Allergy Community
titanium/vanadium/aluminum dental implant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 1401-1403 comments:
Great news Hilary. Thanks for sharing your progress.
I hope to soon be able to report similar health improvements. My periodontist has agreed to remove my two implants but a definite date hasn't been set yet. I expect it will be in a week or two.
The foggy thinking and the fatigue you describe are so awful. Its like moving though mud all day. Physical and mental mud.
I really hope I will see the sort of progress you have experienced. It seems out of reach right now but it is so inspiring to hear your story. People like you carry the hope for the others here who are still on the journey to wellness.
Thanks again
Implant experience is the worst experience in my life. I won't recommend it to anyone. I was turned into the walking antenna thanks them. Every sound, every vibration from the outside were going exactly into my brain. Anyone experienced something similar?
Dr Robert Marshall researched this and on his radio show said a titatium implant was like have a cell tower in your head.

By the way, Dr Marshall is the founder of QRA and  top of the line, pure supplements. You can google him to learn more.

He lives in Texas and has his dental work done here in Ca by my dentist,  Dr. Aguilera's and his implant work is done by Dr Mehta.  

I found this to be very impressive and it gave me confidence to have my work done by both Dr M and Dr A.  
I am just so happy to read all of these success stories!
It really makes me happy!

I knew once I had mine removed and had assurance it was the implants causing the problems, I had to share my story and be available to help others in need.

Looking back it was very a very scary time and I know exactly how you are feeling as I felt the same way.

I was blessed to find  Dr. Aguilera, a metal free dentist, that assured me that yes the implants could indeed cause problems. Then he referred me to Dr Mehta and he agreed to research and take the implants out for me.
Blessing for me that they are both about 5 miles from my home!
They are both kind and highly skilled. A combo that I love!!

My journey with these was a bit more complicated than most but all in all it worked out and I am healthy now and have a great smile to boot!

So I just wanted to say congrats to those with the courage to go forward and to those searching for a dentist, don't give up!  
As always feel free to email me. Those I have been in touch with know I am very busy so my reply emails are quick, but to the point.
I have met some wonderful people here and I love how Hilary, RB and Wendy and others are here to help anyone too.    
Support is everything!
I'm still on my journey. I don't know what is health anymore.
So Dr Marshal has the implants himself?
Yes he does(zirconium). I know what an expert and purist he is, I imagine I would not have put in another implant after the hell I went through without knowing that he tested and approved them and had one himself. He needed an implant for years and waiting a long time for the zirconium to be FDA approved here in the US. He talks about it on his radio show.

Hang in there. I feel you would have immediate relief once the implant is out.
I had found this forum earlier and I am posting to possibly help others.  I had a titanium implant put in back in August 2014.  I started have small hives and itching in September 2014 but did not relate the two.  By December, my body would break out in these hives and I could not sleep.  My PCP did a thorough exam and ran a slew of lab tests and ended up placing me on steroids (in addition to the antihistamines).  As I was leaving the office he asked "Have you had any dental work done lately?"  That's when we first starting thinking it was might be related.  Fast forward to multiple visits to the Allergists and visits to my dentist and periodontist - all who said it was not related to the implant.  At that point I was having waking up in the middle of the night with hives and the antihistamines were no longer working (I was weaned off the steroids). Based on that, the dentist and periodontist agreed to remove the implant.  The implant was well-integrated and I had not had any issues with it at all.  Removing this healthy implant would be a first for both of them (they had removed many that had failed).  I had it removed about 7 weeks ago.  The hives did not stop right away, although they did start decreasing.  I was not waking up in the middle of the night and I was able to cut down on the antihistamines.  As of right now I may have to take it once every other day, but as soon as I do any redness subsides and the hives do not come out.  I did not have any of the other symptoms the people on here discuss - weakness, foggy, etc - it was just pure hives and itching.  My advice is that if you have ruled out everything else, it may be a reaction to the implant.  Mine was 100% titanium and yet my body reacted. I appreciate my doctors listening to me and being open to move forward with something they were reluctant to do.  It has definitely worked out for me.
Thank you Terry!

Thank you Rowdybuddy! I'm so happy to hear that you're recovery is going so well. At times, 100% - that is beyond fabulous news!

