Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help me please. my b/f is snorting roxy pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My b/f is crushing and snorting roxy's. he will spend up to $20.00 a pill. i cant get him to quit. he says he isnt addicted but when i asked him not to do it for only 3 days he didnt last. He gets terrible mood swings. can get very angry over the smallest thing. one day he says he takes them for pain the next its just because he wants to. every morning he wakes up after snorting he is in alot of pain. his legs knees, he just hurts everywhere. i believe its because of the pills he says its not. He will also get very horny and demand sex but he is unable to stay errect and that makes him mad. i know its the pills causing these problems but he wont admitt it. can someone please help me. i dont know what to do..
well...there is not a whole lot that YOU can do...first he has to admit that he is powerless over this drug.  my guess...from what you have described...is that he is addicted.

one of the most powerful things that YOU can do is not enable him.  dont make "idle" threats...say what you mean and mean what you say.  
Lizzie Lou is right, he needs to admit he as a problem first!!! My guess is that he is addicted, sounds very much like it, however he does sound like he is in denial, just like most of us have been at one point. Once he admits this then things can only get better. Pills wasnt my doc but the pains he is experienceing are more than likely w/d.
i have researched the side effects of what he is doing to himself and i have shown him but he doesnt seem to care. I know he loves me and our daughter and i dont want to leave him i just need to figure out how to make him realise his problem. He says he is in control and could quit when he wants but like i said i asked him to give it 3 days so he could see all of the problems he is going through is because of the pills and he couldnt last through the second day.
of course he doesnt seem to care...this is the addiction speaking.  right now...there is no on more important than his ladyfriend "roxy".  dont get me wrong...he does love you and his daughter...but you are dealing with your b/f "the addict"...not your boyfriend of the past.

is he being prescribed these pills by a doctor?  you said he is paying upwards $20.00 a pill, right?  so he must be buying them off the street?  is this the person that you knew or is this a sign of someone who is addicted?
I have to agree with everyone else that has already replied. Think of it this way, would a normal person, meaning not an addict, spend $20 for a pill off of the street? The answer is no. If his pain is that bad he would be seeing a doctor to get help. Honestly honey if he won't admit his problem then there's nothing you can do except make a decision to either stay with him, just like he is, or leave. It's a tough situation and I understand that but you must act in the best interest of you and your child. I would sit down and have a honest conversation with him and see how he reacts. Keep posting sweetie!! You will find alot of love and support on this forum I know I have and it has helped me tremendously!!
You need help. Not help to help him, you need help for yourself. You need to figure out why you want to 'fix' him. You and your daughter will be fine. You are a smart woman and are kind. Two admirable qualities, they will get you through. He is not ready. You are, he is not. There is absolutely nothing you can do for him right now. You need to look to yourself. Do it for you and your daughter. Would you have your daughter around someone like me? Nope. I wouldn't have my daughter around him. But we do. Take a step back and re-read your post...Take a good look and be honest. You can not help someone by stepping into the darkness with them, stay in the light and let them come to you.
Good Luck, keep posting we're here for you,
newgirl
newgirl couldnt have said it any better. that last line sums everything up
Thank you all for giving me advice. you are all right. i know i cant help him he has to do it for himself. i have sat down and talked with him. i work a full time i dont have much time to spare between work and my daughter for him. so my 2 days off a week we actually get time together. while talking to him the only reply i got was that if it really bothers me that bad he will not snort them on my days off. to me yes that is a big step. but at the same time not good enough. when i told him if he didnt get help i would leave, he told me i was wrong for saying that to him. if i really loved him i would accept him for who he is. leaving me feeling guilty like i did something wrong. we dont live together so him being around our daughter like that does not happen. he knows to not bring that to my house i will not lose my daughter for his doing. if i know he has it and is planning on doing it i will make plans for me and my daughter to do somethin just the two of us. she doesnt need to see him like that.    
      yes he just buys them off the street. and no its not the man i knew before. that was one of the reasons i fell in love with him. both of our dads were alcoholics. he never did any type of drug. i myself smoked dope when i was around 17. but my b/f use to pride himself on the fact that he never did anything.
I have just started to take my first Roxxy this morning and now I realise that I have a problem. I have been taking Perks for about 6 months , about 2 to 3 a day , they were from my doctor but I ran out so someone
gave me a Roxxy , me not realising just how bad they are. Is it true that 1 Roxxy is like taking 3 ,10s  perks.
I am a pro fighter and dont want to loose everything I have worked so hard for.
Hopefully the first will also be your last...it's amazing how much it changes your judgment and character.  I wish you well.  The sooner you stop, the less you've taken, then the easier it will be.
Always keep your gaurd up.  Since he is truley addicted he will do it everyday. Even on the days you hang out. When you are on a drug like this you have to take it daily or you will withdraw like crazy.  Imagine having the worst flu you've ever had thats how he will feel.  The longer he uses the harder it will be. Just stay on your toes and dont accept anything but quitting. Addicts will lie cheat steal and tellyou what they think you want to hear.  Good luck..
i also have the EXACT same problem with my boyfriend (who is also my daughters father) he will do anythng to get the money for these pills and i feel like it is tearing us apart...he wont listen i dont know how to help him...i was even considering baker acting him....
i am a percocet addict. i eat  or snort 3 to 4 roxys a day. i have stopped them before and i belive the only way is cold turkey. i eat oxys,perk10s,vicodin and whatever i could find if roxys arent avaliable to me. My girlfriend has broken up with me because of these small, life controlling pills. I just dont know what to do anymore.i have gotten so bad  with them i need them to work,to even go to the store and deal with everyday life. im not in denial. i Know i am an addict. i dont know what to do anymore. i find myself being able to go for certain periods of time without them with a strong will power and i still do have my morals which baraccade the line of what ill do for a roxy. Im 18 years old goin nowhere fast.if anyone has any comments please...
