Anyone feel weird ALL THE TIME?
Hello everyone,
Just want to know whether anyone else here feels strange 100% of the time? I know that when you have panic attacks you can get numbness and tingling and headache......... but i seem to have it most of the time, pretty much all day. I just feel like im in a dream all the time, im scared all the time, does anyone else get this?
I took myself into ER earlier today in the hope that someone could help but they didnt even examin me, they just said to go home and calm down, why cant they just reassure me? Am i really going crazy?
Thnks again.
Hey guyz,I tink prayer goes a long way in battlin panic,anxiety,etc n also u fast alongside wit prayer.I had panic attack,an am glad to tel you all dat I neva used any medication n its workin out fine for me,I waited on God,committed myself to prayin,I prayed very hard,prayin wit evri part of ur money also helps cos at d time u are prayin,u dnt give any panic,anxiety a thot,afta prayin there is a relief,it goes on and on til it finally fades out.God is d greatest physician,am not sayin u shudnt on meds,it also helps,bt while you are on meds n therapies,dnt forget to include prayer.wish u all d very best
Feeling "strange, not with it, day dreaming, unreal like in a dream" is called derealization. It is very common within people who suffer with anxiety. And the only way to overcome it, is to accept these strange feelings. Your brain is doing this as it cannot cope with more worry and stress. And the more you stress the more it will stay around. Take it from someone who suffers from it. A blocked nose is a symptom of a cold, this is simply a cold of anxiety. And the more you just think ya know what who cares if I feel wierd and not there because nothing ever happens anyway, the quicker your brain will realise you don't need it there. Buy a book called "at last a life" by paul david. Helps me so much and I would highly recommend it!! Hope this helps xx
that is exactly how i feel, its so scary... is there any type of medicine u take? when did this first happen? do u have hope it will eventually completely go away 1 day?
i am 17 i have had this weird feeling on and off since i was 13, it has only gotten severe when i was 13 and now again.. i feel soo weird noone understands i cant even explain it to my doctor.. its the worst feeling in the world like u cant think right and its been going on for the last 2 days. im on medicine and hope it gets better.. does anyone else know how i feel.like your not in control of your body . the feeling is so bad and it came about after i smoked weed and never went away:( its scary. does anyone understand? i feel like my life is over:( and ill never feel like i once did
Man I'm so glad that I'm not the only person that feels this way. Reading that all of you go through the same thing as myself is very reassuring. Thank you guys for sharing.
looking for that book now!

I feel and felt the same before i think its when your not feeling fullfilled. The thing is somethings we need to accept that our lives are not always going to be fun great exciting and also sometimes we will have long periods of happiness and some long of saddness. Maybe seperate all the different areas of your life and rate each from 1-10 the areas your least happy with work on and then hopefully you will naturally realise these things actually make you happy... nothing can ever take your happiness away, its within you, just do the things that bring it out more ;)
I am 15 and I've been fine my whole life but just two days ago I was texting in class and my phone rang cause I left it on high by accident and ever since that day I've felt like I have been loseing my mind and stuff I hate it ... Please someone help I'm only 15 and ugh I don't want to live like this :'(
Hey everyone, my names Matt and im suffering from this aswell! Mine started a day before new years eve, never had a panic attack in my life until then and its ruined me up until now, i know i will get better because people you got to understand its all in our minds! its messed up, but we can beat it! just dont give up ever! i suffer with really bad OCD'S, haha a funny one is i have to wash my hands every night before i go to bed, then i try not to touch anything before i get into bed or i got to wash them again, anyone else have that :L but with my anxiety its like my tounge feels swollen all the time, feels like i cant breath properly, feels like im not hear and nothing seems real (this is de-realisation). If anyone fancys having a proper talk about it all message me on my email ***@****, im 20 myself so i know what its like to have this when your in your late teens :( we cant give up people! we need to keep fighting!
Am 17 and I and I have all of these things for 5 mouths  
I am very glad I'm not alone. Just recently I started to feel really dizzy. It was like my vision was messed up. I was afraid to leave the house because I didn't want anything to happen to me. I finally went to the doctor and my blood work came back normal. He just said my cholesterol was a little high and my vitamin D was low. So I've been watching what I eat and taking vitamin D3 everyday. Also have been experiencing some teeth problems so I'm constantly in pain. Being a hypochondriac I always though the worst. My girlfriend has to reassure me constantly that I'm not dying and that I don't have a brain tumor or anything. My grandma died because of a brain tumor so I guess subconsciously I've always been afraid to die that way. And then I started to get dizzy and my vision was messed up and I just automatically assumed the worst. Also, Googling stuff on the internet does not help at all it just makes it worse. Maybe I'm just making myself feel this way because I keep thinking about it. But as of now I'm unemployed and I am constantly in the house watching tv or on the computer. So I don't know if maybe I'm dizzy because I've lost contact with the outside world. I forgot how it feels to be out and be a normal 23 year old and it really *****.
I have had health anxiety my whole life! I am always making symptoms bigger and scarier.  My latest is that I got vertigo ( Dizzy) in yoga while lying flat on my mat
Let me know what all of you think! Yhanks
Hi bobby, I have been feeling this way for the last couple of weeks.  Along with these sensations are also nausea and I just don't feel good AT ALL.  You did a good job describing it though, it does feel like drugs or alcohol even if you're sober and have nothing in your blood stream.  I kind of feel dazed, you?
Email: ***@****
I am a severe hypochondriac, worrying all the time about every single symptom that I have. Drove me nuts. Spoke to a web psychiatrist through this clinicalfellows.com site, and it actually helped. This female doctor gave me insight into my feelings. Hopefully what she said will last!
Hello all,
Give EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) a try. ;).
Love u all.
Yes.  When I'm not sad, I have my moments of happiness even giddiness.  Then it turns to anger about those who've hurt me in the past.  Then I get truly uncomfortable, feeling like I don't have a place in the world and that I'm the weirdest freak who ever walked the earth.  It's all just a trick of anxiety.  I was verbally abused by an Aunt growing up(she still does) aand always made to feel like I was a villain, even though I was a good girl.  I was never as good as her daughter and as far as she's concerned, I never will be. It's the anxiety itself.  
Hi: Your definitely not alone. I feel exactly the same as you.I use to love my job and was very content with my home life. Woke up one day and doc told me I have anxiety and treated me for depression even though I wasn't depressed still not depressed. I walk around alot feeling numb and out of sorts,I've tried everything exercise,yoga just keeping busy to no avail. I don't know your whole situation but for me you see I can't afford a therapist so I have to do this without alot of help.I've done and still doing recognitive therapy but not finding it helps alot. I hope you have better luck finding help whether its medicated or by therapy. I'm gonna keep an eye on this site because sometimes I feel like I'm losing my marbles
that's funny, i'm 17, i've had it since i was 14. & i've read stories from people who are 30 & have had it for 20 years. age really isn't a factor when it comes to this ****.
Hi everyone -

