dealing with withdrawals
Just tell me how to deal with the withdrawals and how long will they last. Coming off of methadone is the hardest thing  I have ever done.
I did not quit using meth and the forum is slow right now...someone will help soon...you may need to re-post in the morning
so you are coming off of it now or something else? how many miligrams? I was on it for one month at 30mgs a day and it took me 3 months to withdraw. and no i wasn't on any other meds.  it is tough.  but doable with a strong mind and even stronger will.  i have heard from a lot of people that methadone is the hardest drug to withdraw from becuase of it's half life.  I personally cannot say because it is the only thing i've ever withdrawn from so i have nothing to compare.  however i do know that my neighbor has quit heroin 4 times cold turkey and has been stuck on methadone for 10 years now.  but if you want it, you can have it.  how long have you been on it?
This is skippy again sill waiting on some advice on how to deal with the withdrawals from methadone. I know it isn't going to be easy, I was just wanting to know a few waays to make it tolerable.
Welcome to the forum..I ahve no experience w/ meth, but this will bump you up tothe top....others will be along.
Good luck and keep posting!!
I think withdrawals from different substances must all be sort of similar.  It will be tough, but you have to know that it wont last forever and you will be SO MUCH better when it is all done.  Hot baths....Try to take little brisk walks...Fluids.....Use the people who love you for support. And post, post post
Read the post  a couple below yours..."detoxing off methadone".
Go to GoingToMakeIt proffile and look up the Thomas reicpe in his journals..it has a lot of good suggestions to help w/ detox.
I think you can plan on 5-7 for the worst of it...then thing s should atart to turn around. Hot baths and a heating pad for rls(restless leg syndrome), Immodium for the runs, drink lots of fluids, OTC pain relievers for the aches and pains, bananas for rls, multivitamin...try to eat healthy...OTC sleep aids like TYlenol PM or MotrinPM(xanax or valium for the first 4-5 days if you have it).
Good luck and keep posting!!!