I know what your going through cuz im in the same boat as you when it comes to these pills. I need them for work and everyday life. I want to stop but there is noone in my life that can help me. Ive changed when comes to my attitude and i feel worse everyday. I can't sleep and eating is another problem. Ive lost my girlfriend and lots of friends over this little pill. My relationship now is the roxy. Sad huh? I'm here for you and i wish we could stop cold turkey together and beat this addiction once and for all.
I hear all of you folks telling me that you need these various flavors of pills to live, to work, and even to go to the store or out of the house. And I dont cast aspersions. I am one of you. BUT I found med help 2 years ago. In that time I have quit doing the pills. I have withdrawn and had PAWS .... I have relapsed and gotten back up again. Today I am happy with my family and friends.....I dont plan vacations around the number of days pills that I have available......I used both methadone and sub ... I finally found that the problem needed my committed involvement to resolve......And I did it cold turkey that time....You can do it and it can be done. I started doing opiates (China white) in 1969 during Vietnam .... so dont even start to whine about length of use .... Just concentrate on finding a life again...the keys are available.......
Zakky meet Gyver, Gyver meet Zakky,
  You two are in the same boat. You have everything in common. You say you want to quit but need support. I see alot of people here get clean from just this forum.  You two, start sending messages and P.M.ing each other. You two are now each other support.Talk openly about it, your fears and worries, set your clean date together and start the clean day togther. Share your withdraweles with each other, it REALLY helps. Add up the clean days togther. But you have to be open and honest with each other. Also, aftercare is important, go to an NA meeting, both of you. Hang alot here and post when things get real bad.
Wishing you the very best of luck, your too young to keep doing this to yourselves.
-Dez
I love your thoughts and comments on what to do. Thank you for that. I want all of you that have read my thoughts to know a few things. I feel i'm addicted but i love the feeling it gives me because i work better on them and people say im very outgoing also,even though they don't know i'm on them. Is that bad that i say that these pills are making my life better? My question to all of you is as long as i dont do more than 2 a day why cant i just make it part of my life? Cuz i know what's going to happen when i do go off of them........ill pick up drinking heavy again and my life will be depressing and boring. Who can answer these questions? Please all of you don't hate someone like me that just speaks the truth.
hi.......it's me again(gyver). I feel like i spend all day all night on this computer reading peoples problems that relate to mine. Is that a problem i have or what? I would love to talk to someone that is just like me. I guess has no life and wishes to talk about their problems and try to help other people problems. I just did a profile and saw that alot of people are in this program which is unbelievable in my eyes. I never knew that so many people had this problem like me. So please someone out there please contact me so i can talk to you. Ill be eager and waiting till then.,.....................
Nobody here is going to tell you to take them so you don't drink. We will also give you any support you need and not judge, but you need to find out why you said your life is depressing and boring sober? This post started almost a year ago. You can post your own question and im sure you will get a lot more feedback. On the main forum you will se post a question and you can make your own. Good luck, great place for support
This is a comment going out to anyone that has or is addicted to roxys. i know that many of you are or have taken more than i have in a day but im in the same boat as you when it comes to getting off these damn pills!!!!!!! Im taking (4) a day and i want off them but my withdrawals are really bad!!! Instead of the flu symptons or the pains in my back im having something entirely different. Im having bad bad dreams and no sleep at all when i dont take these pills. My dreams are nightmares and im sleeping an average of 4 hours a day. So i go back to them so i can sleep. This is a horrible thing and i need help and support. Please is there anyone out there??????? My name is Gyver. 911
I hope you get some more support gyver and there are some here addicted to roxy's. Most of us here went through having bad dreams, scary dreams and your lack of sleep is normal when w/ding. I have told you that i think coming off 4 is doable, you just have to make it far enough to see the positive changes. I hope somone responds back to you as they know more about pills than me. You can do this. What is the longest you have stayed off of them?
P.S. Like it told you in your pm, posting your own question on here will get a lot more feedback. This post was started almost a year ago and chances are it will get overlooked. We are all here to support you. Good luck.
I know about what you girls are going through. I myself live with my b/f who is not only a roxy addict, but a methadone/xanax addict as well. He snorts and takes these pills in combinations, which I know is dangerous. We have many talks, but that is the problem. It is all talk and no change/actions. I feel I am in the right place to discuss this and have people who understand. He states he can't work unless he has his supply. He also sayd I will never understand what it feels like to go through withdrawls. He is right. I won't ever know, but I have told him that I am here for him if he wants to quit. Just waiting....not wasting time.
