know if you tell docs if they could change any outcome but dont let them know try and give up for your baby, my friend had a baby , he was born doing a turkey, she lost the kid her heads gone and shes back on the gear.... give yourself a chance and your babes, that would make you happy, are you happy drugging and having fun.... yea i know,,,yea its hard i wish you luck  babes
The little push should be that you will lose your baby to family services if you don't tell your OB doctor and get help.  Both of my daughters are Registered Nurses in Labor and Delivery at a large hospital in St. Louis and they see it happen all the time....so if you want to keep your baby and not cause it serious suffering and pain, do what you gotta do.  Little harsh hun, but the truth!!
One week has passed since  this original post, in an average gestation period of 38 weeks, that is a considerable amount of time in the  development of a fetus.  Other than reiterating the same verbage of hysteria, what action has been taken to seek the medical help needed for the treatment of this pregnacy?    There is a phone in the house, a car in the garage, medical insurance, monies available that can easily be stolen from  mother,  positive advise and unconditional understanding from this forum,  but what has been done to help this unborn child?

You can post until you go into labor, however that is NOT going to contribute one iota to the health of this unborn baby.

To pick up the telephone and place a call to the OB/GYN is the least you can do in assuming a responsible role in the well being of the life you are bringing into this world.  

I am not judging your addiction or its  potential harm to the baby, however it is time to put some action into your words.

EXCELLENT post august.  I could not agree more.

Sympathy and compassion are great...and you've got it here...but you need to take action NOW.  **** or get off the pot, right?  Every minute that goes by you are risking the well being of your daughter...and why?  Out of fear.

Believe the posters here when they say that the EXACT thing that you fear most will happen if you just blow this off.  TELL YOUR DOCTOR.  TODAY.  Go to the Doctor's office in person and tell the staff that you have something urgent to speak with the doctor about.  They will HELP you.  Sure, they will judge you too most likely....but that is OKAY....you cannot worry about that.  You HAVE to suck it up....deal with the fear and just do it.

You will be amazed and very pleasantly surprised at the outcome.  If you don't...you will possibly regret this for a lifetime.

it never occued to me but why dont you try calling the NA hotline or look online for a hotline specic to addiction and pregnancy.... im sure you can find something. they might be able to find you some help...but every day that passes, you have to realize your baby is developing every minute or every hour of everyday of every week... its crucial you do something in attempting to let ANY OB/GYN  know so they can get you help...

-Mason.
GREAT POST..LATEAUGUST, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE....
I didn't see you pm last night, but I pm'd you back this morning.
dont have time to talk today. jesus im sorry the second i came on this website i didnt take action. i didnt realize if i didnt take action rite away ("Other than reiterating the same verbage of hysteria, what action has been taken to seek the medical help needed for the treatment of this pregnacy?    There is a phone in the house, a car in the garage, medical insurance, monies available that can easily be stolen from  mother,  positive advise and unconditional understanding from this forum,  but what has been done to help this unborn child?") IM HERE im talking im sorry if my hysteria is bothering all of u...maybe talkin wasnt a good idea. im sorry for spilling my guts..im not trying to be snotty in ANY WAY im really regretting coming here. if u guys think its a good idea for me to leave i will leave. i know my baby is growing im not retarded. i know im hurting her. You all think i should tell my doctor and thats prolly whats best but i am still undecided. at least i am trying. trying so hard to stop....even went to NA but i guess that doesnt matter. i have a feeling writing this post is going to get me attacked but this is how i feel. thank u for everyone that actually cared.

ps and it was really hard for me to tell a,ll of u what i have been doing to my mother. how bad that tore up my insides because of the relationship we hav and the size of her heart. but im living the life of  ajunkie. im so glad that that statement that was difficult to write was thrown in my face. thanks a billion.