Yes, you're right, the brain fog, the debilitating fatigue, lack of energy and motivation were so awful. I'm really glad that it's completely gone for you. It is for me as well, which completely surpasses my expectations of this process.

Eucalypt, thank you! I'm so happy that your periodontist has agreed to remove your implants. Yes, the foggy thinking and fatigue are awful. It is exactly like you say, like moving through mud all day. I understand what you mean when you say that feeling better feels out of reach right now. I felt the same way when I was going through the process of deciding to have my implant removed.

It's really hard to imagine any sort of light at the end of the tunnel when you feel so awful, so exhausted. I'm totally thinking about you and I hope that the date is scheduled quickly. I know that you'll feel much better once they're out!

Annable100, yes I did feel a vibrating sensation and I hated it. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and just feel like my body was vibrating. That symptom did go away almost 100% after I had the implant removed. I like what Terry Brown said about a "cell tower in your head." Yikes! Best of luck to you in your healing journey!

Sandmac24, UGH, the itching. It kept me up at night too. It was actually the symptom that sent me to the internet to try to see what I might have changed in my life last year that could have been causing it.

After a while, I stumbled upon this forum and it felt like a miracle. I started to realize that the crushing fatigue, etc was all interrelated. I'm so happy to hear that you've had the implant out and are doing so much better! I had my implant out 5 weeks ago and the hives are gone, but I still have patches of eczema occasionally. I did find a creme that works like magic, it's called Vicco Tumeric cream, and I buy it from Amazon. In case you're still having the itching symptoms. So glad you're feeling better! It's great that you're doctors were willing to remove the implant so quickly.
Thank you for your response.  I totally understand you 100%!!  It is incredible how the body starts to deteriorate with these implants.  I have come to terms with the concept of wearing a denture.  My health is wealth as I am certain is it for all of us.  I will keep you posted and please update us all.  Wishing you health and good results.  Cheers!  ps. definitely the "root" of the problem
Thanks for responding, Crissy.
I found out yesterday that I am not a candidate for having my implant removed with the Neobiotech tool.  It won't work because of the size of my jaw, the position of the implant, and its being too close to the two adjacent teeth -- not enough room to get in to get the implant.  My teeth are all very small and in my small mouth, like that of a child.
But I was told that it may be the best idea to go back to my oral surgeon to have it removed (as I was going to do in the first place, before I found this support group).  And that way if there is loss of bone, that can be done right away after the extraction.  I think ANYTHING that goes in to fill in bone HAS to be better than the titanium.  At one point the implant was "slow" death, but suddenly it became "quick" demise!!  
After reading so many posts over and over again, and realizing other people here have vacillated many times over a short period of time of whether or not to go through with it, just as soon as I have enough strength, I am going to do it.
And after I think about it, it's really just one tooth/implant that is involved.  It took me well over a year when I was in my early forties to have all my mercury fillings out and replaced with safe fillings.  I thank you all for posting your experiences and comments here.  It has given me lots of information and I believe that what you all have said has led me in the right direction to finally get this horrible black "spike" removed from my jaw.
Thank you all.
Congratulations on getting to this point and making your decision. It seems pretty universal that making the final decision is extremely difficult. Most or all of us suffered such severe brain fogginess at that point, and it's such a huge decision to make.

It seems like some people had problems from their implants that took longer to become problematic while some people's happened quicker. I initially had a severe breakout of hives, but didn't start getting really sick until about the 3rd month after the implant was installed. Once I started getting sick, I got incredibly ill amazingly fast. Within six weeks I went from fairly functional to nearly completely bedridden and pretty sure I was in the process of dying.

Let us know when you have your date set up, hopefully it's ASAP so you can have your demon removed and we can have one more person here sharing stories of success and relief.

I decided to adress this to Dr. Mehta, but naturally any help will be higly appreciated! As some of you know I had my titanium implant removed over a month ago. I didn't notice a huge difference in the way I felt, but after some other health oriented changed I am now feeling clearly better. I wouldn't say that it's just removing the implant that's made the difference, but whatever it is I can only hope that this is permanent and that things will still keep improving little by little.

