Anal Cancer Community
Anal Cancer ???

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Anal Cancer ???

For about 2 years I have had a gelatinous discharge from my rectum.  Along with pressure and pain.  I sometimes can not urinate unless I put pressure on my rectum or partially stand.  I also have blood when I wipe.  I will have gas, but it's not like normal gas.  Sometimes with the gas the jelly substance comes out or small amounts of fecal matter will just slide out of me.  I have been researching and I am so fearful it is anal cancer.  The pain is so bad I can not sleep some nights and I have back pain on my lower left side during the night.

Any help would be geatly appreciated.  I've pretty much resigned myself that whatever it is is serious and I won't live to a ripe old age.  Which is sad in a country like ours that I can't get medical help because I have no money.

I am not afraid to go to a doctor.  The only reason I haven't is because I don't have any medical insurance.
Lack of insurance need not stop you from getting help.

If you are in severe pain....a hospital will see you ....this happened to a friend recently.  He was diagnosed and treated for several days...no insurance.

His primary symptom was severe pain.

Turned out he had a perforated area of the colon...managed with diet and antibiotics.  He is working now and has insurance.  Will get a colonoscopy and make decisions about what he wants to do then.

Best...