Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone, zanex,valum,withdrawls

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

methadone, zanex,valum,withdrawls

I have heard that taking zanex, valum is good 4 withdrawls i have heard alot of people on here suggest that 4 withdrawls but when i was doing some research it says that when methadone is mixed with zanex valum it can cause death. your oppinions would be great....holly
Methadone is not recommended to be mixed with any benzo's while on the methadone as they are both central nervous system depressents...they are speaking of using benzos like xanax after you have stopped the methadone and are in WDs....I have never taken methadone but my son worked at a clinic and if the person tested positive for benzos they could not have their dose and it was against the rules...You should talk to your doctor about any medications u decide to use...especially if you are still taking methadone....it is good that you are interested in quitting..lots of support here..there are some good articles in the health pages about methadone and different ways to quit...also some vitamin protocols to follow to help with WDs..keep posting
I know that valium and zanex help with vicodin WD for sure!  I am not sure about the methadone interactions... sorry.
Yes it can be a deadly mixture, but I think if your off methadone you should be ok, so long as your not taking large amounts? Im taking clonidine, which helps & I believe its in the benzo family, as is xanax. Im only gonna stay in clonidine for another two days, then switch over to something more natural, I just dont want to become physically dependent on anything else. Im still not sure how long it takes to become dependent on this stuff, so far I,ve been on it for 5 days, but I sure dont want to find out the hard way. Also they gave me some nonaddictive antihistamine medication, which works great for sleep & anxiety.  Take Care Penelope
NEVER mix xanax and methadone! Extremely danderous
opps *dangerous
Clonidine is a blood pressure medication but should also be tapered if taken for a length of time..Klonopin is a benzodiazipine and is habit forming if abused...be safe with any meds you take and talk to your doctor about them
the reason i am asking this question is because i have heard alot of people say in wd to use valume zanex ect. I know methadone has a long half life so i dont know at what point into wd you could start to use valume to help thx  holly
Can you ask her doctor?  Penelope14 has experience with methadone...can you pm her?  I know people use it rather quickly after they quit but she would know more...there would be much less methadone in her system with each day she is clean...did you read the articles on methadone in the health pages
Oh...I see penelope has answered your post...skippysizemore also has experience with methadone WDs and feohmoon as well...
I take  1.5 mg of Alprazolam and currently am down to 14 mg. of methadone from 120  I wish I had never combined the two. benzo withdrawl (withdrawal) is much worse then opiate withdrawl (withdrawal), as far as im concerned and it just makes things harder in the long run