I've been following this thread but keeping my mouth shut cuz you felt attacked last time I posted but I'm going to try again regardless. Something you said in a post a few back kinda bothered me -
"the thing is i kno i can quit w/o rehab i jus need the bf to put his foot down and this time around hes not."
If that is not your addiction talking 100% I really don't know what is. Sweetie - if you could quit without rehab you would have done it already... it has nothing to do with your boyfriend putting his foot down and if you really believe that... well, it's denial working in full force. Addiction is insidious and makes you believe things that aren't true. I'm not sure why your last post was so out there... I didn't see anyone ask you to leave. But you have to expect different reactions from different people regarding your situation. I hear you say you are trying, and that's good, but at this point you really need to be doing something. Someone earlier said sh*t or get off the pot and it's kinda true... You can continue on as "undecided", and then you'll have to deal with whatever the consequences are whenever you get to them. Or you could push thru the fear and put some of this advice into action. You say people are throwing things in your face, but they're not. People are stating fact and the truth is always more harsh when it's staring you in the face. Coming here and talking about all this is a great first step but you are going to have to take the second step pretty soon, which is action...
hey i know what u r going thru, u r on the right track noone can tell u what 2 do, only provide u with advice. U r the one that needs to take care of Haley, I know u r gonna do the right thing I feel it in my heart. Good Luck and  everything happens for a reason. u have ur reasons for not telling ur ob/gyn and if noone understands don't worry bcuz u know u have to do the right thing and it's gonna be ur way, bcuz u r u and noone here knows u, GOOD LUCK
ok- i have read masons posts to you and I used to work for a facility that helped mothers or soon to be mothers get clean and save their child. i have also seen that my husband was being supportive an informative the whole time. yes it is, for the most part, harder to get clean while pregnant. but there is no "deciding" to make. you dont tell the doctor your baby will be taken away and you will ne arrested if you tell and soon, ou will probably get the hep you need and keep your baby. sounds like an obvious decision when it's between keeping your newborn or losing her and going to jail. *shrug* maybe im not reading this right? someone please tell me if i am.

*Kristen*
so my thread here kinds died but i figured i would post anyway. last week i drove an hour and spent $100 to see my suboxen doctor, i told him of  my relapse and that i was pregnant. i told him i wanted to ween myself off suboxen as quickly as possible for haley. well the jerk didnt react so well. he kept throwing accusations at me very rudely and for some reason wanted to get my mother involved (am i a child..no.) we ended up getting into a sort of shouting match and i left..wasting my money.
tomorrow at 1 i have an appt. with a new doctor. if i tel her i am pregnant  i can not get the meds. i found that out the hard way and thats life. but hte point is tomorrow i am going and i pray to god that it works.
this addiction has reached a whole new level. i am now using about $100 worth a day which i hav been on before. i kno that i can kick this. i will prolly hav to start at 12mg of subs and work my way down. tomorrow adn the next couple days after that are going to be very difficult. itll b hard not to go. not to use. im going to b craving so bad. but i dont want it anymore. i want my life back. i need my life back. i want haley to be healthy so bad that it hurts and i am the one who has put her life in jeapordy. i am a horrible person.
this is ruining ever aspect of my life. i am stealing large quantites of money from my mother. killing my daughter. hurting myself. and today my boss sent me home...i was high at work and he got so mad he started screaming at me. i did not want him knowing i am an addict. i have a feeling all of my co workers know as well.
well thats life right. please pray for haley. shes quite the fighter.
i dont think you should have to start at higher than 8mg as i had a gram gram and a half day habbit of heroin for over 6 months and 8mg worked great also the good doctors ive found(wich there are few that prescribe sub!) have all told me that there are only very special circumstances where there should be more than 8mg prescribed. but good luck and i really hope it help you as it has me. best wishes
one more question. i really want to get bak into NA but if i go to NA and open up and tell them i relapsed and im 6 months pregnant...can they get CPS involved?  no rite cuz its supposed to b confidential?
I really wish you would just find an OB you trust and tell him/her.  While you may get off the Heroin, if you are on Sub, the baby will w/d from that.  Also, Sub is NOT approved for use in pregnant women, and especially if you require a higher dose, it could have very real consequences.  

The Sub doctor had a responsibility to "cut you off" b/c of the unknown with the drug.  

You need to fess up to the OB, not the Sub doc.  They will do what's right for you and the baby.

I sincerely hope it works out for you, but I really am fearful.  Your habit has gotten worse, and you seem to be under the impression that Sub is the answer.  There simply is NO substitute for anything but 100% honesty with your obstetrician at this point.  That os the ONLY safe option.