I started this week off with trying to get off roxys and sending my x-girlfriend out with them because both were bad news. Well my feelings have gotten worse because i miss my x because even though she and i werent dating she was very supportive of me. Now im going thru the worse time ive ever had and depression is coming and i dont know what to do for myself??? i wish that this program was here where i live in person because at least i would have some people to hang out with so i could get thru these horrible times. Please someone out there help me because this is not what i wanted and without the pills im a wounded target that is in trouble as time goes by.............................................911
ROXYS!! WHAT A DANGEROUS WORD!! WHAT A HORRIBLE ADDICTION! I HAVE A FEW STORIES I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU. IT IS EMBARRASSING BUT IT IS PART OF THE ROXY WORLD. I KNOW BECAUSE I AM LIVING IT FROM THE OTHER END. I HAVE 2 BOYS, ACTUALLY THEY ARE YOUNG MEN NOW. JASON IS 28. HE IS SMART, GOOD LOOKING, GPA 3.91, HARD WORKING AND CARING! JUSTIN IS 24, SAME QUALITIES A BIT SOFTER THAN JASON.
JUSTIN GOT HOOKED ON PAIN PILLS AFTER HE BROKE HIS BACK. HE WAS DRINKING AND THOUGHT HE WAS SPIDERMAN. JUMPED FROM A 3 STORY STAIRWAY TO A 2 STORY BALCONY! SINCE THEN HE HAS BEEN CHASING THAT HIGH. HE IS ONE OF THE KINDESS AND THOUGHTFUL PERSON YOU COULD KNOW. HE IS LIVING 2 LIVES AND FIGHTING WITH THE 2. JUSTIN HATES THE ADDICT BUT HE CAN NOT GET RID OF HIM. THE ADDICT IS HATEFUL ANGRY, EVIL, SAD AND FULL OF RAGE. HE HAS BEEN ARRESTED FOR BREAKING INTO CARS, FUNNY THING WAS IT WASNT THEFT, IT WAS ANGER JUST SMASHING WINDOWS. HE HAS BEEN IN FIGHTS AND HAS BECOME A THIEF. HE HAS BLACKOUTS, KNOW HE DID SOMETHING WRONG BUT CANT REMEMBER. THE OTHERSIDE, JUSTIN WOULD NEVER DO THESE THINGS. HIS BEHAVIOR IS SO EXTREME. HE HAS BEEN HOSPITALIZED FOR BROKEN BONES AND HAD SURGERY ON HIS HAND 5 TIMES. HIS ADDICTION STARTED BY EATING THE PILLS, THEN SNORTING, SMASHING UP IN WATER AND DRINKING THEM AND NOW SHOOTING UP. JUSTIN IS LOOSING THE BATTLE, HE CAN NOT KEEP A JOB, HE CAN NOT KEEP A GIRLFRIEND, HE CAN NOT KEEP A CAR, HE HAS TICKETS OUT THE BUTT! HE HAS TREMORS EVERY DAY. HE IS FIGHTING THE DEMON AND STRUGGLES EVERYDAY! I HAD HIM BAKER ACTED A FEW WEEKS AGO AND THEN HAD A MARCHMANS ACT AS WELL. IT GOT HIM OFF THE STREET FOR A WEEK. DURING HIS TIME THERE HE WAS REMORSEFUL, AND APOLOGETIC. JUSTIN WAS COMING BACK OUT. HE FACED WITHDRAWALS AND THANKED ME FOR PUTTING HIM IN. HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS GLAD BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO BE DEAD OR IN PRISON AND HE COULD NOT GET THE MONKEY OFF HIS BACK BY HIMSELF. HE IS NOW BACK AT HOME AND BACK TO USING! NOT SURPRISED. SO WE WILL BE GOING BACK TO COURT AND GETTING ANOTHER COURT ORDER!
NOW IF THATS NOT BAD...HIS BROTHER, JASON WAS DATING A GIRL WHO TOOK ROXY'S. HE HATED THE PILLS AND DESPERATELY TRIED TO GET HER OFF THEM, WELL HE GOT SUCKED IN. IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM. HE IS NOW FACING 3 LIFE SENTENCES! HE WAS INVOLVED IN A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD OVER ROXYS. HE WAS SNORTING THEM. JASON WAS SHITTING PURE BLOOD, LOST 60 LBS AND WHEN ARRESTED, THEY THOUGHT HE WAS DYING. HE HAD TO BE PUT IN ICU FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS. HE WAS ON THEM SO BAD. THIS HAS DESTROYED OUT RELATIONSHIP. MY SONS HAVE BEEN MASKED BY THE DEMON THAT CONTROLS THESE PILLS! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FIGHTING YOUR ADDICTION I AM PRAYING FOR YOU! PRAY FOR YOURSELF. PLEASE GET HELP! FIND NA MEETINGS! YEA, I KNOW EASIER SAID THAN DONE! IF LOVED ONES OUT THERE CAN GET A MARCHMANS ACT, DO IT! THE PERSON BEHIND THE ADDICT WILL BE FOREVER GREATFUL! WE HAVE LOST SEVERAL KIDS IN OUR SMALL TOWN BECAUSE OF THIS EVIL DRUG! THE LATEST HAD A HEAD ON COLLISION AND DIED! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!! PLEASE DON'T LET THE ADDICT WIN!!
can any one tell me the signs of some one snorting roxicodone,Some one said there b/f does this and said some thing about the knees hurting,no sex and bad dreams..Please if any one can help me talk to me my email is ***@****!!
