growth around the anus
i have about a penny size of growth around my anus that looks like it has a tail, is not just 1 solid growth. it does not hurt or bleed. i am embarassed to see a colorectal dr. pls advise. thanks!
Hi there,

As an anal cancer survivor, I know how embarrassing it can be to have a problem in the anal area. Two things are important to consider: 1) Knowing what your growth is and having it removed will calm your mind, and 2) going to a specialist will give you the best chance at getting a correct diagnosis.  

I urge you to see a colorectal surgeon; a biopsy is needed to determine what kind of growth you have.  Some specialists can tell from a glance what growth is.  In my case the surgeon who saved my life, found a genital wart on first exam. So I am biased toward getting to the doctor who is familiar with benign and not so benign growths in anal area.

Maybe you could get a friend or family member to accompany you for exam.  That helped me.  It is hard I know to face up to this kind of issue.  Remember, these specialists have seen it all:); are highly qualified and experienced with feelings that always accompany exams.

Good luck.  Message me anytime if I can be of further help.