Aneurysm Community
Symptoms of Abdominal Aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Symptoms of Abdominal Aneurysm

I have a dull, penetrating pain in my left flank. It started last night and was severe enough that I could not sleep. It did wax and wane over the night and continues to do so today.
I constantly switch positions trying to get comfortable. It seems to be very full on that flank rather than the right flank. And I can kind of feel my pulse in my belly. I am 50 and male and a non smoker.

My question is, if you had an AAA, did the pain come and go somewhat?
I had an AAA repair this past summer and I don't want to scare you, but I had absolutely no pain. Aneurysms are known as one of the "silent killers" because there is USUALLY no pain unless they rupture.

I discovered mine one night when I rolled onto my left side and could feel my pulse beating very strongly in my abdomen.

Long story short, Sean, the next morning I was on the operating table. My aneurysm did not rupture which they said was something of a small miracle.

I don't want you to be frightened, but I would strongly urge you to see your doctor immediately and have this checked out. If an aneurysm DOES rupture, it is a high level medical emergency and you don't have much time to get the help you need. Please play this one safe and see your doctor STAT.
I wish you the best!
RubyWitch