Allergy Community
titanium/vanadium/aluminum dental implant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 1401-1494 comments:
"Moral of the story: do not put crap in your body"

that's the bottom line truth Vicki!
I've argued that "Commercially Pure Titanium" point to everyone also VickiT60! I'm not an expert, but did work with a goldsmith for about 6 years when I was younger so I'm at least "aware" of alloys, etc.. And the manufacturers are very secretive about exactly what that "Mystery Metal" is making up the missing percentage (I've heard anywhere from 8%-15%). I do have a verified allergy to Palladium. I have high levels of Cadmium in my system. Both are metals that are used in dental materials but they'll tell you "They wouldn't use metals like that.". Well...then please tell us what they are!

And I think I've been walking a similar path to many others. As in, shortly after having the implants/crowns having all of these "symptoms" creeping in. As far as the D deficiency...so many of the symptoms are the same or similar which makes it really frustrating. My D levels are going up though and the symptoms are not resolving. I've literally been tested and checked for everything under the sun...the implants are the only thing left. And the crowns. The implant crowns are E-Max (lithium disilicate). I have 2 implant crowns and 3 "other" crowns that are E-Max. Funny that, now, wherever there's an E-Max crown my mouth is burning, irritated (and visibly too!).

I think my biggest symptom besides the obvious issues in my mouth are the constant and horrible aching and throbbing in my legs and "lower" joints.Weird, spacey unreal kind of depression is also right in there too.

When you mention debilitating joint pain...is it all over? Just the joints or muscular too?

I did consult with the oral surgeon this past week. He's willing to remove them (and we discussed methods, etc....I do feel that he knows what he's doing). He would like to see what happens if the crowns are removed for a couple of weeks (seems reasonable....I doubt it will make a difference but I'll give him 2 weeks). If symptoms don't resolve or I wish to have them removed then we'll proceed. I guess I'll look at getting some kind of partial denture or something. This is lower left for me...pre molar and molar. My last molar on the left is questionable and may need to "go" in which case I'll be missing 3 teeth lower left in the back...so I guess some kind of partial is my only option. What has everyone else done to replace the implants? I guess a partial isn't perfect but at least if I have a problem I can take the thing out of my mouth!

The only thing that scares me is having the implants removed and it not resolving the symptoms...which would leave me clueless as to where to turn next. I've literally been checked for everything they can think of!

And yes....no more "crap" in my body ever again!
I wrote a book again! Yeesh...sorry about that! :o)
Did someone know for good doctor in Europe for save take out Ti ?
Is someone wrote about doctor from Salzburg ?
Thank you,
Terry, can I email you too please? I need the info about root canal please.

Thank you!
Yes anyone feel free to email me and I can share what resources and knowledge I have from my own experience. :)
I think you can also ask Dr Mehta here any questions as this is what he does. I would not trust a typical endodonist to do a root canal on me.
Baloney.  You can never get all of the infected root out of the tooth which leads to an ongoing, low-grade infection.........period!
Yes, joint pain everywhere, in small joints and large. Hands swollen in morning. Also, that weird thumb thing, as if you start losing the opposability of the thumb. AND, for me, a long bone pain; a sharp stab lasting a few seconds in the middle of the long bones of the arms and the long bones of the legs. I also have the floating (medicine-y) head thing and accompanying depression.
Where are you located? My oral surgeon says he will not remove any more of my implants so I'm looking for new doc. I'm in Richmond, Virginia.
If I can get last lower implant removed I will be missing both full molars (17 and 18) and wisdom tooth on lower left jaw with severe bone loss on both molars. When people say "bone graft" does that mean *I* am the donor? Isn't there some sort of purified corpse bone powder they can use to recreate the bone? Pros and cons of all methods? I' m not sure I'll ever fully recover from the surgeries I've already had so far...
Hi Vicki, There are a few different types of graft.  Mine was synthetic and it allowed bone to grow in the area over a six month period.
I was not crazy about the idea but it worked well and I had no ill effects.
It is just something that needs to be done to prevent major bone loss and also needed for my new implants.

Because I have a history of occasional reactions to dental anesthetics, it is one of the things I had to consider when trying to determine the cause of my worsening health following two dental surgeries within a few weeks of one another, both requiring extra large amounts of anesthetic over a period of several hours each. The first was for bone augmentation and the second for placement of two titanium implants on the opposite side.  

When my symptoms did not improve following removal of the implants 6 months later, I began taking a closer look at several other aspects relating to the surgeries, including the anesthetic. My understanding is that there are two classes, both of which contain one or another preservative (paraben or sulfite type), and a third kind that is preservative-free. I am very sensitive to epinephrine, which extends the action of the anesthetic, so by having to use an epi-free one, the already toxic potential of the preservatives was augmented by the extra amounts needed because of the lengthiness of the surgeries.

I don't know if the preservative is what has made me sensitive to the epinephrine and whether I would tolerate an anesthetic with epi but no preservative. It is something I will have to investigate. It appears there is a strong association however between sulfites and sensitivity to free glutamic acid, which I also experience, and causes the same neurotoxic symptoms that have been so problematic for me since the surgeries.  

Here are links to some information on the subjects:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3417971/

http://www.oralhealthgroup.com/news/articaine-and-paresthesia-in-dental-anaesthesia-neurotoxicity-or-procedural-trauma/1003465568/?&er=NA

http://www.msgmyth.com/discus/messages/4/2095.html?1364455587

Some aspects of my health began to minimally improve about 2 months after implant removal but nerve damage did not, and excitotoxic symptoms remain relatively more active. (It is now nearly 4 months post-removal).

That no one on here who has had their titanium implants removed has reported new problems following  zirconia implant surgeries suggests that for most people, anesthetic toxicity is not an issue. However the intense itching that some people complained of, for instance, appears to be a known potential side effect of the anesthetics.

While I will never know if titanium played a part in the worsening of my health, I feel more certain about the probable role of preservatives in the anesthetics that were used, particularly sulfites (for me). For those few others who have had their titanium implants removed and are disappointed with their level of recovery, it might be something to consider, especially if they plan on replacing them with zirconia or will be needing further surgeries of any kind.

Thanks for all the information.

When I first went to my oral surgeon with a concern that my problems might be from the titanium implant, he suggested getting tested for all the things used in the anesthetics, and he gave me a full list. I ended up never doing that and have lost the list, but it's a valid thing to consider, especially for anyone who has had implants removed and is still having problems.

I am 12 weeks post removal, and feel almost 100% recovered, but two odd things for me are that I still have to take an anti-histamine every 2-3 days or I will start itching a lot, and it will raise small red bumps if I scratch (I had severe hives when I first had my initial reaction after the implant was installed).

The one other bizarre thing I still experience occasionally is  sudden tiring and an incredibly deep sleep that comes on. The sleep can last 5 minutes or an hour or two. Even if it's only 5 minutes, when I wake up I am amazed how zonked out I was, and at first I have no clue where I am or if it's day or night, all very weird. Feels the same as when you first wake up after surgery.

I never looked into how and where one can be tested for this, and I haven't had time to look over any of the info you provided. These sudden deep naps are happening less often, so maybe it's just going to be a matter of time before they stop.
I'm in the Billings, Montana area, VickiT60. I was kind of surprised that the oral surgeon was willing to discuss this. But he also saw me shortly after the crown (first one) went on and my mouth literally blew up (felt like it was stuffed with fiberglass soaked in vinegar and battery acid!). He also did just say that while he hasn't ever seen anything like this - other than me - he's also learned to "never say never".

I'll be relocating to NC hopefully during the next 6 months so I actually had looked ahead to try and find a good oral surgeon in that area...preparing myself for him to not be agreeable to removing them. Better get it done now while I'm here and have someone willing to do it!