However, I went to see a dentist as another tooth got sore. He found out that there was a cavity in the middle ot the tooth (the cavity started from the side and reached towards the center) and it went all the way to the nerve. He said it barely touched the nerve but there would be a 50% chance that I would need a root canal. Afterwards he said that the chance may be a bit better, I think it was because there wasn't fluid coming or something like that.

I know for sure that I won't be having any root canals, so now I'd like to do whatever I can to save this tooth from getting removed. I found out there's some kind of cap systems, but does anyone here know what would be the best thing to do now? Or is it too late now that the filling was already put in place? If I should see another dentist for a cap or something how much hurry is there? I might need to fly to another country so I was wondering if it's better to do it immediately or maybe in a week or two would be fine.

The dentist put some medicine on the cavity before installing the filling, but obviously that's the only thing he did. It's now one day since the operation and the tooth hurts when I drink (although less than before the operation), but obviously that's still natural at this stage. If anyone has any ideas about what I should do I would be so grateful, thank you!    

If the tooth hurts especially to heat or cold (mainly cold), it means the nerve is infected.  Unfortunately, that is an irreversible condition and the only way to save the tooth is to do the root canal. If you are against the root canal, then the only solution is to extract the tooth.  There is a holistic approach to performing a root canal which is what I do on a regular basis.  The old belief (ie. Hal Huggins / Westin Price) was to pull all infected teeth. But with new technologies (ie. microscopes, lasers, non-metal filling materials, etc...), it's possible to do a root canal and still keep the tooth.  
There is a patient on this board who had the same thing.  I removed her two implants and she emailed me that she noticed a significant reduction in sound echoing through her head.  If she's reading this, maybe she can comment.

Dr. M
Hi Rowdy,

did you get any tingling/numbness in your extremities?  I also get a sunburn/cold sensation, occasional muscle aches and headaches.  Those are my primary symptoms, but no rash of any sort and no problems at the site.

Did you ever have a Melisa metal test done?  I am planning to get one before proceeding with removal.  Although it seems some people improved even after having a negative test result.
I never experienced any numbness or tingling anywhere, never had the sunburn/cold thing either. My head would get really hot and I would have to put my head under cold running water to cool off. Sometimes a few times per day, sometimes 20 times per day.  

I did not have headaches but I was on a medicine already to prevent them. Any time I have tooth problems it triggers headaches, so I was taking Gabapentin to prevent the headaches.

My muscle and joint pain was very constant and very severe. Aside from the massive fatigue and brain fogginess, the muscle and joint aches were my next biggest ailment.

I did do the Melisa test. FYI it cost me a total of $535. It was $450 for the test itself, $50 to have a doctor order it, and $35 for the local lab that drew the blood and sent it off. You have to go to the Melisa website at http://www.melisa.org/ and contact them to find a lab in your area that can draw the blood and send it off. It is all very specific and has to be done a very certain way. Only certain doctors can order the test, you find out local ones through the Melisa website. The doctor orders the test kit and they send it to whatever lab in your area you designate as where you want to have it done.

My test came back positive for nickel and vanadium allergies. My oral surgeon contacted the implant maker, they told him the implant had no nickel. They said it did have some vanadium, but only inside the screw portion that screwed into the bone. They claimed it was not possible that it could be released and get into my system.

It's neither here nor there to me at this point. My biggest deciding factor was the similarity of symptoms I had to several other people who got relief by having their implants removed. I do think there have been people test negative with Melisa and still get relief by removing their implants, so who knows, I don't begin to know how to advise someone on whether or not to spend the money to have the test done.

Best of luck to you whichever way you decide to go.
Numbness and tingling were my primary symptoms. Then crashing fatique and chest pains with it hard to breath. Severe muscle and joint pain too.

I discussed Melissa Test with my dentist (Dr A) and he felt titatium implants on their own are toxic enough and the testing might be a waste of time and money. I skipped the testing and just had them removed.
Hi Dr M,
Do you have handy the information I sent you a while back from the biochemist that had a titanium implant and shared with me the biocompatibility of Zirconium. (How it is not a harmful metal in the body) I can never find it when I need that information.  It's good to have here on the board.
Thanks!
Terry

Thank you very much for your reply! It's so kind of you to share your knowledge here!

