Aneurysm Community
small aortic aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

small aortic aneurysm

Hello, I recently went to the doctor and he said that I have a small aortic aneurysm. I am a 25 year old female. The doctor ordered a Ecocardiogram and I am waiting for the results. However, he didn't tell me when I should make a follow up appointment and it looks like he forgot that he said that I have it. I am curious to know how long it usually takes the ecocardiogram usually takes to analyse information and what is the best course of action to treat what I have. I also found out that a great uncle of mine had an aneurysm behind his heart and died from it. Could this be a coincidence?  I am a little scared because I don't what to do. I am going to start POPs because I have heavy menstrual cycles, where I literally throw up. There is also a history of thyrodism in my family.  Can I take aspirins? Any help would be really helpful,

Thank you very much.  
It doesn't take long for an echocardiogram report to come back.  I would call the doctor's office to make sure they have the report and to see if this same doctor wants to see you about it or if he is going to refer you to a specialist.  The size of the aneurysm will need to be checked every so often.  If you have high blood pressure, that will need to be controlled, because high blood pressure can make the aneurysm grow.  At a certain size, surgical repair is needed, but your aneurysm may not be anywhere close to that size.  There shouldn't be any problem with your taking aspirin.  I don't know if there will be any problem with your taking POPS, so make sure the doctor who prescribes the POPS knows that you have an aneursym.  Aortic aneurysms do run in families.