I also find it ridiculous that oral surgeons, etc. are refusing to remove the implants! They'll do all kinds of other "elective" type procedures purely for cosmetic purposes. Yet, they won't agree to do something that is a "suspect" in all sorts of health issues...both local and systemic. Makes no sense to me!
I live in NC, I have an oral surgeon I can highly recommend, and he did remove my implant even though it was the first time he has ever removed one that did not show problems at the site. He was a little skeptical at first, but I was as well early on. Believe it or not, once I started really thinking it could be the implant and made an appointment to tell him that, he said you can never say never and he did start researching this and looking into it. He's warmed up to the whole thing and was very willing to remove the implant by the time we did it. His name is Dr. Mark Shehan and he is in Winston-Salem. I had sent Vicki a message telling her about him but I guess she never saw the message. Best of luck to both of you.
Wow, I'm impressed with your surgeon for having thought of the anesthetic as possibly being the problem and for suggesting testing. I wish mine had done the same. Even the dentist who knew I was sensitive to at least one of the anesthetics he used never told me about preservatives in it or suggested testing.

Given your remaining symptoms, it's possible you would still benefit from testing, or alternatively, requesting an anesthetic with a different preservative or no preservative next time you need surgery.

It's great that you're almost completely back to normal. Yes, most often side effects will resolve in time. It wouldn't hurt to try to keep physical and other kinds of stress to a minimum until then, and if you believe there is any chance they're preservative-related, to temporarily avoid naturally occurring or added sulfites or parabens in food and drink.
Hey everyone.  Has anyone noticed taking allergy meds reduced your symptoms at all?
Antihistamines (allergy meds) helped me with hives and that's it. Allegra, Tagamet, Zantac, Xyrtec etc etc....

There's two types, and you need to be taking one of each type to be most effective. Dosages vary too, when I first got hives from the implant I started taking 2 Zantac and 2 Zyrtec per day and as time went on kept lowering the dosages.
Thank you so much for the info on your oral surgeon in NC, Rowdybuddy! It makes me feel much better to know I have a "backup" if my oral surgeon here decides to not remove them. He already committed to doing it if that's what I really wanted...so I'm going to try and hold him to it.

I had the crowns removed today (lower left molar and premolar right next to each other). Healing abutments were put on. This was what the oral surgeon suggested since my biggest problems seemed to come on about a month after the crowns were placed when my mouth "blew up" and felt like it was on fire and stuffed with fiberglass soaked in acid.

Interesting response...on my drive home (within about 30 minutes) everything got MUCH worse in my mouth! The metallic taste, the burning, the feeling as if some kind of chemical/solvent was in my mouth. And all seemingly coming from the left side. My theory was that the crowns had been acting to only allow whatever is "in there" to seep into my mouth...once he removed the crowns it was like taking the lid off of a bottle of "toxic metal juice". I go back to the oral surgeon next week. I've seen enough with the crowns "off". I want the implants out of my body!

Odd too...the aching in my right leg got much worse along with cramping muscles in my left shoulder/back. These are the symptoms that cause me to second guess myself as they're also symptoms of my severe Vitamin D deficiency. But why would they suddenly "flare" like that within 30-60 minutes of removing the crowns? My D levels have been going up...and these symptoms are not going away. I guess maybe they're not caused by the D deficiency after all?

I'll pursue getting a flexible type partial for right now so at least I have those 2 molars to chew with! Anyone have any experience with DuraFlex or Valplast or similar? Maybe someday I can look at Zirconium implants but for right now I'd like to go back to a healthy baseline and assess things from there. That is, HOPING that once I get these removed I'll get better!

OH...and yes on the antihistamines, TunaBoy! I've been using them daily since I noticed a slight improvement in how I felt after taking them (about 3 months ago). I've only been taking one Claritin daily but it helps a bit. Maybe I'll try two until I get these blasted things out!
Thanks again for the input, and I will definitely be getting tested and paying attention to this for future reference.
All the problems you've had are so bizarre, sorry to hear you've experienced all of that. The only thing I can relate to and comment on is the muscle and joint pain aspect. During the last six weeks before my implant was removed I suffered excruciating muscle and joint pain all over, in particular in my left elbow and left shoulder for some reason. I had never had issues with this before, and it all went away after the removal of the implant. I noticed a big change the very next day, and within three days it was mostly gone.
Well...if it wasn't for the actual symptoms in my mouth Rowdybuddy I'm not sure if I ever would have made the connection. At least they kind of shined the light in that general area.

In large part it was the discussion here that I found one day that really made me focus clearly on the implants (and I've literally browsed/read all 8 pages of it!). And many of your comments really hit home. Like the joint and muscle pain for one! I mean, who would ever associate that with a dental implant! But that has been some of my biggest issues. The "mouth" stuff is small potatoes compared to the all over "systemic" stuff. Feeling like you have the flu every day. Deep aching to the bone. And the weird depression feelings. Those are my "Big Two". And for me...again, those are top symptoms of the D deficiency so everyone just sort of glosses over it.

I know you've probably answered it multiple times...but the excruciating muscle and joint pain you experienced? Pretty much how I would describe me...but any other details you'd care to share I would certainly welcome! In my case it's mostly upper body on the left side (where the implants are) but the hip/leg/foot (from top to bottom!) is on the right side. It actually came on fairly suddenly for me when I had a weird flu bug in between getting the implant and having the crown placed. I was getting over the bug (wasn't really that sick anyway) and then this horrific pain started on both sides of my back in the kidney area. I thought I was having a double kidney stone attack. I literally ended up in the ER and I'm NOT a "run to the doctor" person. And I've never been the same since. The pain subsided from the ER type pain but has been with me every day since then. There are days where pain meds don't even touch it. Feels like the body aches from a BAD case of a bad flu...but has been with me since Jan 2013.

I guess it gives me hope to know that you got over the same/similar symptoms and pain within days of removal. And when you say "excruciating"...I pretty much describe it the same way. How long did you have your implant in before it was removed?

I apologize for asking these questions which I' sure you've answered multiple times....but the conversation has gotten kind of long and it's hard to go back and find comments! :o)

I don't mind answering questions, I know how hard it is to go back and find stuff here.

I had my implant in for a total of 6 months. I had horrific hives and body swelling one week to the day after the implant was installed, and we assumed it was a reaction to the penicillin. I ended up in ER three times that week, once by ambulance. After the 3rd trip and being put on 80mg/day of prednisone, I never had an unmanageable issue with the hives from that point on.

It took about 4 months in for my other symptoms to start setting in, and once they did things really snowballed quickly. I'm not surprised because my body has always been hypersensitive to everything. I think others have had their problems come on that quickly too, while some people have taken a year or two for things to get bad. That makes it really hard to tie it all together with the implant. Even for me, at 4 months in, it did not seem like the implant could be the issue, and it took a lot of gut wrenching agony back and forth to finally come to the conclusion it HAD to be the implant finally.

After the removal my oral surgeon asked me for tips on how to predict or recognize that one might be having this type of severe reaction to the titanium implants, because he cares about his patients and he wants to avoid this for the future. I told him that I think the two predominant problems are the brain issues and joint and muscle pain, it seems like almost everybody here has had those issues. And then each person had a bunch of lesser ones.

The brain thing is that fogginess, inability to think clearly, a feeling like you've been heavily drugged or poisoned, unable to focus, extreme fatigue and depression or at least a total sense of hopelessness. I got so bad the last three weeks I could not even carry on a conversation, I couldn't follow what someone was saying, and if I talked I would forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence. If felt like I was really drunk, nearly ready to pass out, all the time. I became completely unable to function.

