Allergy Community
titanium/vanadium/aluminum dental implant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 1201-1216 comments:
If anyone wants to post any of this on http://www.ei-resource.org/ you are welcome to do that - makes for more awareness, it comes up quite high in google searches ;)
I've had dental cavitation treatment with ozone injections for several weeks. It did not seem to help, unfortunately.   Also have gone gluten free, dairy free, sugar free with little difference in my bothersome symptoms. But I did feel better with less bloating! Fortunately for me, I do not suffer from MCS.  That must be so very challenging.

Interestingly, my ND just ordered me a nasal spray (VEG spray) from a compounding pharmacy.  It contains EDTA to break down biofilms and 2 antibiotics.  One of them is very 'ototoxic' (damaging to the ears) so the pharmacist replaced that with difulcan as an antifungal. This spray is doing something in there that no meds have done!!!  I can literally feel and hear something sizzling in my sinus, skull and face.  My tinnitus is quieting down and there is an odd smell in my nose, like chemicals and garbage (gross I know!).  I have some mild flu-like symptoms.  I hope this means my immune system is fighting for me.  I wonder if the spray is helping to dissolve that cyst over my implant.  I will keep you posted!
oo that is interesting, never heard of an antibiotic nose spray, or an antifungal one come to that.  Yes keep us posted.  I'm off to my GP next week as it happens due to sinus infection I've had for 7 weeks, soon as I stop the salt washes it's back with a vengence..was going to ask if there's such a thing as an antibiotic nose spray!   I can't tolerate oral antibiotics or oral antifungals,  both send me into shock, but topical stuff not so bad.
I met a friend yesterday who lives abroad and I see only once a year. She couldn't stop commenting of how different, healthy and energetic I looked this summer. And with a different, much healthier skin colour. The last time she saw me I still had the implant.

I am posting this because I am so sick of the doctors, who were saying that I was imaging it and that my symptoms were due to stress, age, menopause beginning (at 39?!!!) or another illness, but not the implant.So, no, I didn't imagine or fake the fatigue, headaches, panic attacks and the general sense of feeling weak, sick, and slowly poisoned. It took me years to convince myself and a doctor to remove the nasty thing. The medical community has a lot to learn.
Anyone with complaints or problems with their dental implants should call the FDA to provide that information so there can be documentation of those issues. Were you warned not to use fluoride because it corrodes the implant? Let the FDA know your health issues that you experienced after the implants.
Phone for FDA consumer complaints of FDA-regulated products (includes dental implants) here: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ConsumerComplaintCoordinators/ucm2008077.htm

I saw an ENT who said that my developing tinnitus 3 weeks after getting a titanium dental implant was coincidental and the implant had nothing to do with 24/7 ringing in my ears. I have no doubt a doctor will tell me the joint pain I developed 7 weeks after getting the implant is also coincidental.

It's fascinating how many people have similar symptoms after implants and they're all "coincidental" to their recently getting implants. BS.

I was in very good health before the implant, now I'm having health issues. I'm not risking my health further and will ask the surgeon to take it out.

Shameful. Titanium putting people's health at risk. My mother's surgeon for her hip plant said they used to have many issues with titanium hip plants and that's why they switched to ceramic hip implants, which don't' produce the problems titanium did.

Everyone don't use fluoride toothpaste! It will corrode your implant and send titanium leaching into the body. Many published studies on this.

Removing metal from mouth helps many. Study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12500173

Hello!
I'm just jumping in this but if anyone can give me any info?! My brother got several surgeries (spine and knees) almost 2 years ago. He has been having severe health issues since then. I'am desparately trying to find a Dr. in the US who specializes in metal allergies. If anyone can give me any information or references, I would be extremely appreciative! Thank you!
The Environmental Health Center in Dallas can test for metal allergies.  You can also look into the Melisa test or a lymphocyte transformation test from Orthopedic Analysis.  My experience is that even with a positive test from Melisa or Orthopedic Analysis the dentists would sooner wipe their behinds with the test results that believe the implants are contributing to ill health, especially if it looks like a surgery could possibly leave you worse off.    

Your brother may be able to take injections to desensitize himself to the titanium, or the implant may have caused "implant syndrome' where the implant serves as the tipping point at increasing other pre-existing sensitivies.  The Environmental Health Center in Dallas has a protocol for that.  I have not been there myself, but have read about it.

