Sleeping pills help?
I do not have access to xanax or any type of prescription sleeping aide, but I did use Tylenol PM last night and it did nothing. Should I just not take anything at all? does over the counter sleep aides even work at this point?

Thanks!
I found that NOTHING helped at first. The teas, melatonin, valerian root, etc. But, it may for you. I tried many benadrylls, et al.
Nothing but more buzzing and more wide awake-ness.
S*cked.
Don't nap if you can at all help it, and make sure you exercise. It helps rebuild all that stuff that has been depleted.
Wish I could help more, but some things we just have to go thru...
Best,
Amy
I'm trying pot tonight was using Xanax til i ran out :-/
my first couple of nights of detox nothing helped...tried melatonin along with an allergy med...then nightquil...nothing at all helped.  my husband had some neurontin...it s for nerve pain...it helped the best on day 6 or 7....i used it for about 2 months...had no problem when i stopped...then i used like a grocery name sleep aid for many months after....i just had to sleep....i still use them occasionally when needed...they were never a problem when i quit them either....i think it took me about 8 weeks to get back into a regular sleep mode but everyone is different...wishing you zzzzzz s...maria :)
I have tried a couple of times to go cold turkey from oxy.  the first time was so horrible because of the restless leg and i could not sleep for nothin.  I tried nyquil and over the counter sleep aids that did not help a bit.  However, i did go to my dr and she did prescibe ambien and this time around it worked like a charm.  that too can be very addicting.  I only used it for the first two nights and last night went at it cold turkey.  I know you said you do not have access to that though.  You will probably get better rest in a few days and then the tylenol pm might work better.  I am a rookey at this myself so don't have much info to give.  But that is what worked for me.  good luck and hang in there.  Also, please note that like i said....prescription sleep aids can be addicting so in no way do i encourage taking that on a regular basis.  but knowing what you are going through, thought i would give my input.  If you talk to your dr she or he may be able to help.  
try the 2 supplements from the health food store from the "amino acid protocol" one is a sleep aid and the other is a natural valium its called L-theanine.
i bought them yesterday and got a pretty good nights rest. finally!
took one of the sleep aids and one of the L-theanine. before i bought those i drank a cup of the night time theraflu stuff and that helped. good luck. we do need our rest thats for sure.