Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
i dont understand

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i dont understand

i snort vicoden like ten in a day  i find myself addicted to the taste an i dont get it its not just the taste of course but i feel it has a big part in it could anyone give me any insite about this and thank you for your help oh an today i only snorted a half of vicodin at 9 30 its twelve now an no cravings... yet.
hello...unfortunatly is dont have experience with snorting so i  really dont have any insight as to why you like the taste..but i do know the feeling pain meds can give you....maybe you associate the taste of the drug with the feeling it gives you.....kinda like when you smell food and it makes your mouth water...like a preperation for whats coming next.
Oh my goodness..snorting vics are dangerous..the tylonol factor...dosent it burn your nose? I snorted oxy...without any tylonol..yes the taste was pleasant as well as the rush...but snorting is really bad for you..it damages your nose..sinuses...etc.

I was addicted to.the ritual as well as the high.  The ritual of preparing was part of the addiction..know your not alone. I snorted up.to 4 roxies a day...along with taking oxycontin..im done with that stuff now...jist wanted you to know your not alone...bama
Bama I agree I enjoyed the snort more than the feel of the pill I think. In all actuallity I think thats what I miss the most that drip and the whole process of snorting.. Its terrible.. Im on day 9 today been having good days..if I hadnt deleted those numbers I can say without a doubt I would prob relapse today..so easy to be addicted to the rush and the taste. Hang in there prayers for you, you are def not alone!
Does it really matter if you are addicted because of the taste? The bald fact is that you are addicted. This forum exists to help you understand the complexity of your problem and to help you overcome it. I can't help but think that you are really asking for this help, and not whether the taste of vicodin is addicting.