My joint and muscle pain was in every part of my body, bar none. Like you said, it could be described as having a really severe flu where you are achy and sore all over. But for me it was much much worse than my worst flu ever. And the left elbow and left shoulder for some reason by far worse than anywhere else. If I moved my left arm one inch in any direction it felt someone had stuck a knife or an ice pick into the elbow and shoulder joints. All my pain was a sharp knife like pain all over. And I've never had that problem. After the implant was removed I had full range of motion with my entire left arm within a few days, with just a little bit of discomfort. It took about 8 weeks to completely be gone, but it did finally disappear, no issues at all in that arm.  

Do you have a schedule set up for removing your implants? I don't recall if you said you did or not. I always try to tell people there's no guarantees, and obviously some people have had the implants removed and it did not solve their problems. But I feel like if a person has that extreme mental fogginess and fatigue and the joint and muscle pain, it's a pretty good indicator the implants are pretty likely to be the cause.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the info on doc in Winston-Salem. That will probably be an overnight stay for me to go see him but I'm definitely going to try. Can he order the MELISA test for me before I go there? (I would like to have proof of allergy even though I've already decided I want rest of implants out.)
I still have aches, stiffness, jaw throb - oral surgeon says all thes symptoms from removing last-installed implant 4 weeks ago. New symptom- rough, red mucosa on inside of mouth over both areas of still intact implants.
Only certain doctors can order the Melisa test. You can send a request to the Melisa people through their website and they will email you a list of doctors in your area that can order the test. You won't actually go see the doctor in person, they will just order the test. You will have to use the Melisa site to determine which lab in your area does the test, and the doctor will request that the kit be sent to that lab. I used Dr. Chris Yerby, you could send her a request by email at  drccyerby@aol (dot) com.

It cost me $50 for the doctor to order that test, $35 for the lab to draw the blood and send it off, and $450 to the Melisa organization to do the test. Insurance did not pay any of that.

Best of luck!
So much information in this thread, thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

My 70 years old mother in law, who less than one year ago was working on carpentry projects for fun, carrying alone heavy sheets of plywood without any problem, suffered from a root canal infection in September of last year.  The periodontist removed the tooth and replaced it with a Titanium implant.

A couple of weeks later, she started to experience joint pain and swelling (a finger) and soon after pain in other joints and muscles all over the body.

A rheumatologist came to the conclusion that she had a case of rheumatoid arthritis, despite a negative RA factor, and despite severe muscular pain which I believe isn't a typical RA symptom, but what do I know.  Today, my mother in law is significantly diminished compared to last year.  She lost almost 100% of her left shoulder cartilage.  She has no appetite.
My researches to help her find a possible cause to her RA slowly made me see a potential link with the implant and lead me to this very helpful forum.

What reinforce this link even more is the fact that a couple of years ago, my mother in law had two dental Titanium implants installed for her.  Following the procedure, once a very healthy person started to experience weird and hard to diagnose symptoms: dry mouth, persistent cough, sinus issues..  At the time, she asked her periodontist if the implants could have caused the dry mouth but as you may guess, the answer was negative as this is not a common occurrence.

In any event, now she is actively looking into this, trying to find out if she could do the MELISA test despite being immunosuppressed by the RA medication.  She is also nervous about the implications of going through the procedure of dental implant extraction while being immunosuppressed.  

I have read that Dr. Mehta is using a technique to extract the implants with minimal damage.  My question is: does this technique applies to implants that have been installed long ago, and maybe have been integrated into the bone structure?

Also, would it be required by my mother in-law to go off her immunosupression medication before an extraction procedure?

And finally, anyone here has seen significant improvements in joint and muscle pain following the extraction of the metal from their body?  I read a few stories here, but people in the medical field around us believe very strongly that once the immune system has kicked in, it is difficult to stop.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

Mine were in over 4 years and well intergrated. My implants were also removed before the new tool was available and I did fine. There was bone loss but it came back with a bone graft.

The extraction process is relatively simple so I am assuming that she would be fine with the meds but of course she would want to discuss this with doctors.

Also in my case it took a while to get my body back to normal.

I have auto immune issues that I have not discussed here but they are really separate from the implants and the removal I feel.
I have kept it in remission with good diet and supplements.

Hope this helps.

Great how you are helping out your mother in law!

Terry

Terry
Wow...So many of your symptoms are the same as I experienced/am experiencing, Rowdybuddy! The timeline might be slightly different but I find it strikingly similar and might explain some of the "weird" things that I experienced!

I've also been hypersensitive to things pretty much my whole life. I'm probably not a good person to have some metal screw put in my jawbone.   What made me think a titanium screw in my jaw bone was a good idea??!! Yeesh!

The things that stick out. The depression, feeling like you're being poisoned and a feeling of "hopelessness". That just hits the nail right on the head! It's horrid and truly feels "hopeless". Not sure what other word could possibly be any better!

And you mention body swelling. When I had that weird horrific back pain following the flu bug...it was followed almost immediately by my hands, leg and foot swelling up for no apparent reason. It was mainly on my left side...where the implants are. No one could explain it and they didn't seem particularly concerned either. It sure freaked me out! And I've wondered about it ever since. And the hives....when I started taking the Vitamin D, I started experiencing horrible hives. They weren't like regular hives either on top of the skin. They would start out as these hard, large painful lumps which would then almost feel like they "burst" under the skin and would then itch horribly. I've never had anything like that before. I linked it to the D but I also now wonder if it wasn't being "cross linked" somehow with the implants? D does many things in our bodies and our immune systems are hugely dependent on D. I wonder if the D wasn't trying to attack whatever it sees in the metal and resulting in hives? I think they call those "under the skin" hives Angioedema. They're awful!

Now that I have the crowns off I can say that my local mouth symptoms are worse. Like i mentioned before...almost like the crowns were keeping the "lid" partially on that toxic metal and now that they're off it's just flooding into my mouth. I got back to the oral surgeon next week so we can discuss my reactions with the crowns off. And I will make an appointment ASAP to get the implants removed. I hope within a week. I've seen enough...I just want them out.  

I don't know if all of my symptoms are caused by the implants but we'll soon find out! Honestly, it's annoying to be missing two teeth there (premolar and molar...they come in handy for chewing!) but I would rather live without the two teeth than continue to feel like this. I know that many people get implants to replace numerous teeth, or front teeth. And I can totally relate to the missing front teeth issues. But why do we let ourselves get convinced to have some foreign piece of metal screwed into our jaw bones for one or two teeth? I'm going to just explore a little DuraFlex or Valplast partial. Maybe someday I can look at Zirconium. For now, I don't think I want anymore crap screwed into bones until I can go back to square one and sort it all out. I know several people have gone the Zirconium route and are healthy and happy so we'll see!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep everyone posted. This thread/conversation has been such a help for me...would like to return the favor for others if I can too!
Chtef, please do whatever you can to encourage your mother in law to pursue the implants as a very possible, and likely probable, cause for her symptoms and decline in health!

Again, so many similar symptoms that came on after having implants! My local "mouth" issues were like a burning mouth (still is!). I had the dentist tell me the same...no way could any of that be caused by the implants. So, they told me it was everything from dry mouth to burning mouth syndrome to thrush. I tried everything for all of those "things" and nothing had any impact on the symptoms. Which told me it wasn't any of those things!

And why on earth would a periodontist not at least consider that having metal screws/abutments in your mouth not at least be a "possible" cause for those symptoms? Or did she also get the canned response "They're integrated in the bone and there's no way that they could possibly have any affect on the inside of your mouth!"?

