Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Today I will be dropping benzos...Hopefully...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

nov 17th 2011 4.0 mg x since Nov 2009 2 yrs gradual use.
cut to 3.5 xanax (x) with 10 mg valium (v)
every two weeks since or so ive cut by .25 or .5
2/25/12 at 1.25 mg x w/ 30 mg v
2/26/12 NO MORE XANAX @ 45 MG PER DAY OF V!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4/8 holding  40mg v...making a cut hopefully to 35 in two weeks
4/20 no weed smokin lol down to 35 mg v, Doctors today going to request to
be off all benzos and switch to Phenobarbital to prevent seziures.
Welcome to the beginning of hell Amber, all I can do is pray and have faith!

Is this a good idea?
?
helpppp
why does he want to stop the valium at 35mgs??

you will also need to taper from phenobarbital (barbiturate).it is also addictive and if stopped suddenly can cause seizures

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/phenobarbital.html  
also found this.

Controversy
In some instances, a "detox" or other inpatient facility will take a person off a benzodiazepine "cold turkey" — replacing it with a short, one- to two-week taper of phenobarbital (a barbiturate) to prevent seizures. Most physicians and medical authorities agree, in the majority of cases, a slow taper is preferred to a rapid taper or "cold turkey" withdrawal from a benzodiazepine. A less harsh method is replacement with phenobarbital followed by a slow reduction of the phenobarbital. In a comparison study, a rapid detoxification using benzodiazepines was found to be superior to a phenobarbital rapid detoxification.[115][116] Often, individuals dependent on benzodiazepines are judged to be "an addict" when presenting to their doctor with withdrawal symptoms, and are inappropriately referred to a substance-abuse center. Such referrals are only appropriate for substance abusers and not for nonabusers who are physically dependent on benzodiazepines.[4]

Its not him, its me.
off the valium on 90mg phenobarbital
its the only way i can go to a non medical rehab funded by the county