So you mean that every time a tooth hurts it means the tooth can't be saved anymore? I thought it's quite common to have a tootache and then have a dentist fix that with a filling, but obviously I'm wrong? So now that I've had the filling put in and there's still some sensitivity to cold that means I'll have two options: a root canal or an extraction, right? I hope you don't mind me using your kindness a bit more and asking a couple of more questions:

So you think that with holistic methods it's possible to have a root canal done so that there should not be a risk of trapped bacteria?

Have you heard about Vital pulp therapy or maybe some other similar approaches? Do you think that could be a possible alternative and if so, would it be too late to get it done now that it's been almost a week since having the filling put in?

I also wonder why the dentist I went to said there would be a good chance of avoiding a root canal in this case. I mean, if having a tootache means always that the tooth has been lost, why would he state that? Lack of knowledge maybe, I don't know. I'm just making sure there isn't a misunderstanding here, as it's sometimes hard for me to find the right words to express myself as correctly as possible.        

Thank you so so much!!

Thanks to all for the great information contributed here. It's probably been asked/answered...maybe I'm just looking for confirmation as well! I had a titanium implant placed in May of 2012 (lower left tooth #19 and #18) and things have gone downhill since then health wise. I feel in my gut that it's the implant (I ended up with 2 of them...long story..can't believe I was suckered into this!).

Like so many others, my problems came on slowly so it wasn't crystal clear at first what they were being caused by. Previous to the crown being placed I had a weird metallic taste in my mouth. Just felt "off". But everyone said it was "fine". Integrated perfectly. I also had a weird flu bug in December 2012 (and I never get sick like that) that resulted in very strange horrific lower back pain complications (like a kidney stone on both sides). Related??

When I had the first crown placed in Feb 2013 (it was an Emax crown cemented onto the abutment) my mouth literally "blew up" in less than a month. Felt like I had fiberglass soaked in acid stuffed in my mouth. They cut the crown off and the gum under the crown was like raw hamburger. Eventually got a special "screw on" crown. But the mouth burning, horrible irritation, everything tastes weird, can't even think of eating anything remotely "spicey" have never gone away; in fact, they've continued to get worse. Of course, the whole time they're telling me it's thrush, I just need to get my teeth cleaned, etc.. No way that the implant could "possibly" be causing anything like this. No mouthwash, rinses, antibiotics, etc. has made a bit of difference.

So....fast forward to "now". I was subsequently diagnosed with a severe Vitamin D deficiency...I thought maybe that was causing all of my symptoms. My D levels are going up. Maybe 10% of my symptoms are going away. I truly think the rest are these toxic titanium implants.

I guess one of my biggest questions is...how many people have experienced the weird kind of anxious depression with this? It's almost a hopeless feeling. Combined with the aching and sore joints, muscles, exhaustion, feeling like you just want to burst into tears. I've had anxiety attacks for years and control it "as needed" with Xanax. This is way beyond anything I've felt before and seems to get worse each day.

I've been through a battery of allergy and immunological tests. Ige is elevated. Tested positive for Palladium allergy. Allergist was concerned at seeing some "autoimmune" things not quite right on the tests. She can see that "something" is really troubling my system....but can't figure out "what".

I've been trying to get some cooperation from my primary care doctor to run the Melisa test but I'm wondering now if it's a waste of time. All of these things coincided with the implants and continue to get worse - even with my D levels rising. My gut just tells me they need to come out...trying to find someone to assist there is the next big question.

I guess though, the most troubling thing is the depression. Like a "shaky" and hopeless feeling. Never felt anything like it before and it's horrible. Anyone else experience anything even close?