I had a dental implant in May of this year and it took me 4 months to realise the correlation between my declining health and my implant.
My symptoms were/are sore chest muscles/intercostals (I was diagnosed with costochondritis and anxiety through this period as doctors did not know what was wrong with me), anxiety,foggy brain, sensitivity to light/music, sore/stiff legs and arms, fatigue, back acne and most frightening a tremor that goes from my jaw and spreads to my arm. The tremor only developed after the crown was placed (the combination of cobalt chromium and sealing the implant was the straw that broke the camels back). I had the implant removed last Tuesday (23 Sep 14) and felt almost immediate relief.
One week on and I am feeling about 70% better. The tremor has subsided but is still present.
It is difficult not to get overly worried about these symptoms as googling them leads to all sorts of scary conditions such as Parkinson's and MS.
I know some people have had success post implant removal but I was wondering if anyone could lead me through a time line of their recovery so that I can know what to expect without freaking out and before I bombard the doctor again to make her test for  what could be possible long term side effects from the implant.
Any help would me much appreciated.

It sounds like your are feeling much better already!  From what I understand it is a build up of toxins that is causing trouble.  Have you tried supplements such as liposomal glutathione from Readisorb and timed release vitamin C?  There are other detoxing supplements you can read about as well.  
I have been helped quite a bit from using an infrared sauna (Therasauna), and sitting in the sun 20 minutes per day to help reset the immune system.  It all is a matter of decreasing the total load of toxins your body has to deal with and assisting it with the detoxification process.  
Please can I have the name of this oral surgeon Thx. Karen
I need the name of a good oral surgeon in New york to remove my implant. The 3 d scan shows the implant is only 2ml away from the nerve and zi could be left permanently numb in my mouth from the removal
it's starting, folks! melisa medica foundation facebook;leading  implantologist of more than 50 yrs standing, dr jean paul davidas admits he's seriously concerned that metal ions from implants can cause serious health problems. this in an interview to dental tribune magazine.I wonder if he'll set up a fund from his ample profits over 50 yrs poisoning patients to compensate them for the stress+ suffering they endured? 3months after having all mine ripped out my asthma is slowly loosening up, but I still haven't recovered all my strength.I'm doing the dr robert  morse detox with graduates here in england of his detox school, herbs, raw fruit, veg +juices to get my lymphatic system moving.friend of mine, not english, inquired if I'd got all the plutonium out of my teeth yet!
FINALLY! This needs to become public knowledge!!!!!
This thread honestly saved my life in my darkest times and has encouraged me to really speak about my experience with as many people as possible. It has resulted in 5 people, through friends and friends of friends tracing their unexplained illness/depression/fatigue to the source- their mental implants.
I have unexplained high blood pressure but also with mercury present.  I am health freak and a pro--obvious eating al the right things and eating taking the right supplements.  Anything that is a net stressor on the system can and is likely to increase bp.  I was desensitized to the allergy of the titanium--but the negative affects of the implant are with me after eight years of bad health despite respites of good health that did not last.

My bio dentist now agrees with me and rejected the opinion of another bio dentist in his same office that advocated immediate removal of the implant.  By ART--it is hurting me in unknown and substantial ways.

I surely hope I can remove it without shattering my jawbone.
Mine came out easy after 4 years. You just need to fine the right surgeon.
Trying to do the surgery asap.  My life has been a wreck since it was installed.  I need all the help and info I can get re the device you describe--by upper jawbone is very delicate and one fears it will crack--it is close to the sinus joint and bone grafts will be required--where do they get the bone?  From my mouth?

David
Hi Terry
Have you started a blog? I am really interested in this and would be happy to contribute.

No time to start a blog just yet, though one is desperatly needed or a website. Its on my to do list!
Hello natslondon,

I am just about to have my implant out. Could you tell me more about how it was for you? Did it go easily? I have mine in since March 2014, having several symptoms 4 days after the implant was put in. I had strange dizziness, head symptoms and imbalance towards the left side where the implant is actually. Here in Hungary the dentists and surgeons try to frighten me, that it is so complicated to bring it out, and also denying that it can be from the implant. They simply do not want to have this case in their clinical record. Please tell me how the removal was? If they do not do it here for me, I am prepared to go to England.

Thank you so much!
Hi Terry,

Ahh, it is good to hear about cases where the implant came out easy. I have the feeling that the dentists and surgeons try to frighten me here in Hungary, so that I would decide not to do it, so that my case will not be in the clinical medical record...
Could you tell me which tooth it was?
Mine is upper left 5th.
I would love to find a good surgeon.