Glad to see you still posting, and I know you are petrified, but just do the right thing...you are only wasting very valuable time.  Your worst fears truly may be realized if you don't act NOW.

Best of luck.
really really agree with the last poster. why in the world have you not told an ob yet?! everyone on here has offered up some really good heart felt advice and almost everyone here has told you what is going to happen if you dont and you try and detox on your own. you say the your first priority is the babys health, yet even after reading close to 100 posts about what will happen to that baby if you dont tell an ob from experienced addicts and some that have professions dealing with pregnant addicts, you continue to just do what you were doing before... the longer you wait the bigger a hole you dig for yourself. na wont be the people who get cps involved its the doctors and the nurses in the delivery room that will-because again they will find out after birth and cps will take the baby and you will get hit with child endangerment and depending on the state maybe even as much as attempted murder. im not trying to be mean and im not trying to scare you. i just wish you would go get some help! also, i know 50 others have already said this, but detoxing on your own could send you into labor... go get help dont hurt this baby and yourself anymore. tell the ob and if youre going to a new sub doctor, you need to tell them too. my husband was supportive to you, offered up great advice. now i am telling you the facts, nice or not, this is the reality of your situation. there is no dancing around it anymore...do what needs to be done so you can actually keep your baby and be the mother she deserves....again, i apologize if i sound harsh, but at this point your only options are to tell and get the medical help you both need to dont tell and risk both your lives and jepordize any chances of keeping cps away from your and the baby...

*Kristen*  
I know my original post made you angry a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately I was talking about you waiting one week from your first post on this thread to seek medical help.
In reality your true original post on MedHelp regarding your addiction and the potential impact on the fetus  was written  and posted  in January.  My gosh,   5 months ago.

Yet to date, nothing has changed.      I can accept your anger,  I have no problem with that.  HOWEVER  I only  wish someone  or something could get your attention that you absolutely need to have your OB/GYN involved in your pregnancy  and begin  taking some small steps in the right direction for the wellfare of your unborn child.

I have a friends who got pregnant and she was in on methadone and was still addicted to heroin as well (she had been using for 8 years). She was injecting it into her neck cuz she didn't have any veins left. It was not pleasant. In the end she had a healthy baby, but unfortunately the little guy had to be given small amounts of morphine to help with his withdrawals. I remember seeing him stretching and crying from being uncomfortable. i just want to say that although it is dangerous that you are using while pregnant, it is possible to still have a healthy pregnancy. I strongly recommend getting off before giving birth. After 8 weeks the withdrawals won't be that bad. you can do it! Keep the faith :)
I just read this whole thread, and Im not going to comment, judge or tell you what to do.  But I do want to respond to your last question.  You are worried that if you go to NA and tell them whats going on that CPS can get involved.  What do you think is going to happen when you have this baby?  If you dont work with an OBGYN and you don't inform the hospital and your doctors that your using, when this baby is born addicted, CPS will definitely get involved, without a shadow of a doubt.  You have to trust someone.  NA will probably know of an OBGYN doc who is experienced in this.. the OBGYN may know of a sub doc who is experienced in this.. Dont let that one rude a-hole of a doc make you give up on your quest to do what is right for this baby and yourself.  You gotta keep trying.  Someone said above that your not the first pregnant heroine addict and you wont be the last and they are right..so please keep trying until you find a doctor who will support and help you.  Good luck and lots of prayers
I tried to read all the posts but there were so many so forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been asked. My question is isnt there a Doctor/Patient confidentiality law to protect her? She should be able to confide in her dr without fears of repercussions. Without that freedom thats what  makes us hide things...things that a professional can us with?