We want to remind you to speak with your medical providers before trying any technique recommended by someone else.  Some things may work well for some, and make things worse for others.

This thread is closed.

Thanks,

Emily

******************************* CLOSED THREAD  ***************************
                                NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE
i have had these attacks for 20 years now they are awful but what you got to realize is thats its only a scary feeling though your whole body and i have had a million of them and havent died yet lol so i just try to do something relaxing and not worry mine started at 15 i was sooo scared i thought i was gonna die i am 34 now and still havin weird scary feelings  so just remember you gotta hurt to die not have scary feelings hope this helps you bless you
WOW I am it the same vote I'm not anxious all the time but my anxiety symptoms are with me all day every day.

I have had so many test done on my head heart stomach it is not funny and its cost me allot of money all to find out I'm in pre much good health other then a few lil things that will not kill me.

I just have a hard time with the symptoms as thy do not let up thy are with me when I'm in a good mood bad mood it doesn't matter and that makes me think that there is something more than anxiety wrong with me
hi im 22 an was suffeeing so bad with anxiery an depersonalization its so so scarey an i was terrified until i came across a website called anxietty no more by paul david it has helped me soo much im not 100% there but getting there if anyone would like more info my email address is ***@**** or just look up paul david he has a book to good luck :)
As I'm reading these posts ... I'm reliving my experiences.

Anxiety and stress are horrible.

I would suggest those that are suffering from dizziness and nausea and things to have an MRI and check for Chiari malformation.

I had 3 MRIs (spanning 10 years), all showed chiari but not until last week did a neurosurgeon diagnose me.

If you're anxious about the MRI ... Here's words of encouragement. I was terrified. I had mine at hoag on their ESPRIT (sp?) machine.

I requested their largest one.

I've had the smallest hole MRI and a total open MRI.

The large hole MRI I just had was very very comfortable. I took 1.5 mg of Ativan an hour before.

When they put you in the tube, you don't even go in waist deep. I could feel the opening with my hands and see out easily.

The stronger the magnet (3Tesla up to 10 Tesla), the shorter the procedure. Mine was 25 mins.

I was terrified before. Relieved when I saw the machine.

Anyway ... Just a note to encourage those who aren't getting answers.

