Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
this for ne1 trying to get off drugs/ going thru wds

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

this is for ne1 who is having a hard time getting of/stopping ur drug or even if ur going thru withdrawls and are doubting urself about being able to actually go thru this. im here to tell u my story and let u know where i am today........it started about 5 years ago when i started hanging around the wrong group of people, yes its that simple. this group of people were abusing painkillers. i knew that but it didnt stop  me. i started doing them for fun and b4 i knew i was hooked..this went on for the 3 years. i spent every dollar  i had on pills. i never was prescribed them. got my car reposessed. stopped paying bills and i was only working to support my habit. but i didnt care all i thought about about was the pills and when i was going to get more and how to make the last 2 pills i had last long. i even stole money from my fiance!! ur body and mind get hijacked by the drugs. u r almost uncontrollable. u wil do whatever u can, even though u know its wrong, to get more of ur drug.  while i was deep nto my addiction i beging to realize that i had a high tolerance to the pills and they were no longer working as great as they did b4. so i started using oxycontin. then that started to not work that great. i was doing oxy80mgs and after i would do one i realized that my body was still going thru wds. thats wheni knew i had a problem. i couldnt stop on my own so i went to the nearest clinic and started the methadone. i was on that for almost 2 years and got down from 90mg to 10 mgs and went thru some pretty bad wds. i switched to suboxone to get off the methadone. i found i tappered from the sub alot easier. i was so scared to quit taking bc of the wds. that was the only thing holding me back so 12 days ago i woke up and said to myslef "im going to try and go 1 day without the sub" enough was enough, i took it 1 day at a time and 1 day turned into 12 days. i experienced no wds at all. i get exchausted easy and still a lil weak, but thats ok.. im here today living my life and enjoying myself again. ive done more n the past 12 days then i have in the past 5 years sad but true. i want everyone to know that it does get better i promise. when  ur going thru the wds and r thinking u cant do this just try and make the wds positive. the wds r helping u to get that much closer to having ur life back again. i want u to think about how u were living ur life b4 the drugs think about how much fun u were having and how u loved life b4 the drugs and know that u r that much closer to having that life back. thats what i did and thats y im here on day 12 and only looking to the future and thats  a high itself. its all about positive thinking. u can do this. i hope ive helped someone... sorry for the long story. i just wanted it to get out there. thanks ur freind angie.
Angie~   Great story and a wonderful,happy ending!  You've come so far,huh?

Good for you!!   Stick around here,now!!!

Vicki  xo
Thanks so much. I will. Don't think I'd gotton ne aftercare if it wasn't fo this site. I didn't even k ow what that was until I saw it here.. I love this site it's so helpful
THanks for the encouraging words...needed to hear that right now...I am on 10 mg of methadone and tapering down to 5 mg on Monday and going cold turkey after a week of that....will be walking in your exact footsteps.
you sound great, angie ....keep walking :)
Thanks everyone... I'm doing really good but it's always good to hear encouraging words..
Pillfree...... Good luck next week and the following week... U r going to feel great once u r free of this..make sure u get some aftercare sit up.
Actually signing up for this site is part of the aftercare plan...it really helps knowing that you are not alone. I am an extremely well known community activist in a relatively small, rural community in Georgia, so attending meetings in person is really not an option for me...not that I care about image, I just know how shallow people can be.

Thanks for taking the time to respond..it really helps.
I def understand where ur coming from.. People here drug addicts and start judging.. I'm not going to lie I used to do the same thing b4 I became one..