And I, as well as many others, experienced the muscle pain. And the swelling. Just addressed that with Rowdybuddy also. They also did a whole battery of tests on me dealing with my immune system, allergies, etc.. They did discover that I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency (which I know I've dealt with for years now and thankful they caught). But that was literally the only thing they could find. So, I guess "nothing is causing all of my symptoms according to the doctors and dentists?

And in her case...they say she has RA yet they can't actually make a conclusive diagnosis nor explain some of her symptoms as actually being caused by RA? Sounds like she might not have RA to me! I'm not a doctor, and certainly not advocating that she stop taking any medications, etc. but I would keep digging for the "real" cause...and really focus on the implants!

I was also trying to get the Melisa test done and then figured it didn't matter to me at this point what they say. My gut tells me to get these things out. I emailed the address on the Melisa site and someone did answer me back within a day or two. We only had one doctor local (a Naturopath) that was already registered with them. It was kind of a pain to go through the process and become a "patient" of this doctor so I decided not to go through it all. But they did seem very helpful (the Melisa lab people that is).

Please keep everyone posted...and tell your mother in law to keep fighting and find the "healthy" version of herself in there somewhere! My first implant went in, in 2012. Both are well integrated. I'll soon find out how easy they come out!
I started taking Benadryl 2 days ago for the itch of tick bites. Yesterday I added generic Claritin and generic Zyrtec. All joint pain has stopped. I remember someone mentioning antihistamines but I didn't think it could work. It does, but it also proves that there is an actual allergy response happening, not arthritis or Lyme or anything else. Will the relief last as long as I take the antihistamines?
Also, anyone out there know if I can use a Doug coil machine for the titanium allergy while I still have implants? My initial thought is that the magnetic field will bleed more metal into my system. Any thoughts?
After reading your comment I "upped" my antihistamine dose, VickT60. I also noticed an improvement in some of my symptoms. Not totally gone, but a bit subdued. I don't know anything about the Doug Coil machine....hoping someone else will comment?

Going in Thursday to go over my "results" with having the crowns off of the implants for 2 weeks. If anything, most symptoms seem to be worse including a constant taste of metal, burning and irritation in my mouth (along with the host of other "all over" symptoms). I've also been using some supplements noted for helping with metal issues like IP6 and Cilantro. They do seem to help a bit also. What IS this toxic crap that they screwed into our jawbones??!!
I successfully used a cilantro/raw Brazil nut pesto to detox after I had all my amalgam removed. It DOES work to remove metals, especially heavy metals, from the body. I also took a LOT of Vitamin C buffered powder during that time to flush metals out and keep it from re- depositing in other areas of my body. Good luck and best of health.
Thanks for the tip VickiT60! I'll check out the Brazil nut pesto too. And I was using buffered C for a while. I'll add that back in. Another person also recommended, from her personal experience, a Zeolite (clay?) detox. I'll add that in there too!

I have my appointment for next Thursday to have them removed. We'll see how it goes (fingers crossed). The oral surgeon will be using the trefine tool vs the reverse torque method...since they're integrated he was concerned about the force using the reverse torque tool. He has experience using both methods. We'll see how things go. I'm really, really crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!
That sudden tiring and sleep is a symptom of narcolepsy. I was tested for narcolepsy 3 times due to this symptom but never classified as having narcolepsy. It started right after my first dental implant. One thing I've noticed is that after you remove something that OFFENDS the body your symptoms can get worse before they start getting better...
I experienced it the whole time I had the implant in. It never got worse after the implant was removed, and it has slowly gotten better. It is still happening less and less frequently. And I never had this happen to me one time ever before I had the implant put in.
Soon I will be undergoing the root canal therapy in a Family tree dental clinic in North york. Is it a painful process? It would be great if anyone replies as I'm very nervous.
We'll have to wait for Terry Brown to reply on that one, I have not had the root canal stuff done myself, I've just had the implant removed.
I've had several root canals. The actual process, for me anyway, was tedious but not painful at all. Once the tooth is numb the nerve is removed....so, there's no nerve to feel any pain once the process is complete.

There's a lot of controversy over root canals anymore though so not sure what I would do if I needed another. Might just look at extraction instead...but that's just me!
Well....scheduled to have both implants removed tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly and that I see a difference in this whole host of health issues that started shortly after the implants went in.

I'll post info after removal just in case it might help someone else. This site/topic has provided me with SO much information and support...if I can do anything to contribute any info for others I'll do whatever I can!
Great news, best of luck, I hope you have a quick and full turnaround with all your health issues.
MELISA org didn't have anyone close to me but Gloria Hyzer in Wisconsin is writing a lab order for me, sending the kit to me to get blood draw, and then I call her for consult to get lab results. Every perio or oral surgeon here in my area of Virginia has said they won't remove implants unless I can prove I have allergy. Oddly enough, they all maintain the implants are pure titanium. I have a real issue with this way of doing business but I guess that's why they call it "practicing" medicine instead of "got it down pat" medicine. I did read NIH info saying doctors doing hip replacements should be testing for metal allergies. Apparently the thinking is that dental implants don't contain enough possible offending materials to cause an allergic reaction. Everyone experiencing adverse effects needs to be reporting those effects to the FDA.
Yep, the whole thing is a mess. Made worse of course by the unwillingness of a massive majority (as in almost 100%) of the entire medical field to not acknowledge this is a serious problem for a very small minority of people. A very real and disastrous problem for those that have experienced it. I think you've probably seen my info on who my oral surgeon is, he would be willing to help you out if need be. I apologize for not remembering who all I have spoken with and what I have shared with certain people, but there's been quite a few. If you need my oral surgeon's name here in NC, send me a message here.
Sadly, they hear what they want to hear. The implants (as we know!) are "Commercially" pure. Which means that they can have approximately 10% (give or take) of other metals as alloys in them. The "industry" has selective hearing on the word "commercially". Both of mine were Grade 4 Commercially Pure Titanium. Why won't they disclose what the other approx 10% "Mystery Metals" are?

The story as I know it (someone correct me if you know anything different) was that when the manufacturers sought FDA approval they tested with pure titanium. They got their approval. But they discovered that pure titanium was too brittle. Sooo....under the blessing of the FDA, they were allowed to replace up to 10% of the titanium with various alloy metals and other materials without getting "new" FDA approval. As long as it was 90% or better titanium they were "good to go".

I actually got both of the actual screws today after they were removed. I plan on finding a lab somehow/somewhere that will test these things to see what other metals are in them.

And what difference does it make whether you're technically "allergic" to it anyway? They do all sorts of "elective" procedures for no other reason than cosmetic results.....why won't they remove implants when the person living with them "elects" to have them removed!??!

Things went really smoothly for me today with the removal...I'll post more tomorrow on the process and how things are going! I'm almost afraid to say anything....but I noticed some positive differences literally within hours!

Glad to hear removal went smoothly and you noticed positive changes already. I felt a difference within one day, and a huge improvement within 3-4 days after removal.
Hi LauraJ- can you elaborate on wheat improvements you've seen already?
I'm up to 3 migraines a day right now with 100mg imitrex only slightly subduing those... Having problems even keeping antihistamines down. Additionally my cheeks and lips are sticking to my teeth- not just the remaining implants but all my teeth. Does anyone know if this is from antihistamines? I haven't been able to take antihistamines for days but the cheeks are still still adhering to teeth so badly I have to put a finger in my mouth to loosen. I'm still waiting for my kit from Hyzer in Wisconsin.
I had my implant removed this morning.  SO GLAD!!!  So far doing O.K.  Had the implant for 8 years and there have been so many problems during these years, it's just too much to go into.  I have had Lyme Disease for 28 years and so I attributed many of my symptoms (bizarre as they all are) to Lyme.  In fact Lyme causes many identical symptoms to the titanium/allergic/metal issues it's difficult to pinpoint what is what.    The worst is now that I will need corneal implants somewhere along the line.  I attribute this to the implant.  