Secondly I want to say to iamblonde you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear you are on suboxone now. Please keep us posted with your progress. I know addiction is hard. But this is something you can overcome and you and yourdaughter can be ok with the right treatment. Get help from your drs and if you and your ob dont get along great see if there is someone else on your insurance list you can switch to. You need to feel absolutely comfortable with your Dr so they can help you. Stay strong. I will be thinking and praying for you and your daughter.
Blondie:

I will make it simple.  Find a new OB (preferably a woman--they are less judgmental toward other women), tell her your story from the beginning and tell her you want to do the right thing by your baby.  Ask her if she can get you on a titrated withdrawal schedule on suboxone.  Considering your alternatives, that is the safest treatment.  DO NOT continue doing what you are doing.  Stick to that schedule!  Any court later will commend you for trying to do the right thing by seeking help.  It is only if you do NOT seek help that they may take away your baby at birth.  But more than that, realize that you are now the light of your baby's life.  It isn't about you anymore.  It is about your child.  Good luck.  I am pulling for you, kid!

RichDoc
i know exactly what you are going threw. i am currently 7 months pregnant and taking methadone. At the begining of my pregnacy i was pretty much using whatever i could get my hands on. when i found out i was actually pregnant it was to hard to stop, even though you truely want to. NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT UNLESS THEY HAVE DELT WITH IT TOO. And trust me that is the truth. i'm seeing a mid wife not an ob because i am considered high risk being an addict and being on the methadone. the baby and yourself have to be monitored closely while on this stuff. i was actually told that suboxone will harm the baby more thats why theyrecommended methodone. subutex never came up so i couldnt tell you much about that. i'm currently on 42 mg and feel great. my baby is healthy aswell. i've asked to be winged off of the methodone because i don't want a  chance of my baby being addicted. but they won't recommend it just to be safe. there are at least 3 other girls that i run into at the clinic where i get my methodone and they all have had healthy babys, also surprisingly none of their babies we addicted when born. and they were on at least 70 mg. i'm not sure if your still wondering about all this i just read what was up top. i know exactly what you are going threw your not alone. and there are plenty of other women out there struggling with the same stuff. it's scary expecially when you have another to care for besides yourself. your not alone, and i just wanted to make sure the information i knew would be passed on to you, weather it helps you or not at least you know. i wish you the best of luck and if you need anything else, or have any questions please let me know. she's counting on you, and only you. remember that.
sorry but either way css is going to get involved. they only way you can save your child now would be to get clean they will test the baby for any drugs when you have her and if ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING even weed comes up in yours or her system she's gone. get help and just be honest. days go on and you get threw things, people will stand by you and help you but they will not stand by you and help you if your not helping yourself. tell your ob you have to. just get it over with you will feel 100 times better. you know whats right and what you should do.just stick your chest out and hold your head up high, your doing this for a reason. do you like the way your life is right now? sounds to me like you don't. well do something about it. change... it takes time won't happen over night i can promise you that. and your going to have to work at it big time. but you know what when your looking for dope youll do anything and everything to get that high. so why not go through all the **** to get clean. start digging your way out of that hole you dug yourself into. you can do it! trust me if i can be where i am now from where i was just back in january... you can do it. and i don't even know you personally. but you have to want it. you have to be ready to give it all up. if your not then there's no point. you'll get sick and tired of being sick and tired one day. you'll get sick of hurting your family and living a lie. but you better do it while you still have that little bit of hope in the people that love you because pretty soon they will give up on you just like your giving up on yourself. and thats even a worse feeling. there's help out there, so use it. i put myself threw hell when i was using, don't get me wrong the thoughts of using are still there... but if you are going to NA i'm sure you heard "play the whole tape all the way threw" do it and i promise you, you will change everything. i don't want to hear of anything bad comming of your situation, and i am willing to help you in anyway possible because i know exactly what you are going threw. and it's not easy. i like to belive that us addicts are more of the stronger people in life because of what we have been threw and where we are today. but everything happens for a reason all you can do is learn from it and move on. son't make the same mistakes in a row. and learn to forgive yourself. your worth it. and so is your daughter. you have someone else depending on you now. it's not about you anymore it's about her. good luck!!!
PLEASE read drea's posts over and over.  While the rest of us have been trying to steer you in the right direction...you have the info coming STRAIGHT from someone living it.  SHE did the right thing and told her doctor...and what happened?  She is getting support and being closely monitored.  Also, she is right about the Sub vs Methadone.  There just isn't enough research out there about the effects of Sub on a pregnancy/infant.  There is w/d for sure...but everything else is a big unknown.  On Methadone...you will be properly dosed (although you have to take it as Rxed)...and closely watched.  The delivery team will be FULLY prepared for any issues that come up...and they will be able to treat your daughter BEFORE w/d's begin.  If you stay silent...she will start w/d's, and that just is NOT fair to her.  Then, the docs are not going to have the info they need to treat her accordingly.

