close to detox...questions
I have written a few times on here.  I have been addicted to Lortab elixer (7.5/500 per 15 ml's at a dose of about 45 ml's ever 3 hours or so) anyway, I have had quite a few surgeries and was waiting to finish my last surgery before going through detox.  I had my last surgery on may 8th and my goal is to be into the detox center by june 15th...I am going through a hospital program because through several psych evaluations, it was recomended that I do this rather than a 30 day social model program.  I am fully functioning I guess....have a family, job is OK...etc....so far the drug use has not destroyed everything....except maybe my mind sometimes.  anyway, here are my questions....has anyone been through this type of program?  Thay have told me that they montior me and "keep me comfortable"...they also said they do not use subutext...apparently this is used in the residential programs...the social model as they called it, but not in hospital detox programs....they said they will keep me 5-10 days and then I will have day therapy.  I want off so badly that I wish it was tommorow...but I am so scared of whatever I have to go through it makes me question it over and over.....Is it painful? they also said I will feel like I have the flu for about 2 weeks after the detox....How long does it take for my body to start making its own endorphines again? So I can be happy? Any advice anyone can give me would be great...I am just so nervous and dont know anyone who has been through this and the closer I get to getting clean, the more scared I get.  Thank you- M-
I haven't done the in-patient thing, but have detoxed at home many times.  Sounds like this is a great plan.  Your gonna be just fine. The worst part should be over in 5-7 days.  You will probably have lack of energy and some sleeplessness for a while after. Everyone is so different , so it's really hard to say how long.  Just remember, you will get better. It's great that your getting the help you need.  Keep us posted. Hang in there your gonna do fine.
Bringing this back to the top, and...

You asked if you can be happy?   YES, YES, YES !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you are reading many posts on here, but I would suggest you do.  I know, I know, most of the posts are from people who are not happy (quite the opposite) because most of the posts are from people who are in the early stages of detox.  But, many stick around and tell their story, and they are HAPPY, and life is good and getting better. Your life can too.

Go for that life.  

Wishing you the best.

Friend999
I am not sure how to really use this reply feature so this may go out to everyone :-) but I just wanted to thank you for your replies.  Thank you for the encouragement.  I am schedules to go for my evaluation on June 16th and they said to bring a bag and my personals so if they accept me I will just stay.  My doctor said I should be pretty pain free by then from my surgery and I am just trying to get mentally prepared now.  I am looking forwrad to getting my life back but I am also scared to death! I will read through more of the posts...I need to learn how to navigate through better and I really need to read some positive stories of success and hear about the "happiness" coming back.
Thank you again!
Mariam