I will let you know how I am getting along.  I anticipate much improvement.  I know I will sleep better.  Already I do not feel so "distressed" in my abdominal area.  And I don't feel as tense.  

I wasn't a candidate for the special tool that has been discussed on this site; but my biological dentist and oral surgeon are both located in the same building --   So it was suggested by my oral surgeon to have my dentist remove the top part of the implant, then go to the oral surgeon (where fortunately I was able to use a local anesthetic).  Can't be sedated as I get dehydrated too easily by not drinking the 6 hours previous to the appt and would end up in the emergency room for IV fluids.  My oral surgeon did use  a tool (maybe manufactured by Noble????  the company that made the implant) -- I'm not sure.  Lots of pressure but all went O.K. and the implant came out in one piece.  (Lower front tooth).   I'm tired right now.  Got two stitches.  Trying to take doxycycline so it won't get infected.  But I have become allergic to just about every over the counter and prescription drug "out there" -- and supplements too.  All have titanium in them for the most part.  Need to get new glasses too -- mine are titanium.  Anxious to see if the rash on my nose and cheek and neck go away.  At first diagnosed with Rosacea but this is much different than Rosacea.    So many mental problems and brain fog, and you all probably know the rest.

Hoping that all of you that are faced with the decision of implant removal and finding the right dentist/surgeon to do the removal -- that you will have success in your search.  

I know for me this was the right decision.   It took me a long time to get the courage up to do this.  But compared to what I've been through with this implant, this morning was a "piece of cake"!!!!

Jean

Yay!
That's great news, best of luck with your recovery.
Thank you (& terrybrown12) for the encouragement.  I am definitely noticing a difference even though it's only been two days.  (Maybe some psychological aspect too -- feeling of relief getting this poison out of my body!!)

I was looking at past comments regarding root canals -- next to mercury fillings, root canals are a second a "toxic waste dump" in our mouths.  I am speaking from much experience in this regard.  There are some good books on the subject as well as a lot of good info from the web.  My own disabling illness was immediately preceded by having two root canals (from one of the best docs in the L.A. area).  They looked fine on the x-rays (just like my recently extracted titanium implant).  But I was bedridden physically,  so ill emotionally and mentally/neurologically from the root canals and did not get out of bed till they were both removed.  Note -- I did not have pain in my mouth or root canals -- it was all the other bizarre stuff -- and it was difficult to distinguish what was causing it all -- just like with the implant!!!  

All I can say is BEWARE.  I think if there is any other option for a tooth replacement, besides the root canal or implant, go for it!!!  I had to put my vanity aside with this implant, as I am allergic to Zirconium, and I'm not quite sure what's going to go in place of my missing front tooth (other than the temporary I have right now).    But it came down to a matter of life and death at this point or being in a wheel chair or maybe an institution for the rest of my life.  That's how serious this dental stuff can be.  Extremely important, I think, to find a good biological dentist who can give the right direction to make wise choices.  
Jean

I am desperately looking for a reliable oral surgeon or dentist in the London/ southern part of the UK who will remove titanium implants. I have been reading this all day and now realise why I have been becoming sicker and sicker over the last 18 months

Feel weak, chronic fatigue, panic attacks, anxiety, depression, brain fog, poor concentration, chronic tinnitus, joint pain, horrendous sleep issues. Symptoms are cumulative and have got progressively worse over the period of time
Just bumping this. Please, could antsy one in the London area of the UK or further afield message me the name of any surgeon who would be willing to remove titanium implants.

I started getting these in 2003 (coincidentally the same year I started with Fibromyalgia symptoms. I have had them done gradually as my teeth have failed due to gum disease. I have 9. Last year I had three put in my lower jaw to go with an existing one and a fixed porcelain bridge put on. My dentist had now taken that off.

I think the final three inserted Feb 2014 have tipped me over the edge. I have never felt more ill in my life. I may need to have them out gradually as I have also developed TMJD.

There must be someone dentist or oral surgeon in the UK who does this kind of work.
I want to publicly thank Terry, Wendy, Jodie, takeitout and bluebird all of whom have answered endless questions for me.

My dentist today said that basically I have developed metal toxicity, and is going to try and help me find someone to take out my titanium implants

For anyone coming to this thread I will list my symptoms to check (I hope to God you won't have these as I have 9 implants so I am highly symptomatic).

chronic sleep deprivation, down to two hours some nights,( that is with the aid of sleeping pill) joint pain that moves from joint to joint, sometimes hip, sometimes knees, hopelessness, anxiety, depression, lethargy, endless neurological symptoms, in the head area I have chronic tinnitus, that is also above the ears and is like a form of pins and needles or that all my nerve endings have been set on fire, hyperacusis, feel like I permanently run a temperature but take it and it is fine. The pins and needles travel down my neck and back and arms.

I wake up and struggle to breathe, I have sinus issues, virtually every issue that has been covered by others in this long thread. I am not confident if a full recovery as I started having these put in 12 years ago, but the 3 I had Feb 2014 must have sent me over he edge.

Also nothing I take relives these symptoms. If someone asked me to sum up how I feel I would say it's like I am being slowly poisoned.

I asked my dentist if I could just take out the ones that had gone in last year as up to then I had vague symptoms that I put down to fibromyalgia (coincidently diagnosed the year I had my first implant put it 12 years ago).

He said no, as once  I have triggered metal toxicity problem, I need every single bit of it out of my mouth. We are trying to find someone to do this.

My heart goes out to anyone who gets this, and anyone who gets a titanium implant be hyper vigilant for symptoms that could be put down to things such as Fibromyalgia, arthritis, CFS, depression, Lymes, RA or any other autoimmune condition especially if your bloods are coming back clear and your MRIs are fine.

This is great news that your dentist will help you find someone to remove them! I know you will be able to find someone!
I agree that you should have them all removed.
Thanks terry. It's complicated as the uppers have gone in my sinuses and he said that will need to be sorted by an oral surgeon at the time they are removed. I think the started of the thread had this problem.

My symptoms are extreme as I have had these for so long. It's the cumulative effect and the three at the same time last year have pushed my body over the edge.

I want them out now, but I want them out properly. Bad news is that one lady on here has the exact same symptom as me which is kind of like her head is like a pressure cooker ( I know that sounds bizzare) with the tinnitus in the ears sounding like steam an that has not got better and she had one not nine. I dread living with that for the rest of my life.

I also scared of any long term damage that may have been done.

I don't think it was a coincidence that 12 years ago when I got my first one was the same year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (unexplained join pain and fatigue) I think I have been allergic to them from day 1 but just never made the connection.

Thank you for all your support.

People who get these implanted should be hyper vigilant incase they get other conditions at the same time that don't have an obvious connection to the mouth.

I'm terrified of the surgery to get them removed as well it seems a big job having to have the sinus restored, and then working out what goes in their place, probably partial dentures. But I feel so ill if someone came in and said I had to be a gummy mummy for the rest of my life I would go with that.

I know it's part of the condition to worry and fear and have anxiety but my mind is in overdrive as to if I have set in place cancer or Alzheimer's etc due to the length of time they have been in.

My dentist also said that I wasn't allergic to titanium per say what he was saying is that metal in my mouth or combination of metals is proving toxic for me. So I guess that is why many people on this thread who gets tests done and are told they are not allergic as such makes sense. I would suggest others who get this say to their professionals that they gave metal toxicity symptoms it might be easier to get it sorted.

He says it's a bit like the old mercury fillings that people (including dentists and dental nurses) over the years started some started to have metal toxicity symptoms from having of in the case if dental people handling everyday in their work.

