Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
WOW...PAWS

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

WOW...PAWS

I just want to know how others have done...I will be clean 3 weeks Wednesday....and did fantastic after about 4 days of WDs that were not that awful....then I get this dern sinus headache and have had it for almost a week...I mean i was truly feeling great...energy and all...now I am just sleeping alot and barely cruising thru the day....first day I craved strongly was today....I guess from now on out it will get better everytime I make it thru this...but today it did not pass in a minute or so....it stuck around and I had to get on here...QUICK...I was about to turn the wrong way and head to the lortab guy when I made a phone call for support...I came home...I still am battling this urge to take a pill everytime I dont feel good...it is like "I want to feel better now"!   I knew it would be the headaches or my back that would test me...I can not go have sinus surgery right now...I had it several years ago and they want to do it agian....painful and I cant take the meds right now....please..I dont want those who are just now quitting to get discouraged and I really did not want to post anything negative as I guess we all want everyone to think that you just put them down and it is over!  First step is putting them down tho...major step....and others are probably much stronger than I and will not have these days like today...but if you do....have a safety net...she is not my sponsor or anything and I have never met her...she is a friend of mines sister whom I knew battled this...she is wonderful...she saved my life today...have a safety net...I also missed my NA meeting last week...not a good idea I dont think....keep on going!  Life will with or without us
I too remember being hit at the 3 week mark. It will pass, and it does get better. Did you read up on PAWS? It is good to be armed with that truth.
Yes the PAWS stuff can scare you but its very true so be informed on it.