Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what causes urine test to be positive for benzos, when not using and on...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

what causes urine test to be positive for benzos, when not using and on Suboxone

My last use of any form of benzos, was the day I walked into detox which I took 20 mgs of valium, 1/19/08 and then while in detox had clonopines. That was 1/20/08. I was put on Suboxone during this time and was still showing up positive for Benzo use 03/05/08. My last use was 1/20/08 as the Suboxon was working very well.
My question is Why was I still showing positive?
That is not unusual for them to show up in urine for that long...what meds are you taking now other than the sub?
Are you still taking klonopins?  They are a benzo so if you are or were when you were you were tested that's why.  If not, what else do you take besides sub?
sure your not taking anything else.  Some muscle relaxers show up as benzo's too.  It's something your taking or the test is wrong?  what do you think?

Nauty.............
i just tested positive 15 days later & they cut my methadone in half. i was on klonopin but stopped taking it 15 days ago!! how is this possible.
First...this is a very old post..so, it may be overlooked. Secondly, klonopin has a very long half life. I tested positive for Klonopin 27 days after my last dose.