Thanks again for your input

real quick I wanted to say that there is woman that does not post here that had extreme tinnitus and it went away right after her implant was removed.

I know it is overwhelming and more so in your case as you have nine to deal with but I do feel certain you will find a way and heal.
Hi Terry

Thanks for your comments. I am just thankful that unlike a lot of people on this thread, my dentist acknowledges that this condition whilst rare can actually exist.

I have seen him today and he spoke to his mentor last night who I beleive he studied under at TheEastman Dental Hospital which is Londons main teaching hospital.

His mentor has told him that with the new Bionoble (?) device it is quite easy to take them out even when they are fully integrated - but I am still terrified.

So he is considering taking out the lower four himself now, and maybe getting his mentor to come to the surgery at a separate time and take out the upper 5.

I also have an appointment with someone else who takes than out tomorrow morning who has taken one out for someone on this forum, and seems to have taken far more out than my dentist.

I still have other concerns though as my symptoms mimic something called Lymes Disease, but I am still going to have the implants out regardless as I have got to attempt to do something to get better for the sake of my family.

Goodness knows why I was too vain to have dentures, it's not like I have ever had anything to be vain about.

I have been reading stuff today about heavy metal poisoning on the Internet and scared myself witless. It says recovery can be from 6 months to 2 years and there is not always a full recovery especially if the liver and the brain are affected.

Although my GP ran a batch of bloods and my liver function came back as normal.

I have got to get this crap out of my mouth.

My dentist has one patient who has 18 in his mouth and is fine, some people have all the luck.

I am based in London and can relate to everything that you have said (not so much sinus, but the inflammation that I suffer from has effected all areas in my life- breathing, joints etc)
Push the lyme disease out of your mind- I can say with almost 100% certainty- it is as a result of the implants.
My dentist took my implant out reluctantly, but I can assure you, I have no doubt that everything I was experiencing was from the implant.
The recovery process has been long and difficult (I have suffered all sorts of related health issues) and my health anxiety is pretty high (I never had this prior to the implant but months of doctors telling me it was all in my head when I was suffering greatly, really aggravated my anxiety).
But I am a work in progress and I can bet in a few more months I will be all good.
Get it out, you will feel all the better for it
Thanks Nats for your encouragement.

I went to a dentist in West London today who also confirmed that whilst very rare, certain people can develop a firm of metal toxicity due to having multipule metals in their mouth. In the dental community there is currently talks and papers on this, despite how rare it is, as it's just coming to light.

He actually knows my dentist ( I didn't know this) and is going to speak with him in the phone to try and plan a way forward. Maybe do the four bottom extractions first.

My symptoms over the last six weeks have gone mad, since I my dentist to take a fixed bridge off that was 100 ceramic and I thought might be my problem. (Doh !) My saliva is much one in contact with metal. It's since then the real neurological symptoms have kicked in, pins and needles all over my head, down my arms, ears hiss like a pressure cooker, shakes like in Parkinson's. Before that it was all joint pain, insomnia, ear pressure, tinnitus, chronic fatigue stuff

Now the Anxiety, Depression, Hopelessness is also in overdrive but I have a bizzare restlessness as well, pacing about stuff even though I sleep for a couple of hours.

I am grateful that both my dentist and the guy I saw this morning acknowledge its a real thing.

My last four GP visits he has wanted me on AD's, CBT, one to one counselling; he as at his wits end poor man he doesn't know what to do with me. He doesn't know where to send me next.

I have been diagnose with ongoing Fibromyalgia, Osteo arthritis, chronic sinusitis, TMJ dysfunction, chronic tinnitus, depression and anxiety

I must have had very blood done under the sun, MRI brain ear MRI, seen two ENT's, a Max Fax Consulatnt, had knee X-rays and seen one of London's foremost TMJD experts.

I think these multipule implants have to go and if I still have other issues I will have to deal with them, bug without exessive metal in my mouth.

Why the heck is it so hot in London, I feel so ill and it's the last thing I need.

I contacted Shehan in NC and he won't remove implants unless he installed them.
On another note: after I received my MELISA test kit I had a helluva time getting a blood draw. Labcorp has agreements with independent labs but Pharmasan (MELISA test) is not one of them. Quest diagnostics and Patient First will also not do blood draws. Additionally no private nurses will do the blood draw for fear they will be arrested. (!) Virginia law requires that you have a doctor order a test but I haven't heard of a law in which nurses are not allowed to do blood draws unless they are doing it for an established medical practice. So finally I found an HCA emergency center who would do the draw and they said all HCA facilities will do them.
I find it horrifying that it is so easy to get these appliances put in our bodies but we have to maneuver a maze of obstacles to get them removed.
We are struggling with this in the UK as well. It seems to be better to ask if it's possible to have problems due to multipule metals being in yout mouth, as soon as you say I am allergic to Titanuim you just get a, no you aren't, do a test.

There seems to be more acceptance if you ask if it's possible that you might have a medical toxicity problem, rather than state you have an allergy.

The more I read I am sure this is a result of a combinations of metals and that's why they say 'no you aren't' when you say you are allergic to titanium.

I have a date for having 4 removed, I am terrified, I then need the other 5 removed and they are in my sinuses. I have no choice as I have no quality of life left. If they aren't the problem so be it but at least I will have tried.
Yes, I agree with the possibility of a "mixed metals" issue. Many years ago when I still had amalgams my dentist put in a gold alloy crown and my mouth reacted severely, lips swelled, half my hair fell out overnight and I sweated yellow oil. I'm not sure I ever recovered from that instance even though I had all amalgams and metal crowns removed. The galvanic reaction is unmistakable in that case due to the taste of metal in the mouth. Opposing valences of the metals cause this and it is well known- I guess dental professionals get no basic chemical training even though they ae installing these metals in one of the most chemically reactive environments on earth. Even in my amalgam case, I discovered that the manufacturer of the "gold" crown (once again, an alloy) stated to install in a mouth with silver/mercury amalgams was contraindicated due to possible galvanic reaction. (And that galvanic reaction deposited so much mercury in my system that my tongue was black.) So dentists don't even read the accompanying literature that comes with these products. Isn't this a form of malpractice?
I don't know Vicki. All I know is this condition is making some people desperately ill like I am at the moment. Also it's actualy a hard thing to diagnose it's almost like you have to rule out 100's of other things before you get taken seriously. Some of my symptoms are frankly bizarre and even on this very comprehensive thread I don't think my ear and head symptoms are mentioned.

I am angry with myself in a way (or maybe sad) that I have lived with bad joint and muscle pain for approx 12 years and never connected it, so just carried on regardless having more and more implants.  But it seems a huge coincidence that it started up more or less the time I got my first implant. If I have them out and my symptoms do not at least part resolve I will be at a lose as to what is going on.

It was also difficult as I was in my mid forties when a lot if women starts to get odd pains and everyone chalks them up to midlife, both individuals themselves and med people.
I haven't posted much lately but I've been reading, my heart goes out to everybody suffering with these implant related issues.

I have been finding out even after a great and quick recovery, it's not a cakewalk. I pushed myself too far too fast and have worn myself down. It's hard not to do that when you feel so much better so quickly. It makes you think you can do whatever you want, and that's not true. Recovery is going to be an ongoing process for awhile.

Even though I don't have the cloudy brain issue, extreme fatigue and extreme joint and muscle pain, I have really been run down the last three weeks. Trying to do too much and not getting enough rest. It makes me feel bad for people who have/had more than one implant and had theirs in longer than I did (just 6 months for me).

Vicki, I'm sorry to hear my oral surgeon told you that, wow, I did not expect that from him, obviously I wouldn't have recommended him if I knew that was his stance.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone, hang in there and keep fighting this thing.
Thank you for your comments. My dentist is hopefully takeing out my lower ones during the next two weeks, even tough he had only taken one out before by the old trephine burr method.

