Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
back again on day 4

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

back again on day 4

Woke up this morning full of energy played with my son feed him..did the dishes n now im exausted..what now and now the mental stuff is kickin in great
OK, so you are doing great . . . you have accomplished much more that I have already today :)   You know this mental stuff I temporary.  Very hard I know, but it gets better.  Have you ever tried the L-tyrosine?  That helps me sometimes when I need a boost.  Can you get a little bit of exercise?  Even though I loathe the thought of it sometimes, getting my butt on the treadmill or even outside for a short walk can make a huge difference.

You CAN get through this.  You know how it goes.  At day 4 you are most likely past the worst of the physical stuff.  Just hang in there, look at your son and remember why you HAVE to do this.  

Hang in there . .. . . it gets better
Congrats on day 4. U can see where the mental fight begins. Once u stop being busy that disease kicks in. Stay busy. Listen to sum music. Watch a good movie with your son. If the sun is out go out n get sum vitamin d. Keep ur mind busy. Tell the disease to get over itself BC ur  not listening to it anymore. Keep posting here. We got ur back. U can do it. Your stronger than yesterday.
My saving grace has been rhodiola, holy basil, vitamin water revive, b complex to repair damage, alpha lipic acid & acetyl l-carnitine. Over kill maybe but before it walking up the stairs was difficult, now I can go to the gym and try to keep myself moving. Which helps with my mood it all plays together. If I were to suggest one it would be the rhodiola.
Hey Hunny~Glad you came back!  You know, the same thing happened to me at 28 days.  Why?  I don't know.  I'm an addict.  Some would say I let my guard down, I wasn't working my program, didn't have a sponsor, wasn't going to meetings, etc. And maybe those reasons are part of why, but the reality is we relapse long before the pills go in our mouth.  We don't realize this until we have already taken the pills.  We sub consciously are looking for an escape, then we romance the idea of 'just one' or "I can control it and take one here and there".  That's the addict talking.  If we don't tell it to get the heck out of here, it keeps whispering to us until we act on it.  I think that once you have your mind made up to do it, a sponsor or meeting won't stop you.   The only thing that is going to stop you is you.  Relapse can sometimes be part of recovery.  We learn something from it.  We forget our minimize how bad withdraw was or the insanity of chasing the high and pill until we are in it.  

I know you struggled with life after pills last time.  Give it more TIME.  That's the magic word and dirty word at the same time.   I didn't believe anybody when they told me that either.  :)    Come back and post when you are feeling rough.  We can help you get through this.