You don't want to lose your child, you are not a bad person.  You have a problem.  HOWEVER.  Time is of the essence now.  You've heard it from all of us....we are not just trying to scare you into doing the right thing.  If you think you will sneak this by the medical team, PLEASE think again...it's NOT going to happen.  IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.  So, if that is still where your mindset is...think again.  It truly will not happen.  They are going to find out.  Let them find out from you, NOW.  Your daughter WILL have w/d's from the Sub, and they can be VERY severe.  If that happens and you haven't disclosed vital info about your use....then CYS will NOT have any mercy, and you will have to fight that much harder to prove yourself.  WHY do that to yourself?  When you tell the doc...they aren't going to arrest you, they are going to help you.  Sure, you may be received very positively at first, but the longer you wait, the worse that will be.  And, who cares anyway...YOU are doing it for the right reasons.  You have a responsibility to this child, plain and simple.  Is the dad involved?  If so, what does he say?  Maybe HE could be supportive when you approach the doctor.  

Find a new OB today...and do whatever it takes to make sure that you are given the proper care and that your daughter will not be in any more danger at delivery than she has to be.  Newborns that have complications are so fragile, and things can literally turn on a dime.  It TRULY may make the difference between life and death for her if the team does not know about this...and IF it comes down to telling them at a moment where your daughter has gone into some type of distress, it may be too late.  I'm NOT saying that to frighten you, but it IS the cold hard truth.  And IF God forbid something would happen to your daughter...not only would you have to live with that knowing it was fully preventable, but there will be legal consequences beyond your imagination.  :0(

This is 100% fixable.  Fix it.....it's more than time.  Despite anything any of us have said to you here...we're all rooting for you...and we want the best for your child, and for you.
I wanted to address this---

"My question is isnt there a Doctor/Patient confidentiality law to protect her? She should be able to confide in her dr without fears of repercussions"

