Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
relapsed on oxycontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

relapsed on oxycontin

I relapsed today after being clean for a whopping 3 days. I am only posting this because I want to say i am glad i relapsed. I feel like such a jackass for having this relapse, that I am now more committed to beating this disease than ever before. In a fight, you get knocked down a few times before you stand on your feet in victory. to anyone else out there that is dedicated to quitting Oxy, please know that this whole process is a fight, and in a fight you get punched, but you have to keep swinging back or you will be defeated by it, and life is to valuable and worth living  to be defeated by a little pill. However strong a grip that pill may have on you, it is some thing that you can and will overcome. Family, friends, lovers, all depend on your strength to actually quit, because in the end, it is only you that can stand over your enemy in victory. So relapsing happens, it happened to me, but dont let that relapse hold you down. Use it to make your inner self stronger and wiser to what you need to do to better your life. but please do not use these words to justify relapsing a hundred times, because if that occurs, you are fooling yourself. it should happen once, and after that you will know what it feels like to be defeated, and that is a feeling that you should never want to feel again.
Wow. you are so right, everyone relapses at one time or another but I am so happy to see the stand you are taking to get back on track. keep up this spirit and strength. keep posting and know we all are here to support you.
great words! now get back in that fight and kick some butt! you know you can do this and it is so worth it
snowflake
Great post.  Sorry you fell but Im glad you got right back up. Stay strong and stay a fighter.  
Keep up the positive attitude and stand strong.  Your positive energy will see you thru.  good post..........sara
man down, man up --- 3 days is awesome ---- b-strong - liked your post, gives me hope
i relapsed today too. i feel horrible about it. does one relapse mean starting withdrawal all over again? for me it had been 3 or 4 days as well and i was beginning to feel better but something in my mind just told me to take a few percosets. so if anyone knows if this means beginning w/d-ing all over again can you enlighten me? i felt like i came far and am scared of doing it all over again.
Yes, you are back to day 1, you have to want it bad enough to tell you brain to pee off! , the whole reason of WD is the brain receptors are no longer sitting on the couch getting a buzz, they have been told during WD to get up and go to work and they do not like to work anymore. But in time they will learn to do what they used to do.

I am 6 days clean of a serious opiate addiction, not a minute goes by that I dont think about it in some form, but I use it in a positive light each craving on this day, my brain says he remember what that stuff feels like you liked it just go get one we can be friends again and i;ll cut the toliet sheets out and the ahceyness. but you have to say no and use that thought turn it aruond and say simply, no dude im alright i really dont need to get that high leave me alone, and so its a daily battle but do you want to lose?

i certainly do not.

I would never post on a forum like this if i didnt have a problem.

it stands out the more you stay sober. If the pills were good and eveythign was fine then why did I come on here and type this stuff.

do not allow yourself to slip up it will kill you.