I started talking to a guy and not even a week, I saw signs of anger and rage.  I found his crushed powder and asked what it was and he was open about it and he would sweat and very moody with everyone.  He even stole from his friends and would lie.  Roxy's imo is like synthetic heroin and if it's bought on the street, you could easily die.  He doesn't want to stop doing the drug, so, therefore, I got myself out of the situation and said peace off.  He would lie and his friends would even say he is crazy.  It's definitely the drugs and people won't change, but they can change their habits.  If anyone is on this drug, stop!  It won't hurt the user half as much as the ones who care.  I just couldn't believe I was already in argument with a guy I just met less than a week and I'm a pretty easy going person.  As far as side effects, sweating, vomiting, clamor, and erectile dysfunction are pretty prevalent.  Don't need to be with a guy with a drug habit yet alone a limp ****!  
I'm not addicted but i did do roxys  with a girl 2 days in a roll. A 30 each day and about 30 2mg bars of xanax . But I'm really a healthy kid and just made wrong decisions and now just trying to get it all out of my system , By drinking a lot of water and working out harder then ever . So please some one tell me how long will it take for me to be clean?
Wow, 20 bars?!?!?! I would be comotosed. To answer your question about all that coming our of your system is this: Usually Roxy's take about 3-5 days. But, then again with all that Xanax taken I am unsure how long that would take. Be smart like you say you are and drop that **** quick and drop the chick too!!! Sounds like nothing but a trap, both her and the drugs!!!
oh boy.. my boyfriend use to be addicted to these evil pills. He quit about a year ago, and says he is clean. i am not completely sure tho... is back pain caused by roxys? sleepness? any other signs that i should be looking out for? please help...
and when roxies are snored in a bow, does it leave black shunks??
I've just started dating this girl. She is beautiful, smart, has her life together and is madly in love with me too. We've been together 2 months. I found a bottle of roxies that I know she is taking. I haven't confronted her about it becuase I wanted to get my facts straight before I talk to her about it. I've been taking more notice of the times she dissapears to the bathroom and her weird mood swings. She can't sleep at night, and blames it on her job. She lies to me all the time too and I don't confront her becasue i don't want a fight. I don't get upset about the mood swings because I know two seconds later she will be fine and all lovie to me. Did I fall in love with the addict? And if I did do I realy want her to quit? What if when she comes clean she doesn't want anything to do to me? Does anyone have advise on how I can help her and how I can talk to her with out htis ending badly?
hey I deal with this crap too. I have 2 biological children and 1 child by a previous jerk that my boyfriend takes care of. He is a great father. He is addicted to these stupid pills. They cost so much. Just like everyone has been saying. They will lie, steal, do whatever it takes to get those pills. Honestly I think what the real problem is is all the doctors that are passing these pills out like candy. It is major b/s. They are highly inteligent people who know these pills are addictive and that the same people will continue to come back for them, either because they are addicted or because they can sell a bottle to pay their whole months rent. I think something really needs to be done. Doctors are like legal drug dealers. Anyways, if your boyfriend is telling you he will do them when your not around he is definetly not ready to quit. Mine has told me crap like i only do them sometimes. One time I busted him and he said he thought I would be happy because he planned on sharing them with me, which I do not even do any drugs and he knows it. He will try to make you feel guilty. He knows he is wrong and will try to make you feel like crap because he doesnt want to be alone. My man will stay sober for a few months and then do it again. I take every penny he makes. He works his but off but I check his check stub and then make him fork up every penny. When I don't he gets high. It is pathetic. He keeps wanting to get married. We have 3 kids and have been toghether for 5 years of course I want to marry him, but not until he is sober, and I am coming to the conclusion that it will never happen. Don't let him suck you in, either he stops or he is not worth it. I know exactly what it feels like I promise. Ihave lived it over and over. It will only get worse. And he is already making you feel guilty. Read a book called co dependent no more. Seriously, do it. Go to the library as soon as you read this and go get that book. It will help a lot. A lot of the feelings in this book will relate to what is going on in your life. I have went to a pshycologist and they told me to read it. It helps. But it only helps, if he wont quit get out. It hurts, but you will be okay, sounds like your really self sofficient. See I have 3 kids with him, I am so afraid to leave because i love him and i am afraid with out me he will get worse, but in the process of trying to fix him I have given up my family, fvriends, moved to a new state, been embarrassed acted like a fool, made my kids cry, right now I have a black eye because we fight we both get physical and i got the worst of it this time. He does the same thing with sex demands and then cant perform. It will make him and eventually you crazy. Get away before you give up
my boyfriend also has problems with roxies. i found out how bad it was after 6 months of being together. he was taking 6 a day. i tried explaining to him that these small little pills can feel good for the moment but they can ruin everything in your life. he got hooked on them when he was in high school and had no one to help him get off of them, until i came along. i got him to admit to his parents that he was taking them. he realized how disappointed they were with him. one good thing about him is that he actually wants to quit. the problem is his friends. they all do it. therefore it is very tempting for him. he has changed his number and has tried to not associate with any of them, but one of them works with him. he was off of them for two months and i was so proud, and then his so called 'friend' offered them to him and he got started back on them. i asked him to quit and he says he has, but i dont believe him this time....and even if he did, who says he wont do it again?
i hate that this drug is so easy to get. i hate that people are ruinning thier lives and others over it. i wish that people with this addiction would just sit down and write a list of everything they have lost due to this.(girlfriends, wives, jobs, homes, cars) everything you have worked for is now being flushed down the toilet. every dime you have is going towards something that is taking your life away. why would you wanna do that to yourself?
say you are in the same situation as my boyfriend. you take 6 pills a day.....thats $72 or more a day, $504 a week, $2,016 a month, $24,192 a year. now think about the things you wanted to buy that year. maybe you wanted a tv, or maybe a car, or put down money for a house, maybe you wanted to go to a football game, or take your family out, or go on vacation, explore the world, or even just save the money. thats a lot of money gone....and what do you have to show for it....your over-used straw, the disappointment you have in yourself, the pain you still feel even though you just took one. or maybe your addiction? fight back. control it, dont let it control you. read this everyday if you have to.