Yes, there ARE confidentiality laws to protect a patient.  HOWEVER when there is a child at risk, medical professionals have a LEGAL and MORAL responsibility to report it to the proper authorities.  There would be bigtime consequences if it wasn't reported.
hi.. i just wanted to no if what u are sayin is really true.. i am addicted to heroin and i am in my 4th month of pregnancy. i am scared sh*tless and scared i am going to lose my baby. i do have suboxone.. but noe enough for the whole time i am pregnant and if i do keep gettin the suboxone will they have to wein my baby off of it to??? please help me.
You go girl! Well said! I too was horrified that this person spoke to Imsoblond. I am 9 weeks pregnant and addicted to Ambien, and am weaning myself off slowly. But to tell her (or anyone) that she doesn't love her baby is unconscientable....and they have obviously never been through an addiction. I adore my baby and would give my life to protect him/her. It's not like us addicts are just looking to get high. I (and I believe is the case for the others with similar problems on here) am looking for a way to get off the stuff without hurting my child with the withdrawals. The fact that she is concerned about the affects on her unborn baby and the steps she's taking to get off the stuff shows what a good mother she already is and how much she DOES love that baby. Imsoblond ~ don't ever let anyone tell you differently. You will be fine!
liscamdave i agree and actually thank u that u said that about pregnant women i came on here a few weeks ago and i am preegnant however i changed my name because of allt he critism i got i was totally not expecting it cecasue i read lots of post before i joined and while it was NOT enough for me to go back into using i am still clean off the oxy's 3 weeks my dr put me on methadone which i was NOT willing to be on so i only took a few to help w the w/d from the oxy as to not hurt my baby while going ct but i thank u for being caring to the fact she is pregnant i felt HORRIABLE at the different attacks and COMMANDS i got as to what i HAD to do for my baby and to not think of myself for once and on and on i felt judged and am NO different than ANY other addict on here except i got pregnant while using and most have not anyway to the mommy please do tell ur dr it is hard but i stepped up and u have to too u will prob be suprised w the help u get blessings to u
This is one subject that really bothers me
ok so i sat and read ALL the post AFTER i posted wow this really has taking lots of turns here everyone here seems to be worried about the baby and supportive too it is a scary thing to think this baby could have to go through w/d i really suggest u find a ob u can talk to this is really something u should NOT be handling on ur own i on the other hand want to offer a different idea than what has been mentioned i know u said u r not really "religious" i am not either BUT I BELIVE IN JESUS which is DIFFERENT than religion i really suggest u get on ur knees and pray pour ur heart out to God HE loves u more than u will ever know and it is NOT beyond him to completely heal people of addiction this i PROMISE u HE already knows how u feel and what is going on He is just waiting for u to come to Him just talk to Him about this whole thing accept Jesus as ur Lord and savior admit u cant do it anymore and ask for forgiveness of ur sins get a Bible and start reading there is LIFE in the Bible and watch what happens sometimes we put out trust in the WRONG people eventually we have to try it Gods way after a while just try it u cant go wrong u r in my prayers
Well like some of the stories of girls on here I am a sad sore storie.
I am 21 51/2 m pregnant and majorly addicted to heroin and meth.
I found out I was pregnant about 21/2 months ago and a month ago found out I was 14 weeks and 5 days so basicly my whole pregnancy so far I. Have been on heroin and meth heavily now I'm trying so hard to totaly quit meth but its so hard when around me everyday and the h I'm terrified of withdrawls idk what to do I want what's best for my baby that wasn't expected but can't seem to not numb my feelings or hide the truth.
Good luck with everything. I have tried every drug there is since 14 and I have also managed to kick many habits and go through 2 pregnancies mostly drug-free. When I found I was pregnant with my daughter I was taking a lot of prescription pills and a lot of speed and pot. I gave up cigarettes pretty quickly cos they tasted bad. I had thought the hardest drug to kick was pot, especially because it helped so much with my early morning sickness and nausea. I weened myself off over the first 2-3 months and never looked back. The next time I was pregnant I had been using ice and pot and a lot of alcohol. I immediately stopped the booze and ice but had to wean off the pot again over 2-3 months. My sister smoked a lot of weed through her pregnancy and now she has a son with severe ADHD and mental issues. He was born with breathing difficulties and had to be in special care in a humidicrib. During her pregnancy I judged her and I felt bad for it but I am happy I did the right thing for my babies who ended up being beautiful healthy twin boys. 2 years ago I got addicted to painkillers, codeine, valium etc. I hadn't done heroin since I was 19 and I'm now 31. It took almost a year to address my addiction and now I've been on suboxone for a year. It has been the hardest drug to be on and to want to get off and there are days that I wish I could just go into a coma and just wake up when it`s all over. BUT- it is safer for your body and your baby to be on a monitored dose prescribed by a doctor and you can access counselling and support for both your addiction and your pregnancy. God forbid you get some H from a new dealer and end up both overdosed- you never know what you`re getting in street drugs. I know how hard drug addiction and pregnancy is and you can`t do this on your own. Suboxone prescribing doctors go itno that business because they care and are understanding of what people are going through. I think you`ll feel so much better if you talk to someone, try lifeline or 13health first if you`re scared because its anonymous. They will be able to give you real answers and not just a smack in the face. I wish you all the best. To all the haters-Karma will get you!
Good  comment....x
I am 24 years old and am 7 months pregnant with a herion addiction. I am really, more than anything, wanting to get off of this for obvious reasons. Number one being because I'm scared to death of what is happening and WILL happen to my daughter if I DONT stop now! I love my baby girl SO MUCH and I can't stand the thought of her being sick or being taken away from me. Please, can someone, anyone, respond to me and give me any POSITIVE advice and feedback? I already know the negatives and I how awful my situation is. If I could could go back in time and change things I would...but I can't. So PLEASE....help me help my daughter. Shes all i have in this entire world and i will do ANYTHING for her....thank u...

I saw your touching letter to the lady that was pregnant and on herion.
I unfortunately am in the same predicament : (
I am recently pregnant less than 3 weeks.
I want to get off of herion, can you please help me?