We will hopeful do one next week with the new biotech tool and 3 the following week. I haven't get time to go abroad to the U.S. as I am so symptomatic otherwise I would have gone to Terry's Dr the one who writes on this board occasionally.

I am also terrified of the long term damage that may have been done, I appear to have all the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning.

I think those of us on this thread have been very unlucky as the vast majority do not have problems with these.

Has anyone got any tips on what type of detox methods I should try both prior to removal and after. I am now too weak to go out by. I have someone who is willing to get me special foods and supplements ?
Sorry to keep blogging on here. But I am struggling with this.

I am becoming more symptomatic by the day.

I am also remembering things last year that happened are the last implants were inserted.

Three weeks down the line I had crippling hip pain, it was in a band all round my lower body, non stop for about five days I had never known pain like it. Because I have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, I just thought that was getting progressively worse. My body must have fought it off, then it recurred some weeks later.

I also the most severe urinre infection of my life. I hadn't had one for 30 years.

Was this my kidneys etc trying to deal with toxins ? It was nothing I could fight off on my own, I tried drinking loads and getting an over the counter remedy but needed AB's. The pain was unbearable and the first AB's they gave me made me ill.

Despite drinking loads I feel I am getting it again at the moment, so am in despair as I don't want to put ABs in my body at this time, but may have no choice ad the pain was crippling last time.

I'm frightened of everything I put in my mouth at the moment incase it adds to the problem.

I'm also developing a sore throat even though I have not been in contact with anyone with a virus.

I wish I had a proper signed treatment plan to get these out of my body rather than my current Ad Hoc arrangement.

I am blogging this here so that anyone who gas these installed, looks out for any unusual changes in their body, system.

I know urine infections are commonplace, but I had t had one for years and the pain was indescribable like I was oassing something toxic :-(

Anyone looking in, wish me luck  in getting this resolved I feel I really need it, and anyone religios pray to God I  get better.

I can't understand how so many can tolerate these, but in a few we seem to be poisoning ourselves.

I had the first one of my nine implants out yesterday, so that my dentist could figure out how to use the new tool. This went straightforwardly.

However today my body had gone into somekind of shock.

I wish others who had been through this removal process had described how their bodily reactions to having this stuff removed.

I am in a bad way today my body is trying to cope with expelling something that is toxic to it through the bowels and urine and by giving me dreadful inflammation.

I wish I knew if others had been through this on getting them removed.

Don't know if my body is up to dealing with the removal of more than one at a time. But don't think I could go through with doing it one by one either

I will continue to write about this incase anyone else goes through this.
Sorry I can't be of any help in that regard, I had no negative effects from my body after removal. Sorry to hear you're having to experience that. Thoughts and prayers are with you for things to get better ASAP.
Thanks rowdy buddy, I am struggling as mouth hurts as well plus  I have chronic screaming tinnitus too so not any easy call.

Grateful for your prayers, pray a bit myself now.

So glad you had no adverse reactions, still no idea if I am doing the right thing, as everyone has commented there is no real medical guidance or intelligence on this issue, we are all on our own with our decision
"as everyone has commented there is no real medical guidance or intelligence on this issue, we are all on our own with our decision "

Exactly, and it's a terrifying situation for all of us that have experienced it. Having to go against the word of so called "experts" who claim we do not have issues because of our implants. I believe someday the truth will be there for the world to know, but for now that's not doing any of us any good.

I'm at the 4 month mark now since the removal of my only titanium implant I had, and it was only in for about 6 months, so I feel fortunate. But I still have ups and downs in my recovery, even now the recovery can be a struggle at times because I know I am not back to where I was before the implant. For the most part I'm doing great, but not always. I am finding out even at this point how important the mental side is to dealing with this.

Best wishes for you to find a way to keep battling and moving forward. Hopefully it gets better and easier for you and soon. If I knew any secrets or great words of wisdom I'd sure be sharing them, but I don't. All I know to say is try to stay as strong as you can mentally, it means so much.
Sorry to hear that you are struggling! I went/go to a kineseoligist in SW London that helps with detoxing and mineral/vitamin substitutes.It is alternative medicine but if you are open to new things it is worth a shot. Let me know if you would like her details (you are based in London if I recall correctly)
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-05/new-technique-uses-bodys-stem-cells-regenerate-teeth

this is what we need!!
I never should have had mine put in in the first place.

I have all the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning, from having these for 12 years. I have damaged my central nervous syste.

I am dealing with a dentist who will remove them but really doesn't understand the disease.

Today my head feels like a pressure cooker again, parathesia all over my scalp and my screaming tinnitus from the ears completes the picture.

It is the same as with the Mercury fillings from years ago.

Had one out and a bad reaction to that, three more out on Monday, then five uppers to be got out.

I hope removing them isn't more dangerous than leaving them in. I know it won't get rid of the tinnitus and various other things but I still need to get this stuff out of my body
Nats I have messaged you.

I am in London.

Anybody who comes across this thread. If you are thinking if having titanium dental implants put in, please don't.
]I am not sure if I have posted here about my experince with have amalgam fillings removed.

A few years before having my first implant put in I had all of my mercury fillings removed by a so called holistic dentist.
He removed them all in one day without a dam. I had a mouth full. It took 8 hours to remove them all. 2 days later my brain felt like it was poisoned.
I was severely mercury poisoned and felt as if I was close to death.
It took 7 months to heal and I was severely ill each and everyone of those days.

Be certain you trust the person removing them and do them one at a time.  
I have been seeing lots of oral surgeons and period twists right here in my local area (Richmond, Virginia) and THINK I have found someone who is willing to do the removals. He was VERY open to discussing the possibility that metal allergies exist, that the implants are alloys, that integration that does not imply no allergy. If I get a go ahead from him I will give you guys my e-mail address so I can give out name and phone number.
Flip side: I'm expecting my MELISA test results any day now.
In my research on the manufacture of the "titanium" dental implants, I read that as soon as implants are put in, the body tries to create a biofilm (of metal oxide in most cases) so when implant is removed it can disturb that biofilm and cause an immediate dump of the metal into your system. I highly recommend drinking lots of water to flush your system. In addition to sipping at water all day drink a glass all down at once a few times a day. Also, try steeping a handful of parsley in a quart of pure spring water- sip this throughout a day. This recipe is a cleanse for the kidneys and allows them to function better.
Best of health to everyone recovering!
I felt worse for a long time after removal of 2 implants and it took me more than 4 months for me to begin to feel close to how I felt before implant placement and bone augmentation surgery that preceded it. Nervous system symptoms have not especially improved but debilitating cognitive and energy symptoms finally seem to be improving as of the past week.

I've had CFS and immune problems for many years so I'm not typical, but because I felt worse after removal and because certain previous non-dental local surgeries had also resulted in new and/or long-term symptoms, I cannot be sure titanium alone was the problem. Anesthetics and additives they may contain - usually methylparaben and/or epinephrine, stress, inflammation, and antibiotics are all things that might affect the outcome to some degree.

I am scheduled soon for zirconia implant surgery to replace those that were removed and this time conscious sedation has been strongly  recommended, as I think it should have been for the previous ones. Most of the above mentioned things might be described as "toxic" in certain amounts and for people whose nervous systems are more acutely sensitive, can also lead to long term effects.
Hi  thanks for your comments. Well I have had four out of the nine to be removed so far.

I hear what you say about the Mercury fillings Terry. This is how I feel, it is as though actually removing them has put more metal into my system. I am now wondering if whilst these are toxic to my body it is almost more dangerous to take them out.

