Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
someone relapsed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

someone relapsed

Someone on the forum  sent me a pm and said they had relapsed and didn't want to come back to the forum. I suggested they at least lurk and not to be so hard on themself. I told this person everyone of us has probably slipped so to try again. I didn't know what else to say so any words of help would be nice.

Thanks,
Dove
I guess u cant tell who it is...i would send her/him a pm if i knew...we are all struggling here....best thing is to come out with it and let everyone help you...it is nothing to be ashamed of and often is part of the process of recovery unfortunately...I am struggling today as are many....no judgemnt only support here
I know how hard it is to have to admit that you have relapsed , I was so sure that everybody was going to be sooo disappointed in me back in sept .I had been clean almost five months ,I dont think I could have gotten back off the pills without every ones support they let me know I could do this again and  to stop beating my self up .  We are here ,let us help you help yourself :)
avis
Hey, dont be so hard on yourself, these things can and do happen. You need to brush yourself off and keep going. It may make you stronger this time around. Everyone is here for you. You CAN get through this!
Lost
Relapse is often part of recovery for most of us.Theres no shame in it.We're only human this isn't easy.I can't tell you that I'm 100% sure that I will not relapse before the days out.I can only tell you I'm not thinking about it right now.Who knows what the next hour is going to bring.Don't beat yourself down like that.You stumbled,brush yourself off .Lets talk about why it happened so maybe next time the same situation won't trigger you.We're all in this together.We can do this.
I quit drinking over 100 times but the last time for some reason I stopped one day which went to another day and so on. The pills took more of an effort, but it took me many times until I got that right too.

If it was so easy to stop then there wouldn't be a need for this forum.

Dove

I agree totally with dove3050, if it was easy to stop we would have done it long before now. I am presuming you have already posted on here before now and know of the support it offers and i'm sure you are aware that everyone is here for you. I really hope your ok!
I personally would hate to see anyone leave this wonderful supportive forum in their moment of need. I got a little slack for posting about my Grandma's death but I NEED the support. Please do not be ashamed, feel guilty, or anything like that. No one has the right to pass judgment and I think that is great that you confided in Dove and have her there for you, that being said, all of us are here for you too.
come on out of the closet whoever you are. I did yesterday. Im not proud of it, but i wasnt gonna lie to you guys or avoid you. I'll say it again.         I relapsed.

Shame is a normal reaction when you relapse. Trust me I know. I agree with dove,atleast keep lurking and hopefully you can see that we can help. Remember nobody is perfect.
When I first relapsed i would'nt come on either but I must say since I got it off my chest I feel better and i'm ready to start over again. I wish I would have never left. You would'nt of sent the pm if you did'nt want the help. That is all we want to do (help) not judge.
I have relapsed many times.  I will admit I relapsed this weekend when my I left my husband.  I just wanted to feel numb. I hate to say it but I did!!!  I RELAPSED!! I am starting over again, since it was only 2 days I am not feeling bed, but I still did it.  Please stay!  I know I have f***ed up a few times, but with this forum, I know I wille ventually stop and get all the help I need to never touch this again, unless absolutely necessary and then I will only use as directed and flush the rest.  Thisforum has given me so much confidence.  I don't stop posting just because I relapsed, I use my relapses as advice to people going through the same s**t as me.  Together we can get through this together.  PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE!!
I hope you dont leave.I kow how hard it is to admit that you relasped.I had to do it about a month ago myself and I was so embarrassed.I expected everyone to be mad at me but actually, everyone uplifted me and supported me.Everyone, including you, plays a very important part in this forum.Your story may help someone else to get clean in the future.Please think about that, and dont leave.Let us love ya thru this!!!!!

*hugs*
Jenna
I went 7 months and then relapsed...this is the first place I came to..come on back..nobody is going to judge you, we're all the same here, nobody is any better than the other, and we're here to help each other.

Jim
heck, I relapsed before i barely even started!!!  (not that i'm saying I'm proud of that....just trying to show you that it happens....and in my case, it happened WAY soon!)

good luck and come back....
Relapsed to crack after 2 yrs. Not feeling too good about it. Same ********. Getting ripped off by crack ******. No urge to go back.

john
Mary & I were so ashamed to admit on the forum we had relapsed, like we had let people down. Took us awhile to come on and admit it, we avoided the forum for fear someone would figure it out. lol I think one of the feelings we deal with when we relapse is that we all thought we would be the strong one, who would make it without relapseing. When going thru withdrawels we all say "never again, etc", then boom we cave. We're only humans fighting a very strong enemy.
To who ever it is that relapsed....Don't leave, don't be ashamed etc. We've all done it and completely understand. It's part of the process.
we've all been judged as addicts...we're not here to judge. we know everyone here has an addictive nature and sometimes relapse is a part of recovery.  if you're still lurking thru the site, stick around....post when you're ready, but don't leave...you didn't let anyone here down. we hope to hear from you soon. keep on keeping on.
                          -mjax024
i am a 25 year crack addict. I have been clean several times in those years, but always turned back to the cocaine eventually. coke is a wicked hard mental addiction, and it can bite ya in the *** years after we have sobered up. everyone on here needs to realize that NONE of us can say we are never gonna relapse again. we are not fortune tellers, nore can we see into the future. as addicts we have to stay sober ONE day at a time, forever. the batte can be less of a fight as sober time accumulates, but it will still be a battle. once an addict, always an addict. that statement really sux, but it is true as hell. we will always be addicts, and if we need tokeep that thought in our heads every day,
I have relapsed sooo many times, i cant even call em relapses, i have to say i prolly wuznt sincere bout quittin. and I dint want to post them either, but i did and received the support and tough love that i needed.
so dont leave this forum over a relapse, if anything, post. post it out an let others that have been in your shoes help you with wut helped us. good luck and much love....
After 13 years of being clean from coke, I relapsed for a couple of hits of the pipe.
The stuff was bunk, so the joke was on me.
I did not relapse before because I did not want to have to start my count over again.
I know that I did, but after 13 years I just kept counting.  I was very glad it was bunk coke.
That taught me a lesson right then and there.
Relapses and withdrawels have become a life skill for me. ( I think I heard this said here before, kudo's to the author). It took me a year to get 90 days when I tried to stop drinking. Then I got disabeld and discovered pain pills and now Im in a whole, new battle. But Im not giving up, I know I will run across the right situation or hear the right thing and will be able to beat this too.
  Lifes a do-over.
-Peace
-Dez