I just found out my soon to be 21 year old daughter with a child is extremely addicted to snorting these. I am trying to get an appt set up with a counselor to find out my best course of action. I know she will use denial. She's an adult but I am extremely concerned for her and my grandsons life! Any good advice while I wait?
I was with my ex for a little over a year and he was hiding his habit from me the whole time, the reason we broke up was because it got to the point where he never wanted to do anything and he would lie to me abou the stupidest things. He would go in the bathroom and snort roxies for the whole time i was with him. when i met him he even went as far as telling me he just quit by taking suboxen so i just figured he quit, had no idea how bad these things really were. A day after i broke up with him he was arrested with a felonys worth of xanex and i was shocked. he admitted all his problems to his parents and went to rehab because he was at rock bottom. Now he is in rehab havent talked to hm in 2 months and i received a phone call from him in rehab. and he told me everything even though he already knew that i knew. He wants to know if i want to come see him there and talk about everything and maybe work it out. My question is should i even bother with him. i want to support him im happy he is getting help. the only problems we ever had were those of him lieing to me then acting like it was no big deal, and he would get loud with me when we would fight over me catching him in a lie. but other then him not wating to do anything and lieing. we had a pretty good relationship. i just feel like i completly missed out on the guy he was before. which i can tell he had very high potential to be a wonderful person. SORRY SO LONG BUT PLEASE READ I NEED HELP=(
If he is staying clean for himself and himself alone his treatment could possibly be working. If he gets out, and starts attending NA meetings and/or aftercare, ON HIS OWN - because he wants to, not because someone is demanding he goes, his treatment could possibly be working. If he wants to change, is changed, gets a sponsor, works the aftercare program he chooses; his treatment could possibly be working.

When my son got out of his 5th treatment center I knew in my heart that something happened, something had come over him. A spark of the devine had taken hold. My son has been clean for 7 years now, lives a decent useful life.

You KNOW if a loved one is changing... changing for themselves, because THEY'RE done using. The same thing has happened for me. I'm done using, one day at a time, also.

Release him to be who he is when he gets out. Observe, but never demand anything. Stay completely out of his recovery program. Just watch him. It's all up to him. You'll know.
I just recently split up with my boyfriend because of the Roxy. He claimed he was only snorting one to two pills a day until I gave him the option of getting help or getting out of my house. Then I came to find out that he was spending 100's of dollars each week to support his habit. I basically was supporting him and he was working to support his habit. He says he wants help but he just can't seem to go through with it. Claims he can't afford the dr. etc.. one excuse after the other.. I really love this man and its really hard for me to not be able to help him. I do talk to him most evry day still because I do want him to know he has my support but should I not talk to him at all or do I continue to see him every now and then. I cry all the time because we have been together for a 1 1/2 and it hurts me and it hurts to see him hurt........Please advise on what I should do? I know he has to help himself first but its hard to just wait until he decides to change his life...
i have been addicted to these pills for a lil over  months now but before that i was addicted to them for a year..i went thrw a bad withdrwl and swore i wouldnt do them again cuz the withdrawl (withdrawal) was soo bad..but a couple months after i was doing them again now the problems it caused me..i lie steal and lost jobs do to this drug and my man been by my side even though he probly had enough of my lieing to him to get money to get wat i want..tomorow i am going to rehab for a year to get help n i hope this helps..i really want to get off these pills i just dnt want to go threw the withdrawl (withdrawal)..but if i want it bad nough i will go throgh with it..so wish me lock on gettn clean n stayn clean...
Please everyone...take a look at this video. It is called "The Oxycontin Express" it is by a documentary show called Vanguard which is shown on Current TV. The video is about 45 min long via Hulu.com and will defiantly give you a whole new perspective into this matter. It is most defiantly the absolute best and most researched documentary on this subject and I promise it is absolutely worth your time to watch it. If you yourself is addicted or know someone who is affected or would just like to know more about it please watch you will not be disappointed.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/100279/vanguard-the-oxycontin-express
Just another few things to add to my previous comment about the video. After you do watch it please let me know what you thought of it. I know after watching it myself i was absolutely blown away by its content. Also I found myself now being addicted to Vanguard! It is such an amazing program and I am working my way through all the episodes that Hulu.com has for it. The content areas that they cover range from the very obvious to the most shocking and revealing. If you do like "The Oxycontin Express" you will defiantly like all of the other programs that Vanguard has put out I have not been disappointed by any of them even subjects that I felt I had no interest in I found to be very interesting to watch just because of the way that Vanguard has presented it. If you do have some free time watch some of them you will learn a lot.