Thank you
Hi angel, and welcome to the forum.  Just wanted to mention that you may want to start a new thread by posting a new question (you'll find the link for that at the top of this page).  The older threads tend to get overlooked in this place.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome.  I'm glad you found your way here.  :)
hi u said u had two healthy babies on sub im really worried because im on it and have been everyday since ive become ppragnt both my doctors agree its the best thing than to go off but im really worried my baby will be in nicu and how much were u taking a day ?? im on 8 half I kina lowerd myself down but I still take it two times a day but its still less than what the doctors think I take even thoughtill take it twice a day is that worse than just taking a big dose at once ? and I just don't understand how taking this stuff dosnt cause withdrawls in them but I hope it dosnt and hearing you had no issues with that does help me feel alittle better but I wanted to know if u were on it everyday for  the whole pragnancie im sure that matters if someome was on it for two months at 2mg a day that's probly not enough to hurt the baby but if ur on it the whole time taking it twice a day and my doctor said the suboxone isn't any less safer than subutex id rather be on the subutex becaue it dosnt have the naloxone in it and another thing is if I need pain meds during labor will I get any releife since the naloxone is a pain blocker?? please I need answers thanks
u need a suboxone doctor you said you had one than tell them your pregnant and don't they do drug test you would think they could tell and u can only hide it for so long before they will find out and don't be scared your doctor cant cut you off while pragnt especially because it will send your unborn baby into withdrawls you will feel so much better telling him because I know for a fact they cannot cut you off if anything they have to give you it and possably up your dose my doctor kept me on it and said if the baby does come out withdrawing you have to breastfed and its still ten times better than heroin and I don't understand heroin addiction but I do understand narcotic addiction its a horrible thing feeling like you cant stop and you always need  more and no matter how much you love your baby u still cant fully stop so you need to at least be honest with your sub doctor and they wont cut u off
Somehow, heroin is the least harmful to an unborn child....go figure.  You cannot go on subuxone,; u have to go on subutex.is there  any way u can say u were on subuxone not heroin and need to switch now?? Idk about them taking our child if our on h but they won't if u r on subutex.  This is really
Hi ladies- this is a really old thread so anyone who is in need of help, advice, etc, please post a new question at the top and I'm sure you will get some great feedback!
I was on methadone my entire pregnancy and my son was born with zero issues or w/d's. Every case is different though!!! The doctors cannot predict whether or not the baby will be born having to detox or not? I was just very lucky! Also, no one ever mentioned CPS or any other kind of trouble since I was on a methadone program, being prescribed methadone and monitored by a doctor. However, having any kind of street drug, or unprescribed drug In Your system can and most likely WILL get CPS involved and can bring on issues you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy! Not to mention how incredibly unsafe it is for your unborn child. You have NO idea whats in the stuff that youre buying off the streets. And it could be fatal to your fetus.
Detoxing while pregnant can be equally as dangerous and can cause you to lose the baby (spur attic abortion is what my doc called it).
You have to get help! Go to a methadone clinic first if you don't want to tell your doc your doing dope. Once on methadone or suboxen or whatever you decide, then tell your doctor, btw, I'm taking xyz. They HAVE to know to properly monitor and care for you and the baby!  
Good luck!!
Did everything work out ok for u. Same happened to me. Healthy baby boy for me.  When I first found out I qas preg I k e pt wishing it was a bad dream. In the end I love him so much and in a way believe he saved my life. Without him I prob would have overdosed and never been able to change from the monster I was.

Im also 22 weeks pregnant and lowering my H dose. It really ***** to live in secret and suffer silently. While other moms to be are excited about a new baby, us addicts are just excited to get r next fix. Its sick, and the guilt eats you alive. Yet, im determined to kick this! Im tired of crying myself to sleep and hiding my shame from friends and family. Im also tapering an oxycodone prescription. This is being supervised by my ob, as i have chronic kidney issues which include mass amounts of pain and blood in the urine. Is it possible i can still reach out to you? I know this thread is a little old, but i could use a friend who understands, as well as a nurse to receive advice from.