Also was wondering how many people started to experience the bad symptoms after the crown was placed? Could it be - sort of like the hip implants - once the crown is placed the implant itself is being "disrupted" every time we chew or make contact with our teeth....which is releasing titanium particles or ?? into our systems? Just a thought! Sorry this got so long! :)
"I guess though, the most troubling thing is the depression. Like a "shaky" and hopeless feeling. Never felt anything like it before and it's horrible. Anyone else experience anything even close? "

Yes, it's universal, everybody I've interacted with here has described very similar feelings. It happened to me, and I have never had any anxiety or depression issues ever. During my illness I felt absolutely no hope whatsoever. Words could not express how terrible it was, it was beyond belief. And that has completely gone away since having my implant removed two months ago. This metal toxicity attacks the immune system and nervous system and does horrific things. And you will not just by chance happen to find doctors or allergists who know anything about this. Yet.
Thanks so much rowdybuddy. That pretty much describes how I feel...along with the host of 'physical' symptoms as well - joint and muscle pain, waking up every morning aching like I have the flu in a cold sweat, literally zero stamina or energy, total brain fog, mouth burning (99% on the left side where the implants are), weird knotted muscles in my shoulder and neck (all on left side), etc..

And the strange 'complications" I had with that flu bug in Dec 2012...was it from the "flu" or was it just the catalyst for the 'poison' to attack other parts of the body? Oddly enough, a local woman here reported the same exact "complications" as mine and she had - oddly enough - a titanium hip replacement a few months prior. Hmmm......

Perhaps the worst part is the total disinterest and denial on the part of the medical and dental "industry". I'm very angry at the lot of them right now. I should have researched it to death before (like I usually do) instead of "trusting" them.

I'm calling the oral surgeon who placed the first one now to see about getting an appointment asap to get them "out". And I'll explore just getting some kind of little partial (it's 2 teeth right next to each other). There seem to be a variety of options out there for a small 2 tooth partial denture that are a fraction of the cost of what I paid for these toxic things.....people seem generally happy with them. And if you have a problem with them you can simply take them out! Wish that would have been presented to me as option in the beginning. Instead, they make it sound like you can't even eat baby food with any sort of "denture". I guess because those "products" don't make enough $$ for them to buy another Mercedes.

I plan on participating here as much as I can....all of the comments here have helped me so much. If I can even help one other person to overcome this hell I will be happy to do so.

My dentist Dr Aguilera who gave me information on the dangers of titanium implants and sent me to Dr Mehta to have them removed has an interview on rootcanals and an upcoming interview on implants this saturday.
Here is the link
http://medicienterprises.com/
Hopefully this is ok to post here.
I listend to the entire interview on root canals last night and am excited to hear the interview on implants this Saturday.
This is the BEST resource for us all!
The interviews are by subscription or 2.00 to listen to one.
Well worth the price!!!
  http://medicienterprises.com/  
Considering I've spent $8,000 to nearly die and then end up with a gap in my teeth, another $2 isn't going to be the end of the world!

I listened to the root canal one and thought it was real interesting.
I can't wait for the one on implants! This is so great to have this information out there for people to hear!

Glad you liked the root canal talk, I found it very informative and my mind was put at ease again as I have several root canals and have several redone by Dr Mehta.

Soooo glad you are doing better!!
Thanks Terry. I had some ups and downs, the downs being nowhere near as bad as the way I felt when I had the implant in still. But now at basically 9 weeks after the removal, I am staying at about 90-100% recovered right now. The last two weeks have been steadily very close to 100%, I am just amazed at how big the turnaround has been and how fast it happened.

I'm going to email you later with some questions about the root canal situation. I had one done about 6 years ago and I think it's the only one I've ever had, as far as it ever causing me any problems I don't think it has, not that I know of anyway. But I have learned a hard lesson about trusting dental work, so now I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the root canal I had.
My 28 years of disability was preceded by having 2 root canals.  Three years ago, I was finally diagnosed with Lyme disease.  After researching all that I could over the years, even before there were any online resources, like this forum for example, I was able to find out lots about root canals and how they are toxic waste "dumps" in our mouths.  I met the man who wrote "The Root Canal Cover-Up" years ago.  Before he wrote the book, he was instrumental in getting the whole root canal business going strong.  Then he found out how wrong he was; and was diligent in trying to get the word out on the dangers of root canals.  And I hear there is a book out now on root canals and their connection to cancer.

Commenting on Lyme disease, the science seems to be showing that it can lie dormant for years, and then after some kind of severe stress or trauma, whether physical or emotional, or whatever, Lyme can get a strong foothold and call all kinds of havoc.  