im addicted to roxy's after about 2 months of taking up to 10 pills in a week. i can say this addiction is not one of mixed priorities or even addiction to being high so much as a need to be comfortable. i have schizophrenia and i play a computer game with my sister..i in fact cant seem to play with her unless ive taken a roxy which clears up my schizophrenic feelings..i dont think anyone who hasnt gotten high or been addicted to this drug can say anything about your boyfriend/husband as they have no idea what being addicted to a drug is about..regardless what theyve read or saw on tv. I can assure you that your daughter and yourself are his first priorities, but i believe perhaps being a parent now has him with considerable anxiety..particularly if hes done drugs in the past. you need to take care of yourself and your daughter, but dont give up on him...thats a difficult thing perhaps or could become that but im sure hes worth it.   i believe he takes the drug because it makes him very perfectly comfortable with everything..almost like having perfect faith in god..it just removes the pain and makes you feel better... i believe the first step is that he needs to understand that he WILL be able to be competely high and satisfied with nothing but the love for the two of you...if he was a drug user in the past i think perhaps that love is something hes afraid of...as if maybe hes not good enough for it anymore because perhaps he hurt that kind of love in the beginning by taking drugs. im sure it was some kind of stress anxiety or even a believed harmless journey into space if you will..believing it wouldnt hurt anyone at the time. either way..once youve been high and had a good experience, you may not know, but subciounsly are affected by the fact that when your high like that, you become a guru of forgiveness and love and understanding, being able to forgive many things and understand many things and just generaly find a warming comfort..particularly about family affairs. its as if the drugs can get you over anything thats happened in a family and make you feel "jesus" better. like everyones forgiven and you can see the good in everyone and your thankful for your family again. perhaps his family, not being his daughter or you...perhaps even issues about himself were resolved this way.   as i was saying the first step is going to have to be his understanding that he can find these things without drugs..and even if he cant find them quite the same things will be forgiven because he will be with the family..not distanced by his suit of thorns which is his addiction to the comfort and understanding hes probably found with drugs. i believe perhaps subconciously "his pride might fight this fact" he is afraid of being in a family setting without the drug...he needs to understand he can not only be satisfied but can find the understanding and wholesome true love of his woman and daughter without the drugs. he also has to believe that he can be satisfied with life without the drug..that is a very difficult thing as once youve had that high, (you have to have been high, and have had an enjoyable enchanting experience with high as some people get completely different dissatisfying or even scary experiences) once youve been accustomed to that forgiving understanding high, its hard to believe that life will ever be as good again. i can say for a fact that i just recently experienced a moment where i was being soberly sociable with my sister and her boyfriend, and i felt fine, there will still good vibes and good feelings, not in a dimmed sober way but a very alive and satisfying way. i think the trick is he subconciously cant see or believe that things can feel as alive..and once youve been so alive..it feels damp dim fuzzy lighted and depressing without. he has to believe that there are things out there he can enjoy, and he has to read it from someone who knows that its impossible to "see the energy or the light" of what those things will really be once hes sober again. great delicious hot dogs with topings from the grill, an interesting show on animal planet, his beautiful daughter and lady, making his lady happy and watching movies with his lady...he has to understand that you can be completely sober and have those thrills and bright joys of the heart. as far as being comfortable and confident..he will have to understand that it will take a little while (with faith that things will get good) before he becomes confident sober..when he gets there hell be a new man.  dont give up on him hes subconciously stuck to the drug because its what keeps him warm to his family..without it his chemical mood is too depressed and in a sense altered for him to feel the propper feelings and confidence for his family. I know he loves and values both of you more than anything and would lose his whole soul for you.    stay with him and have faith...faith is like a magnet that pulls things out of the darkness with lights youve never seen before.
you guys are crazy about this staying clean for yourself...if you could keep the oxy use down and maintain your tolerance and had the money for it....its amazing to be on it....but i can say after being addicted and being sober...life can be just as amazing without it..for some people...burn victims or maybe people whove been castrated etc..this drug i think should be perscribed because it can make them feel better and perhaps not even remotely suicidal.....but when your a healthy individual or even if you get out of control...it is definatly a dour course of destruction wreckage sickness impovershed (bad spelling) bad feeling generaly all negetive (with more energy to that word than whats gotten from simply reading it) deal.     many people whove been high and many who havent dont know how high you can really get without drugs. well some who dont get high cant see a point to getting high to them its just getting fuzzy or stupid. but for the people who become gurus of love comfort and good things.....people who feel clean on the dope, will not be able to get a glimpse of sober reality as anything other than a complete empty void depressing meaningless existence empty of all feeling.   they cant understand this until theyve been forced sober and actual had an experience where they felt clean and high and happy( happy as a term with a higher but more perfect definition than what your reading). its just impossible to see what the sober reality they see can actualy turn into. for those who can have loved ones and have enjoyed tv or a sport or grilling or riding a vehicle or any hobby...those things will one day jump out with bright colors and feelings and have you completely vibing with satisfaction and appreciation of being free of any need of drug and yet being so happy. the next problem is..drugs are awesome..when theyre not hurting your money..or anyones feelings..and its too easy to think you can have those drugs again in a clean manner without any negetive collision....then its hard not to its like being addicted to sex almost..its just really good clean feelings when your on the drug and usually if your not currently deep into the addiction it feels like the first few times will be scotch free clean and enjoyable all around....but once you go there your easily back into addiction and in fact still addicted because you wanted to go back. at this point i dont know what to say..its really hard..you have to find your loved ones and find and remember their pain and almost hurting insultedness from you doing the drug. again its really hard they dont not care about you its just like animalistic..requires discipline..after that good grill burger or tv show youll always want that pill to make it even better..more relaxing. ide say see a therapist because your goign to end up dirty self ashamed and self feeling dirty and your going to drag people down into a darker world again and your going to lose yourself. its so hard because people know it but the magnetic force is just too strong. im not sure how to beat that much temptation..love your family and get a job that drug tests...or find something your better at without the drug..which sometimes people find themselves better at things on drugs..i know for a fact my poetic romance poems were so much more filled with strength and lionistic  impressive romance than the crazy colors or slouched tossing out of feelings it would become with drugs...though even the crazy colors and tossed out  feelings can be warm and impressive your still under the affect of the drug and its demands and seperations..you have to understand in the end your hurting people and yourself. so try not to relapse. god its just so hard its not evil in the people necessarily they even dont want to. but its so hard to clear your mind of the thought that "the first few times will be clean and after ill have to stop but "quielty to yourself" i dont know if i will stop. find something you really enjoy that requires your money i guess...save dogs or save for your kids college and even some kind of program like a dancing class or a hobby of theirs....i think if youve been on drugs a long time though..you may also be aware of who you are now off the drugs..and how much more powerful and satisfying you are. so take pride in that.
