Anal Cancer Community
another part to my story to help

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

another part to my story to help

I think it only happens when my stool is hard so what could it be please help me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the bleeding occurs when the stool is hard, its most likely to be due to Haemorrhoids (piles). Piles or haemorrhoids is nothing but venous plexus (network of veins) in the anal canal, which, due to hereditary predisposition and constipation are enlarged and are dragged down, towards the anus. The first step towards therapy would be to combat constipation, which is done by drinking plenty of water, like doubling your usual intake. Adding a lot of fiber rich food in your diet like green, leafy vegetables and bananas. Consuming only whole grain cereals like rice or wheat and avoiding refined carbohydrates. Regularly exercising, as this helps in bowel movement.

But if constipation is still not relieved, then a laxative can be used temporarily. For permanent cure, techniques like injection of sclerosant, banding, photocoagulation or surgery are done, depending on the degree of hemorrhoids. Here, a General surgeon will help you by examining you and may do a proctoscopy to determine the degree of hemorrhoids for planning management.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.