Thank you!
I had two a back tooth and upper front right. It is crucial you have someone remove it that is confident and knows what they are doing.
Hi. I had mine removed by the dentist that put it in. He had never taken one out before and was hesitant as it has fused to the bone. It came out very easily and other than some pain for a week after my mouth has healed completely.
It's the neurological side effects that I am struggling to get rid of.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.
I found the neurologial issues took some time, but did resolve with healthy living and detox habits.
Terry
Now I have the Neuro saying that I have occipital  neuralgia, which I guess is in line with all the inflammation that I had due to the allergic reaction to the metal.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I try to stay positive but it feels like every few weeks I just crash!
Can't help the mind wondering into dark places and thinking it is something else.
But the metal makes all the sense!
Hi could you place message me the details of your dentist. I am in the same problem, I haven't spelt for 3 nights use to the pain and dentist says he cannot do anything and I have to wait. Am in tooooo much pain. Finding a good dentist is very difficult. Please help me
http://www.robertgammal.com/OtherPages/Implants.html
http://americasimplantdentist.com/dental-implants-dangerous/
I am getting my implant out next week!  I returned to one of the 4 oral surgeons who saw me last spring and he agreed with me, that if he had to live with the symptoms I have been putting up with the last few years, he would probably want to try getting it out as well.  

He makes no guarantees that I will feel better, but at least he is going to give it a try.  My dentist was so happy to hear this.  I had some other dental work done this week and my dentist wanted to see if my metal crown over the implant might have been contributing to my symptoms.  With my permission, he took off the crown.  Now all I have is the abutment sticking out.  Unfortunately, it did not improve things.

I am going to use a kit from Dental DNA to test the tissue and saliva near the abutment to see if there are any pathogens that might be keeping me ill. It tests for over 90 viruses, bacteria and fungi.  I also have a homeopathic doctor/dentist who is going to concoct a remedy for me using the extracted implant following the surgery to help me to heal.  After going through this all these years, my mind is more open to these types of interventions...

I will be sedated for the procedure.  The oral surgeon said he will use a type of drill that goes around the implant making it easier to come out.  He feels it is likely I will need a bone graft to repair the hole in my sinus this is likely to create.  I have a large cyst directly above the implant, which seems to penetrate into my sinus.  Praying everything will go smoothly.  I will keep you posted!
What a wonderful thread this is! I have also been trying to find a reason for fatique, brain fog and other symptoms and only now I realised that this may have something to do with my titanium implant. I had a bad gum infection about a week ago and then realised that the gum in front of the implant has been "eaten" so the screw is quite clearly visible.

I had my implant installed about 12 years ago so it's been there for a long time. I was considering changing it to a zirconia implant, but so you think it'd be better just to have the implant taken out and leave it like that? One doctor said he could take the titanium implant off and install a zirconia implant at the same time (if bone graft is needed). Would this sound like a possible and good method? Or is it better to have the implant taken out and let it heal properly?

I've also read about a specific tool for removing the implant, does anyone know about that? Dr. Kazemi has some videos about this so I was wondering if this would be the best way to get the implant out? I don't mind traveling to US if this is needed for the safest possible opration.  

I wish I wrote down the name of the tool, but the oral surgeon who is going to do my implant removal said it is like the miniature version of a tool that is used to put a door knob in a door.  It makes a hole around the implant so it is easier to get out.  I hope it is simple and not complicated.  It is 2 days away so hopefully I will be writing with good news soon.  
Hi, there is a fairly new tool out to remove implants now. It has been in use for a couple of years. If you look up osseonews website and click shop it is featured. It unscrews the implant a bit like reversing a screw out of wood I think. The idea is not to remove any bone only implant. I have implants I would like removed finding someone to do it is the problem!! I follow dental xp forum and they are always saying ' back the implant out with the removal tool' but this an American site and I am in the UK. I have had my implants for 13 years now and have massive bone loss and gum loss but the b things wont fall out!! Years ago implants were trephined out but things have progressed lets hope this new tool becomes standard procedure for easy implant removal. I think it may be called the Neobiotech removal tool.
Thank you for your messages! I think the Neobiotech removal tool is indeed the name of the tool, although there may be other similar ones as well. There's a dentist in Bulgaria, who obviously does this. You can find his contact info from CeraRoot's web page. I may also send the info in a private message if needed (I don't know it's allowed here). I would assume that there would be someone in UK, but I don't know. I also know that Dr. Kazeemi does these in the US.

But what do you think, is putting a zirconia implant still a risk so would it be safer to just leave the place open? This would mean the risk of bone loss (due to no exercise to the bone) and teeth shifting, but at least there wouldn't be an implant for the body to reject.            
So obviously no-one has opinions about whether it'd be better to put the zirconia implant or to leave the place open? I know this is a difficult question and I'm sorry to get back to the topic with another post.

I'm just trying to make the right decision this time and I really don't know where to search for more info, as I've already spent a lot of time by going through different sites.  
I was having trouble logging in as usual! I had two zirconium placed and am very happy. You will most likely need a bone graft before it can be placed. Feel free to message or email me.
How are you doing?!
Hi, I am not sure about everyone else but for me personally I think it depends a lot on age, finances and the worry that it may all go wrong again. I was told the implants would not cause any pain and last a lifetime. Titanium that is. I am in my mid 60's and to be honest going back to an upper denture after 13 years of problems would be a relief. Now that is just my view and I know I would not take a chance again. I hope you make the right decision for you.
Thank you so much for your mails terrybrown 12 and lyndhurst76!  Did you have titanium implants at first or were the zirconia implants the first ones you got? If you had titanium implants first how were they removed? Did the dentist use the specific tool for that?