I was diagnosed some twenty years ago with 3 mycoplasma infections and numerous other infections (with strange-sounding names I couldn't even pronounce.)  It is my belief that the root canals started the whole spiral downward and that's what caused the awful neurologic, physical, mental, emotional symptoms that I developed.  Didn't help for sure that I had a mouthful of mercury fillings too, which I had to get removed over a year's time period.  

When I had the titanium implant put in 8 years ago, I didn't know I had Lyme disease.  I was feeling quite strong just before having it put in; and because so many of my symptoms in the past three years since being diagnosed with Lyme, seemed just like an exacerbation of the Lyme symptoms, I thought that THAT was what was causing all this terrible stuff.    If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it.  But I am sure I speak for the rest of us "poor souls" in this regard as well.  (Hindsight!!!)

What it comes down to, I think, is that many of us, who may not get any relief from having our implant removed, is that we still have underlying infections or other heavy metals in our mouths or circulating throughout our bodies that need to get addressed and that we need to get as much "out" as possible.  I think that these poisons and infections can damage our liver and makes it hard to excrete much of this toxic stuff.  And I think finding a doctor or naturopath or some other professional to help us to work on this is really important, especially when we are really sick and it is difficult to do this on our own.  

I have a couple of questions I am trying to find answers for; and will  post some of these questions and hopefully I can get an answer to some of them, as I cannot find any online answers elsewhere.  And I want to get my implant removed next month, but cannot go ahead til I know the answers on how to proceed with a "bone material" in the case of fracture or bone loss upon extraction of the implant.  I am very allergic to Zirconia and cannot have the implant replaced; will have to have a bridge of some kind, but this is a lower front tooth; cannot use the Neobiotech tool as I explained in a previous post, but I don't want to have a big "gap" there in the lower front jaw!!!

What options do I have for replacement bone?  Dr. Mehta:  Can you answer?  Can I be tested somehow in advance for the options before I go ahead?  I am really nervous about this, as I don't want to get in even WORSE shape, as I have multiple chemical sensitivities as well.  
---------------------------------------
Wishing the best to all of you in your endeavors to regain your health!  I am so very thankful and grateful for this forum.  

Sorry to butt in here. I've read so many different conversations over the last few months....but, terrybrown12, were you one that didn't really experience many noticeable adverse affects with the implant until the crown went on?

My apologies if you're not the one....but it's exactly what happened to me and what I'm still miserable with so thought it would ask. Thanks in advance. :)
That was not the case with me. I know some here have said that.
Maybe it was Wendy. I will email here and see if she can check in here.

From reading your post the the thing that struck me the most was how you mentioned a gut feeling.

I can tell you from experience I did too and I ignored it for 4 years. Turned out my gut feeling was right!

Terry  
Thanks so much Terry! I did find a comment from Wendy after I posted my comment and I think it was her (GAH!! Brain fog...should have looked deeper first!).

That would be great if she wanted to comment. I'm sure as so many others have experienced, the value of having others to talk to about this and know that you're not just nuts is so helpful.

I guess the only good thing that's come of this is, during the last 2 years of running every test imaginable I did discover I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency. Likely what caused my tooth problems over the years to begin with. And so many of the D deficiency symptoms are similar to the ones reported by reactions to implants.....I began to second guess myself again. But, as my D levels are rising I'm seeing maybe 10% relief in some of my symptoms. So, "something" is still causing the other 90%. And yes.....my gut and intuition are telling me it's the implants. My primary docs nurse had an experience with titanium pins in her broken ankle and she finally made them take "every piece of that crap" (as she said) out of her body. She was actually starting to get some weird systemic symptoms herself. And she also said her gut was the basis for her decision. Funny that after they took out all the titanium, all of her symptoms went away also.  

I guess in my case I do have some "local" symptoms (although the weird shaky, spacey, hopeless depression is probably the absolute worst one). Not exactly symptoms at the very implants themselves I guess (both are bottom left molar and premolar and right next to each other). But I consider my mouth feeling like it's stuffed with fiberglass soaked in acid or vinegar to be a "local" symptom (and clearly much worse on the left side)...even if all the dentists don't seem to think that's "related".