I was just told today that my son may be snorting roxies he stays with his girlfriend so I do not see this happening  his girlfriends mom called this morning to tell me that her daughter told her this when he and she were not getting along last weekend she said that she doesn't do them but I  think that she probably does them to what signs can I look for I do not know how to address this   Please ant advise would be great
everyday i go thru the same issue its so hard to breathe or live i do roxy 30s as well. i do up to 90mg a day i lost my friends and family. its so hard but monday im getting help hope suboxin works.
I myself have dealt with someones addiction. Someone in my family was addicted to Crack Cocaine. From my personal experience anyone struggling with an addiction needs to be in detox. This person in my family was so addicted and out of it they stole my credit card and went and bought hundreds of dollars of things. I had them arrested. They got out of jail and was clean about a week then went out and got high on crack again I had them baker acted for 2 days they ended up getting out and going back to jail and spent I believe 2 to 3 months in there and Have been clean for 3 years now. It takes alot of strength for someone to quit a drug of any kind. I have friends that shoot up roxy's everyday You cant stop it the withdrawls are too painful for your body you get so sick from not taking them that you have to take them so you dont feel that way. My soultion to the roxy addiction Is Its gona take someone getting into a rehab where you cannot access the drug or jail. If you dont stop now your gona end up in jail where your gona have to stop. Dont let A drug ruin your life. Ive seen it happen and it ***** you will never have anything or be able to get anything with a record like that!
Hi Jenn,

This post is over two years old and most of the members you are talking to are no longer here. You will need to start your own post if you have questions about addiction. I wish you the best.
my boyfriend of 2 yrs started doin them a couple mo b4 we got together hes been to rehab but he sells them and makes good money so if he has them he does them! if your and addict like him and i both are its not good for him to have access to them, but i know thats hard to say bc there either a phone call away..or just cuz hes prescribed to them they make me sick if i dont have them well they did but im clean off them and he still does and sells them thats why currently were not together! he needs rehab or you need to leave him bc it just turns in to pure hell! just trying to help ive delt with addiction with myself and him & the boyfriend before that!
My 28 year old Brother just committed suicide and was an addict,I myself am a recovered crack addict,therefore we related to eachother very well,the only thing I can tell you is you have to get tired of living the horrible lifestyle that goes with the use of any drug,and decide that your life is worth much more than throwing it away on pills,because basically,that is exactly what youu're doing,it is not easy to give it up,trust me, I know,I am 48 years old and I gave it up 2 years ago,and believe me,when you make up your mind to quit,you will start to enjoy life and realize that no high is worth controlling or taking a life.I moved 1200 miles away,and it was worth it,do whatever you have to do to quit,you will Love yourself and so will your Family for making the Best decision in your Life.Good Luck on your journey.
Well sweet heart I am going through the same thing. My fiancee is snorting them as well. But let me start from the begining for you. When I first met him he was so high on them and other pills as well; we had a good time swimming and talking and this and that, but the night was coming to an end and nothing came of it again. Now a few days later I called him to see if he could get some green for me and my friends cause I dont do the pain pill thing, he then said yes so that was the 2nd time I had ever seen him before in my life, he stayed smoked with us and then ate bbq with us then he had to get home to go to work the next morning. Well another few days go by and I asked him to get me some more green and so he did and we smoked and that was the last time I seen him for about 3 days or so, The next time I had seen him I was admitted into the hospital for a really bad kidney infection and a miscarriage that I didnt know I was pregnant and had to have a DNC done so I was there for a week, well this man hates hospitals and wont even go see his momma if she is admitted its that bad. However and anyways he hadnt had a roxy since the 2nd time he had met me; now he came and seen me in the hospital everyday after he got off from work and didnt even really know me from a pigs *** and yet he brought me roses and all. No it was his baby either and we were not dating at this point. Now the day I get discharged from the hospital he is there and im talking to him about how I heard he liked me and all and he is the SHY type and so I took it into my own hands and made the first move and kissed him then 10 minutes later my nurse was coming in and discharged me and he brings me home, well for the next 3 days has been all kissy kissy and lovey dovethen he asked me if I wanted to make it official I said YES, so then that is when we started dating and he still hadnt done a roxy since the last time as stated above. He told all of his drug dealers to forget about him and to not contact him that he was done with the ******** and that he now had something to live for; and I was no of the less impressed cause I never once asked him to quit. He quit all on his own and he was a heaveyyyy user of roxy 30's about 4-6 a day at 30.00 - 35.00 a pill. Anyways I get pregnant again but with his baby and she is now 16 months old but we had quit EVERYTHING a week after we made it official; no pills weed no nothing. Our daughter was born as healthy as can be. Now this past Jan. 2012 he had 1 roxy at work from his boss, and started up all over again from there; he did a few while he still worked there since then he quit that job after being there for 7 years and started driving taxi well now the money was easy and so was the drugs as he tried to hide it from me. Well he was using all the time again and was not paying the bills nor buying diapers for our daughter and I also have a 7 