Aneurysm Community
12 yr old daughter just diagnosed with Aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

I got a call from school April 19th saying there is something wrong with your daughter. She had visual distortion, numbness in her left arm and left side of her face, problem speaking and confusion.  We took her to the ER and she developed a terrible headache.  She has been having headaches in her forehead(where they found aneurysm) for over a year and I have taken her to the dr, twice.  The MRI in ER came back Neg and so did all test results so they sent us home but headache continued since, along with nausea, and extreme fatigue.  She has been back to school twice. We have done eeg with a spike in left brain activity & just got MRA test back today showing aneurysm in communicating anterior artery.  We have an apt with neuro surgeon in the morning but I am a nervous wreck.
Could she have had a blown or leaking aneurysm already and that is why it's only 2cm now? Wondering if I should admit her tonight?  Thanks for any help!
Based on the experience my wife had 18 years ago, I'm guessing that a small leak might have occurred.  I would have expected a CT scan would have been done or possible a lumbar puncture to determine if blood was in the brain.  My wife had a rupture of the right ACOM also.  The right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body so it appears likely that something occurred on that side.

It will be up to the ER to determine if she should be admitted.  The Neurosurgeon will have a few options to treat your daughter including coiling, clipping, stenting, or glueing.  What should ease your mind is that this was caught in time before it ruptures more fully.

Good luck and God Bless!