Thanks again! And hope that Wendy can comment too!
(sorry...I don't intend to write a "novel" again...it just seems to happen! :) )
~ Laura
send me an email, terrybrown12 at aol  dot  com
I contacted Wendy, she is not on the board anymore but she said to give your her email. She is very helpful and have the same issue with crown.
Don't freak over your root canal.
Email me and I will share what i have learned. :)
Now that you mention it.....I was going to ask about your root canal too! I have several and I've wondered about them too. One "old" one with some questionable metal post thingee in it. I'll email too! :o)
Hi-I'm reading this site as a woman in another group said it helped her when facing the need of dental implants. I need them because a denture alone won't work as I've lost so much bone on the lower. I am chemically sensitive & had a lot of mercury placed over the yrs so I decided to go for a denture instead of redoing root canals. My denture (lower one) got stolen with my purse & wasn't covered. I tried another denture & the material bothered me even tho I tested it. So, I gave up on one & have been gumming my food with only the top one for 5 yrs. I'm clearly in trouble with my bite/jaw & need to redo a denture & add the Zirconia implants to secure. I also need major bone grafting. Very scary to do when I might react to the Zirconia. I have to try this so I can chew again & hopefully the bone will hold the implants OK. What I need to know is-was anyone else chemically sensitive to denture materials & found a good material?? Better than Eclipse?? Also, where is this Dr. Mehta located as he sounds the most experienced for someone like me. I'm 67 & put this off due to finances & concern for metal-now with the ceramic, I may have a better chance. I'm in the US-Minnesota actually.
I only read this tonite so I will try to become familiar with the members in time-This will be a major ordeal & I can use all the help I can get::)) Thanks!
Dr M and Dr A are in orange county Ca.
They are great.
I had no problem woth zirconium and others here have not had issues as well. We are all pretty sensitive too.
Terry
Thanks for the info on the Zirconium, Terry. In addition to the removal of the titanium implants, I'm also looking at replacing some questionable crowns (and possibly extracting a tooth with an old root canal which has a metal rod in it of unknown material). I was looking at Zirconium as a possibility for the crowns...but kind of gun shy of all materials at this point. Maybe, after I get the implants resolved, I can get a small piece of Zirconium from the dentist and hold it in my mouth for a few days (or at least for as long as I can) and see if I have any reaction to it. ~ Laura
http://medicienterprises.com/2015/05/16/show-208/

here is the show on TITANIUM verses ZIRCONIUM implants.

Excellent interview!

This thread is listed as a resource. :)
Does anyone know if recently placed (February) and removed titanium implant due to severe jaw pain can cause 10 year old implants to suddenly fail? Previous implants were ok in February and now have severe bone loss (and even more illness and pain).
Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. Once I have progress I will post entire story.
I would say yes. Listen to the above posted interview. Dr A goes into this a bit.
New here so mostly trying to keep my mouth shut (not a pun) BUT I have had great Vit D levels for at least 15 years and still developed allergies to "commercially pure titanium" and having systemic problems, migraines, et al, because of dental work... Just saying.
(My brother is an alloy expert- "pure titanium" implants are "commercially pure titanium" which means there is an allowable amount of other metals added to increase hardness, malleability, etc. I think he said 15% can be other metals like nickel, vanadium, etc. )
I watched the free bit but it didn't mention new implants making old ones of bad. Do I have to purchase the whole thing?
Yes, it's worth two dollars. So is the root canal interview.
I went ahead and bought a year subscription since there is a lot more (if not all) I would like to read.
In my case I had a titanium implant placed in February next to 10 year old implant. In April bite wings showed all teeth and implants doing well even though lower jaw now throbbing (6 month dental checkup). Now in May at oral surgeon appt old implant has lost half the bone holding it in even though new implant completely integrated (according to oral surgeon). Severe twice daily migraines started within 2 weeks of February implant and still going on even though new implant removed May 15. So now old implant needs to be removed and upper implant reviewed. Seriously considering proactively removing upper implant before I lose too much bone.
I have listened to many of the interviews, I like them!