If I do need a bone graft I'll have some more time to consider putting the zirconia implant in. I mean I would need a few months to get the area healed before I could consider a new implant.

But if it is possible to put a zirconia implant immediately after removing the titanium one I wonder if an immediate replacement would be a better option? Would this possibly avoid the need of bone graft? Or would it be better to fill the hole and let it heal before another implant? I'm thinking that with good luck it might be possible (at least in theory) to use the new tool to get the old one out and then just stick the new implant in and let it heal. Of course that's the ideal movie version, real life may be another story :)  
Hi, if you check the thread my entire story is on here. :) Best to not try to place the zirconium till there is nice strong bone. We tried that for one of mine and it failed.

Thank you again! Yes, I read all your posts in the first three or four pages of this thread and it gave so much helpful info! I will continue reading this thread, I'm planning to start from the beginning, but with over 1200 replies it's gonna take some time :)

In one of your messages you mentioned that you got a very informative reply from your dentist to the arcticle you sent him and that you'd be ready to send it if someone is interested. Do you still have that reply and would you still be ready to do that kind of a service? Would we need to exchange private messages to get each other's email addresses?

After reading your messages I think there's quite much in common between our cases. I used to be a healthy guy, doing great socially and career-wise, but during the last decade a lot has happened in that sense. I've also never given up and have been doing my best in life, but it sure is different with something like this. I've also been researching a lot and have been following a candida diet for about a year and it has helped quite much, but it's still a long way to go.

I started to think what's happened during the last ten years or so and I'm pretty sure my problems are a combination of the following things:

1. Lots of mercury ingested (especially 11 years ago before having an implant installed)

2. A titanium implant (11 years ago)

3. Candida

I have been trying to deal with candida, but it just leaves me so tired. I've read that candida binds a lot of mercury so killing candida may make the mercury poisoning worse. That's why I think the correct order is to get the implant out, then do chelation and then keep on dealing with candida.

You also said your bine graft was done with a 100% biocompatible material, may I still ask what this is? Thank you so much! I'm really glad to see you're feeling much better, I'm also on my (slow) way and determined to share my good news here in a year or two :)  

Hi, I got your message. Would you kindly send the above message to my email terrybrown12atAOLdotcom
Much easier to respond to you there.
Thanks!
I had my titanium implant removed on Jan. 12. The oral surgery went well and I have had no complications or problems so far with the post surgery healing.  I wish I could report that my symptoms have all disappeared, but unfortunately, they have worsened.  The tinnitus is louder and the burning and tingling in my skull and face are more pronounced, but I think there is a lot of inflammation in there so I need to give it some time.

I wish I could give you all better news, but I am not sorry I did this.  I think in the long run, I will feel good about getting that metal out of my jaw bone and so close to my brain.

I had the implant analyzed by Dental DNA and 3 different bacteria were found as well as candida! So the post above mine is very well timed!  I will write again to update you all.  Hopefully with good news!  I got a bone graft but luckily, the surgery did not create an opening in my sinus, which we feared.  I don't plan on doing anything to replace the implant in the near future.  Probably never!

Hi dear Ones!

Finally, I have found someone to take out my implant in Salzburg. The surgeon, to whom I was taken by a friend, was even excited, because they have just received this new drill going around the implant. Bluebird22 was also mentioning this. I am having my operation on the 10th of February (upper, left, 5 tooth). By the way, I was also glad to see, that here they did not fight with me at all, it seems like that they are accepting these kinds symptoms related to titanium dental implant..my dizziness, panick attacks, weak left side where the implant is... Now there is a new term in dentistry, he said: EXPLANTATION. Oh, I will let you know how it went!Keep your fingers crossed. I am already thankful for another Austrian Homeopathic doctor, who had started working on my symptoms two months ago, although they did not disappear, but at least I have the strength both mentally and physically for the operation. :)
Hi!

I have just posted on the wall...having my operation on the 10th of February.
Will be back afterwards....I am so grateful for this forum! Love to you all!
Happy for you Leela!!!
Bluebird, I feel strongly you will improve with time. :)
I cannot express how thankful I am for this entire thread. It really changed (and saved, in many ways) my life.
It is also so good to see how in the last few months the change in approach of dentists and the industry as a whole. My neurological symptoms have subsided and I am ready to get back into shape and fighting fit.
I will keep checking back here and I am keen in perhaps writing an article just to get this information out further.
Those that are still suffering- stay strong, it takes time
Viewing 1201-1216 comments: