Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
SUB & Self Tapering off HELP ME FAST??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

SUB & Self Tapering off HELP ME FAST??

Has anyone tapered off Sub real fast?
I take 2 a day ( for 34 days now)
And I want to know ANYTHING THAT ANYONE CAN TELL ME!
I will even give someone my phone number if  they have some advice.
I have 15 pills left- Can i taper off & never get a script again?
((( LONG STORY Why I wanna taper off ASAP But Regardless- PLEASE HELP---
ANY INFO will be appriciated!))))
most go down slowly...so r u at 4 mg a day or 16 mg a day?..comes in 2s and 8 mg p[ills...34 days may be soone enough to get off without alot of problems...I have enever tapered from sub /have used it/ did not quit using it..  people who are at large does can get on down to 8 or even 4mg without alot of problems they say..after the 2 mg mark i hear people have a bit of trouble..but 34 days is not a long time...if u get off now...use the 15 to taper off...it can be done...if u will be totally wd free/no one can say

the thomas recipe and exercise will help..lots of support here..good luck!  stay strong
Hi,  You say you are taking 2 pills a day, but you didn't say what mg they were -- if they are 8 mg each that is 16 mg a day of Sub -- a large amount.  I tapered off of Sub in 21 days.  I started with 2 mg and on day 20 I only took a crumb.  The W/D's are not pleasant but it can be done.  My 21 day taper was done with 9 pills and I have never taken any more.  You should know what to expect and I think you have read the posts from other sub users on this site.  If now I suggest you do so --- knowledge is power.  We all wish you the best --- get The Thomas Recipe and The Amino Acid Protocol- take some time off work or prepare for a bad case of 'the flu' for a couple of weeks----- Trust me,  it is so  worth it and you will survive, although you may not think so.  No matter how long you taper, you are going to have some pretty severe W/D's.  All the best.
like ochooked said..if u want to do this then u can!
Worse than if i had just quit the Hydros?
So what should i take today???   a 1/2 a pill in the am & a 1/2 later?
Well, it depends on the strength of the Sub-- are you taking 8 mg or 2 mg pills??  Whatever they are you should just take 2 mg of Sub ---- (1/4 of an 8 mg tablet).  You should not have much problem until you get below 2 mg and then you will start to feel it.  If you are on 2 mg tabs then try taking only half of it.  The first day or two you do this you should feel pretty good b/c this stuff has such a long half life that it stays in your body for days.  So, you are right (assuming you are on 2 mg tablets) to take 1/2 twice a day.  All the best.
What mg is the sub's you are taking? Are you taking 2 8mg pills twice a day?? If so, 16mgs is ALOT of sub. And the w.d will be bad. I don't mean to scare you, but sub is very strong. And yes..it is MUCH stronger then the hydros. You have to taper to as little as you can. Remember, sub builds up in your system, so if you were to stop the 16mgs today, you wouldn't be in w.d until late Friday. You can taper with what you have left. You need to cut what you are taking now, into half and do that for a few days, then cut it in half again. WHy do you need to do such a speedy taper?? If you do it like that, really fast, odds are you are going to be in more pain throughout the process. If you need to stop so quickly, just stop...get through the w.d and move on. If you taper alot you will be in steady w.d the entire process. The only way to do this as comfortably as possibly, is to do a slow, proper taper. Since you have been taking so much for so long, you will be in some w.d when you stop. But it will be over a lot quicker then a long, drug out fast taper. Good luck..Hope this helped some..

Lisa