My dentist still has his Mercury filling in as I think there is a school of though that, that is the lesser of the two evils.

I am drinking four litres of water a day, and a. Having problems eating due to sore gums etc, so can't follow complicated detox books at the moment. I am worried tha I was so upset by my chronic tinnitus that I am having these out in the hope it will abate which I have been told by at least 6 medical people it won't and its for life.

I still think though tha I have been allergic to them from 12 years ago when I had one and mysterious acquired Fibromyalgia at the same time. I gave had huge Fibro flares over the years and would live to know if they coincided with the implants going in. Also over those years my insomnia got worse and worse

I have now become hypersensity to sound as have hyperacusis as well as tinnitus.

I am also suffering from something called Phantosmia - I wake in the night with weird burning smells in my nose, this is also terrifying nothing is burning as my husband checked.

It's like taking all this stuff out of your body sets off some huge neurological symptoms, which to me shows they should never be in your body in the first place
Found this article guys. Maybe some of you will find it useful. I'm sorry if it's been posted before.

Ann

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3753052/
Here's a good source for more articles:

http://www.melisa.org/research-articles/articles/
I have had a mouth full of fillings since high school. By 27 I was starting to have symptoms of osteoporosis arthritis. I mentioned to my dentist that I was wondering if there could be a link. This was when  there was just beginning to be suggested a link between fillings and symptoms of mercury poisoning. I also have had severe anxiety and severe depression since high school. What do you think?
I had two root canals done successfully but it was only three years before one tooth cracked in half and had to be extracted. This cost me $600 for the first procedure and $400 to have it removed. Financially I don't think I did the right thing since I lost the tooth anyway. I do not even chew on the other one in fear of it breaking as well.
Well if my experience is anything to go by yes.

I started having titanium implants put in 12 years ago. The exact same year I came down with unexplained body pain and was given a diagnosis of osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia the later being body pain and fatigue and deoression.

I have ruined my life by not making the connection and so carrying in having these medals put in my mouth.

I have had four implants out so far, it is nothing like having teeth pulled my body has had somekind of toxic shock reaction, but I need to carry on and get this metal out if my mouth.

I am a severe case, and will be left with consequences like chronic tinnitus and Hyperacusis but I still need to get them out to give me a flighting chance at dealing with the rubbish it has landed me.

I would live to know if all these modern diseases are connected to mouth metals, also if the increase in Alzheimer's years down the kind is. But nobody studies these things.
Coincidentally, my grandparents both started developing Alzheimer's at age 40 and used aluminum cookware exclusively. No Alzheimer's before or after that in family along with no one else using aluminum cookware. I hate to draw a definitive conclusion but...
I think that is a pretty well known thing about aluminium cookware and Alzheimer's Vicki.

That is why years and years ago they started to coat a lot of things in Teflon so the cooking surfaces were not next to the aluminium. I remember my late Mum talking about it.

Most cookware is now stainless steel or other metals, ceramic is probably best.

These implants have done enormous damage to my health. As well as whatever the future might hold. I will be dealing with chronic 24/7 tinnitus which is a symptom of advanced heavy metal poisoning and some people kill themselves with.

Also it means the past 12 years of Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, insomnia may have been totally needless. My family had to live with the downsides of theses conditions and I told meds for them for 12 years which may have been unnecessary. All because I didn't want a denture.

I know I would make different decisions on this if I had my time again.
Hi Nemesis! I'm so sorry for your situation. I'm going trough the same disaster :( Can I ask you please who diagnosed you with Hyperacusis? This's just what I have too but I didn't know the name of it before you mentioned. I've googled it  
"High-pitched sounds can be felt as 'a nail being driven into the head' and low-pitched thrumming 'like sandpaper moving across the brain'."

Thank you!

Ann
Is there any chance or hope that eventually the metals can be flushed out of your system with detox and your conditions improve?
I've got no idea, I'm trying but having gad four out I actually seem worse.
I now have cranial parathesia, as well as the chronic tinnitus and
Hyperacusis I also shake in the way that someone with Parkinson's would.
I'm not convinced I am gong to get better, I think 12 years with these and ending up with 9 of them just didn't suit my body (understatement ) I am only 4'11" tall with size 3(36) feet small hands etc. maybe there's can tolerate multipule metals but my immune system has no doubt been fighting with them for years and finally collapsed under the strain

I have had to put off getting the next two taken out as am too unwell,
I diagnosed myself. It often comes hand in hand with tinnitus. tinnitus is a symptom of metal poisoning.

Hyperacusis is explained quite well on the web. But basically you will find normal everyday sounds intolerable, cutlery, crockery, traffic, kettles, doors squeaking, mobile phones going off etc.

An ENT or tinnitus clinic should give you an official diagnosis
So sorry to hear it is such a struggle for you, I hope things get better. I've been having some real problems the last few weeks, just now getting to the point of seeing some holistic/integrative dentists and doctors to get the silver fillings out of my mouth and start detox, it appears things are still way out of wack with my system. Not nearly as bad as I felt when I had the implant in, not even close, but still there's some definite issues, most likely metal and/or mercury related.

Best of luck with things, I know as well as probably almost everybody else here knows that feeling of moving forward with all this stuff partly because of not feeling like you have a choice--the quality of life is so poor, we have to do what we can instead of just standing still and doing nothing, the status quo is not acceptable.
Thanks rowdybuddy. I am in a very bad place with this as even after I get rid of the metal I will be left with the permanent damage of tinnitus and Hyperacusis which are life changing conditions

I am also full of guilt for not realising that these metal implants were what was affecting my health over the years, as once I got the Fibromyalgia and migratory osteoarthritis diagnosis I put everything down to those conditions. But I now surmise that all along it was the implants that were causing the inflammation. If only I had realised sooner.

On reflection I had other issues like I never felt I could breathe properly, although obviously I was breathing, I had a permanently stuffed up nose and lost the ability to blow my nose, even had my septum straightened to try and sort that but it made no difference.

I have five upper implants. I'm hoping if I have them removed that at least might resolve provided they don't ruin my sinuses on removing them.

I am disgusted with myself for being so out of tune with my own body.

I know my life will never be the same again as before I started putting all this metal in my mouth:-(

I wish you well
Thanks. I don't think you should beat yourself up over not realizing sooner your implants were the cause. I think everybody has experienced the same thing. The first thing that doesn't make sense is the symptoms don't start right away, they take awhile to set in, which makes it hard to tie it to the implant to begin with. Then once the thought occurs, it seems crazy, so you keep ruling it out. And as you search for info, there's almost none out there, and every single doctor will tell you it's not the implant. I am now running into the exact same issue with detox and mercury removal.....although it seems there is more info and more people aware how important those things are......but you do have to look at the holistic/biological/alternative/integrative medicine fields to find people who realize the problems with mercury are real and how delicate the detox is. The establishment is sweeping it all under the rug.
The best part about these issues is that the human body has an incredible ability to heal itself - including detox itself. Once the offenders are removed, there can be a final large exposure that makes you even more unwell but if you support your bodily systems then you can heal. Ask someone to help you stay on a healthy diet and remind you to take your supplements- the worst part about being sick is you don't have the energy or fortitude to keep on keeping on. Once you tip the scale in your body to the HEALING side you will start to get better. And after feeling so terrible for so long even small improvements will be large wins and fuel the will to get completely well.
Best of health.
Well I hope you are right Vicky as at present I am extremely ill.

My head is like some kind of weird pressure cooker and I can smell burning and have a,l sorts of other weird symptoms. I think the metal has passed the blood brain barrier I honestly don't think I will ever be the same again, and so far I have only had four out.

Anybody who does this should get professional help to dettox
Viewing 1401-1494 comments: