Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
opiate recovery and sex

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

opiate recovery and sex

I know that got your attention...

forgive me if this is inappropriate, but I have to put this out there (no pun intended)...but i feel this may help with some of our need for incentive to get/stay clean...

I am on my ninth day of no opiates and found that my sex drive has returned and that...it (sex) is better than I can remember...

anybody else with similar experience?
dude...im on day 4 from a smaller dose (5x10/325) and its like im a 22 yo again (40).....definate huge difference.
Had to comment...im blushing...but I actually woke up last night and played with myself.
Actually got me the only 2 hrs of sleep all night.  (cant believe i just said that so im gonna post quick) lol
Kim
Yes I think its that way for alot of people .pain meds nube you in many ways so when you stop taking the meds your body wakes basck up ...Enjoy ,,,,,
It was amazing for me my sex drive had been Zero for the last year....It took about 2 weeks for me after I quit...but things have certainly changed for the better....Thos epills control you in so many ways...BUT, NO MORE...
hehe......
meetings , meditaion  and  masturbbation
stay out of trouble with that new sex drive!!!
it happens to everyone
xo
Ive been 2 months now with no opiates. My sex life is back. I barely had a sex life when I was on them. Something with the oxys just made me never in the mood. Now its back with a vengeance. simply said.
I guess I'm a freak because all the opiates in the world could'nt and did'nt inhibit my sex drive.
2 months congratulations!  When did you start feeling like your old self?  I am afraid I'm not going to like my new self.  I'm on day 2 c/t of a  4 norco a day habit.  Did you taper or C/T?  thx
The body definately
comes alive.............lol
when did it come alive for you?
OMG!  I posted about this awhile back, but didnt get much response.
So glad to hear all of this.  Theres hope...........
By the fourth day................WOW now it is in overdrive!! :)
Are you talking about just your sex drive or your mental and physical aspects of your life as well?
I am talking about everything. It seems like everything has been in this fog and numb......now everything is more alive. I can think more clearly ........I appreciate things so much more.......very much more in tune to my sex drive which I think goes into overdrive like the neuro receptors do when we take away the blocking agent........weird it makes you wonder why you want to go into a fog for that high but it is a battle of the wills........
Thats encouraging!  4 days and you are feeling that great.  how many a day were you taking?  was it norco's?  
i was taking about 6  a day at the worst and it took me about a week before the emotional roller coaster started to level out.
sex drive started to be off the chain about the 3rd or forth day
thought i may break my neck looking at every appealing  woman that crossed my path. :)
Maybe this is why the forum has been quiet......everyone is getting clean and having sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
It's funny to make your self get off. Takes about 15sec for me when i been in whidrawl.
how unusual for you to put a post out there that gets everyones attention! LOL
I finally had sex with my husband yesterday, day 16 of my detox.  Man, he is patient!  I don't know if it felt different like I was more alive or anything....but AFTERWARD I went outside and worked on the yard and played music and was singing and ALIVE!  (had the stupid cops called on me for playing my music too loud)  I wanted to tell him I am detoxing, got laid, and it's my first day outside in 2 weeks.  But kept that all on the downlow.....
So, I needed it, whether I knew I did or not.  

LMAO I Really wish you would have told him.....
Ya know.. me and my hubby only have sex about once a month, and sometimes it felt like a chore, how horrible is that. We are only on day 3 1/2 of being clean but I have high hopes that after the withdrawals are gone that both of us can get our sex drive back. I mean, we are both good looking and Im still very attracted to him. I never put it together that the opiates took away my sex drive. Wow.. what an eye opener this forum has been for me. It can only get better from here, right?
I am so glad this has entertained and caught attention...sex is such a light and cheerful topic, especially when we find out that our dope has been killing it for us...and let's face it, a little laughter is the best medicine.

to kelley:  you should have told the cop...I would love to have heard his reaction to that!  

to f1sweed:  you made it 15 seconds?  Hell, I'm still shootin' fer that mark!

to sarah:  or wishin they were...?  (me)???
Well guys I made it 17 seconds last night.  LOL  So I am uppin the ante.  And going to join the sexual disfunction forum.
hehe...funny , but hey sex is real life...I will agree that for 3 yrs i felt nothing...Lets just say hubby has been smiling for a while now!!!

My Husband is so happy!  SO am I.  I was telling my friends that not only is my sex drive back but so are feelings.  I am excited about life again.  I am not numb anymore.  I hear songs that remind me of my 20's and I smile huge because I remember feelings that I had back then.  I FEEL ALIVE!  I HAVE EMOTIONS!  I CAN BE EXCITED ABOUT LIFE WITHOUT ANY PILLS!!!  Why did I stay on pills for 2 years?  OH YEAH, they control you. Well at least until you realize it and you fight back.  

I am so glad to see that everyone is having a great sex life again.  WAHOO!!
I am on day 5 of being clean.  Last night I did masturbate and it was awesome!!  Anyways looking for a  female partner for the real thing!! haha jk  It is weird that I never wanted to go out and look for girls at the bar or anything, guess thats the stupid pills work again!!
I am so happy so many of you are finding your sex life again.. This is great!! As a professional athlete I have been on meds on and off for over 3 years.. With major surgery in my lower back twice I figured this was part of life...  Guys its not..  I had been taking exactly 4 pills daily for close to 2 years straight never one less no one more.. I mentally figured that this was helping me with the pain when indeed it was not.. Mentally I played myself to believe that this was the solution but in reality it was the problem. My sex life suffered dearly because of this with my significant other to the point that she was going to leave me.. Thank God for that!! It made all the difference in the world to those out there not knowing what to do.. Just be honest with your mate about your problem and that you want them get help..I am in my late 30"s and can tell U that my sex life was "dead" for to long.. Today about 30 days later its alive better than ever.. Have been off those 4 stupid pills daily and truly I find it amazing how we can train our mind to believe the opposite that we dont need them anymore..... For those out there just making excuses.. Been there done that also.. Its enough!!!!! Get your life back, you will feel alive again, you will love again, you will want to have sex again.... Its worth it I promise!! May God bless U all...