Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sad

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sad

Well my friends, i was just woken up by a phone call and of course  it was terrible news. Now i am sad and cant fall back asleep. One of my best friends moms just passed away. She died from alcoholism. She has known for years that this disease was killing her as did everyone around her. It just goes to show how with addiction it just totally takes over your life. Your thoughts. Your body. You know its killing you yet you reach for "one" last drink or "one" last pill or whatever your DOC is. Its sick when you really think of it.... I know this is gonna kill me yet i am going to do it anyways. I think it shows  how as addicts we can be so selfish because this addiction has taken our lives over. Right now more then ever i am ever so thankful to this forum and all of my friends here. Without all the support and helped i have recieved that to could have been me one day. That could have been anyone of us someday. Lets all make a pact with one another to stay strong and ask for the help when we need it!
Please pray for my friend and her family. Addiction took her mom away, her kids grandma away tonight. The prayers will be very welcome. Thank you....
Oh I am so sorry to hear this....You will all be in my prayers... I am sorry for that whole family. I am in that pact with you on staying strong and yes...we should all ask for help when we need it! That's what we are here for! Sorry for your loss & their loss as well....
Love & Sympathy,
JoAnn
thanks joann!
im sorry for your friends mother passing! and yes you are so right ! addiction is very selfish. as someone posted to me a while back(Remember, Addiction has no preference to whom it takes a hold of and it doesnt care about you or anyone you love.....it only cares for itself.!!!)i lost my step-father to alcohalism and it was just terrible to watch him suffer so.... it just  ate me up inside, every organ he had just slowly started to shut down and die! along with the trimmers and the seizures it was a horrible way to pass! once again my deepest condolicents to you and your girl friend!im with you about this forum i know it saved my life!!!! for over 4 years ive been fighting a snorting habit(percs)20plus pills a day.with the help of the great friends i have here at the forum, after trying to taper off uncounted times during this time only to lose to the addition once again just bite the bullet and went ct along with the meds and all the imfo everyone gave me from the health pages i started on a monday and in about 6-8 days i started to fell somewhat human but still very , very tired and so much anxiety but over all about 2 weeks for me bwcauce of the snorting habit. i even took a leave of absence from work and just hide and tried to rest.it was absolutly the hardest D**M thing i ever went through in my life ever!!!! but oh how it was worth it! 39 days today clean , you know i almost forgot what it felt like before the drugs thats been over 20 years of  my life. thanks to all of you for helping me to stay strong and just do the ct it was the better way to do the detox! im glad i listened to you all. i owe my life to this forum and to all who helped me on my road to recovery!! my prayers are with you and she is now in a better place no more suffering, no more pain,no more addition! with deepest regrets       sherri
thank you so much..very sweet and very true
How tragic.  You are right this could be any of us.  It was one of my biggest worries that i would o/d and my family would find out my dirty secret.  Now i dont have to worry about that.  I am sorry about your loss.  May you all find comfort in each other.    sara
Its very tragic and yet I know first hand how it all works as my mother killed herself with alcohol leaving behind my younger brother and sister to my care. Not to mention her grandchildren. I was so against addiction then and never thought I would end up addicted.

My deepest prayers go out to the family!!
my thoughts and prayers are with you. I 'm sorry for what you are going through, death is so hard to handle. Be Strong! I am in that pact with you. If you need to talk, I'm here for you!

i too am sorry for what the family is going through.  i will keep them and you in my prayers.  count me in on the pact.  i dont ever want to go back there.
Thank you everyone. I will pass the prayers along.
jen
Lifting your friend and her family up in prayer. Lifting you as well for your loss and pain. Also praying for you to have the strength to help your friend through this process.
In Him,
ng
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and support. I have passed it along. What a terrible thing they are going threw. My friends kids are far to young to understand which is making it even harder cuz they want to know when they are gonna see her again and if she can play yet. So sad. Addiction is such a terrible disease and it really hits home when it takes someone that you know.
I am so sorry to hear this...Such a terribe lose ...Prayers going to the family and all of her loved ones...
hugs to you my friend
r2r
Lord, I pray for the family that has so tragically lost their mom to addiction.  Hold them in your arms and comfort them as only You can.  I pray that You will send the right people into their lives, people who wil minister to their daily needs.  give bandnmom the right words to say and the wisdoom to know what they need, when they need it.  comfort her as well.  I pray for Your Peace to invade their homes, that peace that passes all understanding.  In Jesus wonderful name.  Amen

He is the only One who can give real lasting comfort.  Lean on Him, and i gaurantee, He will be there for you.

Lucy
all you can do in a time like this is pray. sorry for your friends loss. i know you don't deal with these things well so we are all here for support. hang tough. so sad
My prayers and sympathy to your friends family.  I have to say your post was so heart felt and right to the core.  Maybe your post can help so many others.  It really made me think and I am not using anymore.  Your friends loss and your words may save somebody's life........amazing.

Luv & prayers
Nauty...........
I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss....I will for sure say prayers for them and you too.. hang in there!
hugs
bobby
Sorry for the loss....what a waste...scary as well ..prayers are with ur friend and her family
Lucyred..thank you so much for that beautiful prayer. I truly apprreciate it.

Naughty...thank you so much for the comment. I hope to that somehthing good can come from such a lose. Maybe this post will help someone else.

Everyone else.. Thank you once again for your prayers and support. You all are such wonderful friends!

hugs,
jen
I am really sorry for your loss as well as your friends loss.  Death is not an easy thing to deal with I know.  I will keep you and her family in my prayers.  Stay strong because at times like these are the times when it seems to be the easiest to give in and get something.  We are here for you always!!!!!!!

Marj
I echo the heartfelt sentiments of all of our friends who have already posted their kind thoughts and prayers.  I've been so fortunate because no one I'm close to has died from alcoholism or drug use.  The AA/NA club where I go to meetings is always a major wake-up call for me because there are stories that scare me beyond belief.  It keeps me on guard for the severity of addiction.  It does kill.  Sometimes, we can be alive in the physical sense (still breathing) but feel dead on the inside...that is a bad place that most of us have probably experienced.  To you, bandnmom, I pray that you will be strong for your friend's family and that you will have the inner strength to keep on believing in miracles.  I can tell from your post that you are really hurting for them.  The woman who passed was not able to break through her habit, but we ALL have the benefit of learning from others and our own mistakes.  We don't have to give in to addiction.  We can beat it...one day at a time...and only with the help of God, our friends and family.  God's speed.
my prayers are with your friend and her family also..addiction is serious business..and so sad. I pray for every one of us that we will not ever give up the fight and will stay strong..