Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Too Much Information (TMI) and newly CT'ers?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 2 of CT/WD here again in case you missed my other posts lately. Can you believe hubby and I actually had sex?? I dont know how  I did it but I did, lol. I sure am feeling even worse now though. Omg I hurt all over so bad. My back is giving me alot of grief too, which is nothing new, but its stepped up a few notches on how bad it hurts. Im so scared it will go out on me totally again.  I keep trying to tell myself even if it does, SO WHAT?? you've lived through it before without pain meds, AND you gave birth to 2 children partially without pain meds for most of that time, had a C section, had a 3rd or 4th degree tear from second child and survived through all of that!!  I can get through this too. WD is a walk in the park compared to labor and all that.
How are my other recently CT buddies doing today? Greebo how are you? Newhope?  
hey girl...good post.

"i am woman hear me roar"   damn betcha you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huggs,
kim
What's this sex thing you speak of. I think I have heard of it, but not sure what it is anymore. lol
Keep on truckin girl! It will get easier and easier so just keep your eye on the prize! I noticed my back pain wasn't as bad when I got off the pills, so hopefully that will be the case with you too. It's pretty crazy how that works!

Good luck with it, and please keep us posted on your progress!
u had sex on your 2nd day of wd? way to go girl...there was no way i could have had sex on my second day....unless he wanted me on the toilet  lol  ok that was gross....but anyway the sex just gets better i never noticed it being so good till now but we waited for over a week not on the 2nd day like u guys  lol   my back is messing with me today too driving me nuts   ive been crying and all that     sux    u can get thru this sweetie   we can do anything we set our minds too    good luck and god bless
WOW!  And I thought I was tough!  No way I could have managed that one.  That has to be a WD record or something.  Hang in there darlin', you're going to be just fine.  Love and Strength to you!
LOL you guys crack me up. and you know what is ironic.....my husband says Im acting "weird" today. He asked me if I took some kind of new medicine or something. HA! I said, no actually Ive taken NO MEDICINES at all today for once! Crazy. I know that the bottom will fall out soon though. I am dreading when the massive depression hits again like last time. I hope I dont spend 10=14 days bawling my eyes out over everything again. Im sure some of you here remember that. I was a total basket case.

Im going to take some REAL motrin 800 now, I hurt so bad I cant stand it!!!!!!!!!!!  
sex?  on day 2?  with someone aside from yourself?  you are my hero, my madonna, my inspiration this evening...  :)  you sound like you've get your sense of humor - good sign!
Yes that was TMI...........But, can you elaborate.  TMM.......tell me more...lol

Nauty............
In some form the sex gives you the same rush as a pill. Lets not make a habit of this sex thing. Don't exceed 3 times a day or you maybe in the sex addiction forum. LOL

Dove
theres a sex addiction forum?  where?
Sex releases dopamine (brain's natural feel good chemical) in your brain, which is basically what opiates do.  Opiates however release a whole lot more dopamine than sex, which is why your sex drive is much lower while using them.  That is amazing that you could have sex on the 2nd day of withdrawals.  That will surely give you a boost and help you get past the next couple of days.
I just assumed there was a sex addiction forum. We could always start one.

Dove
Glad to hear that things are going pretty well for you. (Well enough to have sex is alot better than I am doing with it. You go girl! ) I am day 3 c/t myself. We are all going to make it!!!
I realized I COULD have sex when I was going through early withdrawal too. I had been numbed by pain med.'s for so long I didn't ever expect that to happen so quickly!lol yah, my hubby was happy to have me back!