Maybe the last implant was the straw that broke the camels back.
For me I was "off" after the first one then when the second one went in two years later, all hell broke loose and I became scarey sick.

All the best luck to you as you proceed forward.
I started having significant (ER VISIT) migraines when I was 16.
At age 40 I suddenly decided to get breast implants after another round of teasing at work about being flat-chested (yes, he was fired). (And I WAS curious what it'd be like to wear a women's rather than pre-teen bra.) Saline were odd, switched to silicone after 4 years. Migraines got gradually worse. August 2013 felt sudden incredible pain across chest, took another year to get doc to do MRI to verify rupture. Trigeminal nerve block works to stop migraine so dentist removes lower left wisdom tooth but damages molar in process so within 4 weeks also removes molar. Breast implant explantation Dec 2014. Gradually started feeling better- NO migraines. Feb 2015 got additional dental implant to replace removed molar (assumed it was the same as older implants I already had). Felt fine for 2 weeks and suddenly got sickly- constant fatigue, nausea, migraines, debilitating joint pain. Newest implant removed May 15, 2015. Still ill. Quickly losing older Ti dental implant right next to newest implant site. Taste metal in mouth constantly and have rotten taste in mouth, fevers, lightheaded, tremors and muscle twitching, jaw throbbing.
Moral of the story: do not put crap in your body
To those reading: I first approached my dentist 3 years ago complaining about jaw pain. He said no way could it be related to my 7 year old implant in that jaw. I subsequently had the wisdom tooth removed during which molar was damaged and all that was left back there WAS the implant. It appears that you can be having symptoms from an older implant, previously ok and even doc says its fine. I wish I'd had the implant removed first.
"Moral of the story: do not put crap in your body"

that's the bottom line truth Vicki!
I've argued that "Commercially Pure Titanium" point to everyone also VickiT60! I'm not an expert, but did work with a goldsmith for about 6 years when I was younger so I'm at least "aware" of alloys, etc.. And the manufacturers are very secretive about exactly what that "Mystery Metal" is making up the missing percentage (I've heard anywhere from 8%-15%). I do have a verified allergy to Palladium. I have high levels of Cadmium in my system. Both are metals that are used in dental materials but they'll tell you "They wouldn't use metals like that.". Well...then please tell us what they are!

And I think I've been walking a similar path to many others. As in, shortly after having the implants/crowns having all of these "symptoms" creeping in. As far as the D deficiency...so many of the symptoms are the same or similar which makes it really frustrating. My D levels are going up though and the symptoms are not resolving. I've literally been tested and checked for everything under the sun...the implants are the only thing left. And the crowns. The implant crowns are E-Max (lithium disilicate). I have 2 implant crowns and 3 "other" crowns that are E-Max. Funny that, now, wherever there's an E-Max crown my mouth is burning, irritated (and visibly too!).

I think my biggest symptom besides the obvious issues in my mouth are the constant and horrible aching and throbbing in my legs and "lower" joints.Weird, spacey unreal kind of depression is also right in there too.

When you mention debilitating joint pain...is it all over? Just the joints or muscular too?

I did consult with the oral surgeon this past week. He's willing to remove them (and we discussed methods, etc....I do feel that he knows what he's doing). He would like to see what happens if the crowns are removed for a couple of weeks (seems reasonable....I doubt it will make a difference but I'll give him 2 weeks). If symptoms don't resolve or I wish to have them removed then we'll proceed. I guess I'll look at getting some kind of partial denture or something. This is lower left for me...pre molar and molar. My last molar on the left is questionable and may need to "go" in which case I'll be missing 3 teeth lower left in the back...so I guess some kind of partial is my only option. What has everyone else done to replace the implants? I guess a partial isn't perfect but at least if I have a problem I can take the thing out of my mouth!

The only thing that scares me is having the implants removed and it not resolving the symptoms...which would leave me clueless as to where to turn next. I've literally been checked for everything they can think of!

And yes....no more "crap" in my body ever again!
I wrote a book again! Yeesh...sorry about that! :o)
Did someone know for good doctor in Europe for save take out Ti ?
Is someone wrote about doctor from Salzburg ?
Thank you,
Viewing 1401-1403 comments: