Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Weight Gain

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Weight Gain

4009668?1235102998
Quick question I have been on methadone for 10 months and since getting on it I have gained a lot of weight and when I was on oc's I lost weight never gained anyone else gained weight w/methadone and how to get rid of it? This weight is not good for health at all I feel awful and FAT!!!! HERE is pic and I have gained 45 lbs in 10 months before I always weighted 150 never more sometimes less!!!!
Ive been on and off methadone for years, currently been clean from methadone for almost a year. Anyways I always gained weight while I was using methadone, this last time I gained 40lbs in 6months. I also had terrible swelling that would occur in my legs and feet, which I was told was associated with methadone. I know all of my weight issues weren't totally due to methadone, alot of it was my diet and lack of excercise. I went the suboxone route this time to get off of methadone, since getting clean of sub Ive lost about 30lbs. You can always lose weight with diet and exercise, regardless of the methadone. I wish you the best of luck, take care.
I gained 30 pounds in about 6 months while on it and also experienced the swelling in my hands and feet.Since I've been off of it,almost a year now,I have lost some of the weight but not all yet.All the best..Kim