year old as well and he wasnt providing for no one but himself and his drug habbit for the past 8 months; now we are 3,000.00 behind in rent 2 months behind in my power bill, he is fixing to lose his car, and the stuff he has in the pawn shop, my diamond ring, he stole 3 of my pay checks and tried to lie that he didnt get them then I called the boss man myself cause I worked from home as dispatcher for the company he was driving for, and he took 750.00 and blew it all on roxys; and he has a title loan out on his car as well and 7 worthless charges hanging over his head that he has to go to court for next month and he will serve a at the least a 5 year sentence for; He is fine while on the roxys but when he starts to come down then he gets moody and it is starting to get violent. This is everything that you will have to look forward to if you dont listen to me and get your b/f off this **** and do it the way I tell you too. My ole man has taken my kids over to his drug dealer's house with him buying and doing the roxy then driving around with them in the car needless to say he left my kids in the car with it running to go in and buy and do the roxy ( I was at work ) he had no care in the world for nothing but getting his next fix. He had just came from the pawn shop and pawning his PS3 and all of his games and stuff and went to his drug dealer with my kids then drove around for an hour before coming to bring me the car. So I had a way home and he took a 18 mile taxi ride home with the kids. So then his drug habbit got worse and worse, and he came home in the taxi he had been driving that night cause I had the car and he doesnt get off work till 5am and well he was fixing to leave and go to work and he had to fix something on the van cause it was over heating and he took our youngest daughter out to the van with him to let her play so I come out too to make sure she doesnt get hurt; Im sitting in the back seat and I see a cigarette pack tucked under the passenager seat at the perfect reach for him to hurry up and grab so he could do it real quick on his way in to work; well I grabbed it and he jumped so quick and said no MINE as if he was hiding something and guess what there was a roxy in it and 1 cigarette and he tried to tell me that it wasnt his cigarette pack that it was the other drivers cause he didnt know it was down there and blah blah blah but anyways I went to walgreens and bought a at home drug test and surprised him with it and of corse he failed and I started to pack my **** to leave him and yes I am still here but he knows that if he touches another one I will put him in jail. Right now I have another drug test  for him to take this morning and if he fails again I wont be staying this time. But since then he did start by going through the withdrawls and if you really want your b/f off of the roxys the best way to do it is, get him some muscles relaxers and tabs, and anti- diahrreals for the ***** he is going to have. He wont have no where near the withdrawls as everyone else does coming off this ****. The muscles relaxers will take away most of his aches and pains and the tabs will allow him to eat and not puke and the anti-diahrreals will stop the *****. and for the lack of sleeping he will do the tabs and muscels relaxers will put him to sleep. but give him only the tabs in the 7.5mg and let him break in half and take them together it works better and last longer. He should know that if he is a pain pill abuser. I wish you the best and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Dont live the life that I am right now either help him or leave him. Methocarbinal is the muscles I used. And I live in the PILL MILL STATE, THAT TELLS YOU HOW EASY IT IS FOR HIM TO GET THEM. Best wishes to you and I hope you can save your b/f. After everything is done ( dont let him do more then a week with this treatment I have given you. ) He will feel better after 3-4 days and really wont need the *** home treatment *** but dont stop yet do the full week and support him rub his back muscles and legs it will just feel so much better. as for sex goes it still wont last long till he has been clean for about 2 months or so. So invest in a toy; LOL! If he loves you more then the drug then he will do this with you. Good luck hunny THIS TREATMENT WORKS.
I like your comment Lizzie, except for the powerless part.  I have kicked my addictions to alcohol and percocet with self discipline and will power.  The mere fact that people refer to addictions as something you are powerless over or as a disease is a strong enabling factor in itself.  You can tell a cancer patient that they are powerless over their disease, because they have a disease, and they can't just decide to quit having cancer.  An alcoholic can decide that they aren't going to drink, a medication abuser can decide to quit snorting/popping/booting pills.  Your heart is in the right place and I might not be right, but from my own personal experience the individual is the only one with the power to correct the problem, no one else can make it happen, they have to want it for themselves.  What I have learned is that everything begins with thought and through will, thoughts become action, through action, you get progress.  This can go in a positive way or a negative one.  The moral of my story was that if I was able to dig the hole, then I better be able to climb back out, and I did. It's not easy, it felt like I was dying for over two weeks, but progressively it gets better and that pain is a constant reminder of your own will to live.  Struggle is the polish that makes the soul shine. I abused pain medication and alcohol from the age of sixteen to twenty five and I've been clean for almost a year now.  Rehab can help, so can close friend/family ties, but the bottom line is that the person with the problem has to be the strong one because no one else can throw off those shackles for you.
This is a very old post.  If you want to share with the forum please go to the top of the page and click the button that says Ask A Question :-)
Most never stop, one drug traded for another.  When you are the clean and sober one, it's hell.  It never stops for most and that's the truth.  I read earlier you cannot stand in darkness to help one see the light.  Good bye to the one I love, they will always choose it over you, don't ever think differently.