Tramadol use/addiction
Hello! I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis in 2008. It's under control now (and has been for 2 years), but I continue to use Tramadol to help keep those last symptoms at bay. I typically take 2 50mg pills each morning (for approx. 3 years). I don't need any more than that. That dose completely controls my symptoms. I've been reading about Tramadol addiction online and am troubled. I know that the dose I'm taking is low-ish and that I'm not abusing it, but I'd like to try to taper down and eventually quit. Has anyone experienced bad withdrawal symptoms from a low dose like this?

Thank you!
Withdrawal varies a lot from person to person, but given the low dose, you'll probably get out a little easier than I did - however, you have been taking them for quite a while.  It will be uncomfortable, there's no doubt about that - but if you do have the discipline to wean off of them that is your best route.

Tramadol is the worst - at least it was for me.  But TOTALLY doable to get off of them and live a normal life.  Good luck to you!  And congrats for wanting to quit.  Feel free to message me if you want any suggestions for getting through those early days - I'm happy to share.
Thank you for the repy! I think that I'm going to start back on the "IC Diet" (diet to help control bladder pain) and then start tapering. Right now, when I skip a dose, I just have some bladder discomfort and frequency...but it's enough to bother me. I'll probably start gradually decreasing the dose.

Anyone NOT have any side effects from discontinuing a low dose?