Alzheimer's Disease Community
early sign of dementia or drug interraction?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

First of all my biggest fear in the world is getting Alzheimers. So with that being said here is my query.
I am not a big drinker at all. Maybe 4 glasses of wine a week, 2 at a setting. I also take Celexa 20 mg and Klonopin prn, but only use that whenever I have panic (every 14 days or so) The Celexa works.  I am 64, work full time, and for the most part I think my memory is pretty good.

I went to dinner with some friends after taking a Klonopin .5 mg, and had 2 glasses of Merlot. I had a lovely time, A week later, I saw a guy in the diner who said hi, and he knew me. Said he had met me that night at dinner and we chatted, I pretended to know him because I did not want to appear rude or look odd/ I did ask him where he worked and he told me and I had a vague recognition of that topic.

That scared the beJesus out of me. Should I be worried? Was that a blackout from mixing the two drugs, or is this a warning sign that I could be heading for dementia. My doc never mentioned not to have a drink when taking Klonopin. There is no dementia in my family by the way.
hi, really dont think ita Dementia at all, it could be you just forgot i do that myself.  and if this is the only thing that has happen than i would not worry about that. does it run in your family?

it runs in mine and i do a lot of stipud stuff that i forget about , but after i think about it i remember i did it , dr says if you can go back and remember it than its not alz/dem  its just life is so busy we forget things. i would ask your dr but pretty sure they will not be concerned about that one time. now if things keep going on like thast than yes be checked out. hope you have a great weekend and awesome thanksgiving.