I had my PCP tell me for years it was just anxiety. While anxiety is contributing, maybe it's the chiari causing my symptoms?
hi i m alison i have had anxiety for over a year now does anyone feel strange i feel like i am going nuts with it can anyone help please .
did you do anything to help with the depersonalization? I feel like im suffering from that but i'm not sure. it's making me confused depressed i just dont feel like me i dont even know who i am anymore it gets so bad. i function normally but my head NEVER feels normal from dusk to dawn im sick of it. i feel like im slowly dying.
I also feel like I'm going to die at least 1 time throughout the day... crazy cause I'm on elevil as Lexa pro had to many side effects. But now I see a therapist who has me believing I can beat this thing called anxiety. It's OK to take aantidepressants I hate being alone stay at home mom. Worst fear having a seizure or stroke and no one there but my kids and me.
I feel the same way like I thought I was going insane but it really helps knowing there are other people who feel this way. Its really rough constantly having the feeling of death. But does it get any better in time?
do you ever feel like your shaking or a pain in your head and a warm feeling in your chest,then it feels like your hearts about to stop and it feels like something hot dripping off of it
This sounds so much like what I have been going throw for a year.
I'm scared so much of the time of random things. Are you still having yours or did you find out a fix
Sounds like me, I've been to heart doctor he says I'm fine, gp says I'm fine. But I'm not, I just don't feel right and I'm freaking out over thoughts of bad things happening. I take Ativan to stop it, but I'm taking everyday. Cause I can't stop them by myself. Help
Yes, I am 52 years old and had that feeling after smoking pot when I was 18 years old.  It always comes back it different times of my life and really hard to beat.  I am going through it now again. I found that Lexapro in the past has helped me, but now I am not able to take lexapro due to it causes vaso constriction in your brain I had to go off of it.  I would never smoke pot again it ruined my life by knowing this unreal feeling. I am currently taking Klonipan at night only 2 night on it. Makes me tired all day and I feel no betther. Just praying this feeling will go away. Good luck to you, and it's definitely an anxiey thing happening.
hey I've been feeling really weird for about 4 months now it all started towards the ending of June when I got really dizzy. My dizziness lasted about 2 weeks during that time my girlfriend gave birth to my daughter on July 2nd. I also lost my sense of taste for about a week and a half. Since then I went to the doctor to get my ears cleaned out (had a lot of impact wax) that was probably causing my dizziness. For the last 4 months I've been battling day and night with a feeling of being detached from myself also feels like I'm walking around 24/7 in dream world. It really ***** cause I feel like my daughter never really got a chance to meet her father the fun wacky loving person I was before all of this. also I have strange thoughts that I'm losing control like I really flipped my wig I know its ridicules but sometimes these symptoms does get the best of me. Will I ever get my old self back???
also been having a very bad memory and difficult time concentrating on simple tasks and having a conversation (maybe cause my mind is also running wild at all times). I also was in a car accident 2 weeks prior to my symptoms didn't hit my head but body did jerk with the impact
i  have this problem i think we should biuld a community of people like us and help each other out my skype id is  dougle10 come on skype we will talk about this
Hi. Im curious as to how you feel now after all these years since you posted this comment?
How do you feel after all the years that have passed  since you posted this?
me too. i have the same problem as you.
i cant control my emotion just when someone affected something on my mind i will suddenly change my motion but badly i almost change the my emotion in the bad way. i dont know either, but i always feel bad all the time D:
I meant I never look back and proud in my self i almost upset with everything such my self or something surrounding me, my social, my friends even the family.I always feel worthless. I have no spirit in my life. I dont know what i really want in my life and I dont know what to live for.
Meditation can help a lot .You don`t have to be into buddhism. With meditation you sit in a quiet spot and try to just think about one thing.If it is a flower just close your eyes and just think about that one thing and all the good things about it .Buddhist philosophy is also good and calms the mind.

hi, im 42 and been experiancing the same! its so terrifing and i cant switch my head off. it happens anytime in the day but i get really scared at night and in bed.i look at things in my bedroom and i will be scared of them for no reason,have wierd thoughts or like you i think im going mad and then terrified im loosing control of my own mind.it just runs away with me.i see shadows on the walls at night and all of a sudden i have a surge of wierdness and feel scared and a wierd thought will just pop in my head.then it escalates and im looking at everything and it looks strange,its like nothing looks normal,or real!!! its exhusting especially been on my own i get so scared.i even grap hold of my daughters teddy and repeat her name to try and ground myself and feel normal again. i lost my husband to cancer very quick last year,and he died in my arms.the doctors have said its server stress,anxiety and post trumatic stress disorder. i just wish i felt normal and pray it will go,but it gets better for a few days then it comes back. your not alone,lets hope one day it will pass,as this is a terrible ,scarey thing to go through...
I known what you mean its ***** really bad don't it ,my god heal you and set you free of them problems and fears
I am new here, but so glad I found yall.  I have been reading posts and I am glad to know I am not the only one.  I have been having headaches for almost 1 year, progessively getting worse.  I finally went to the doctor and he put me on Methocarbamol and Meloxicam together.  After 2 days of taking them,  2 hours after taking another dose, severe panic set in.  It lasted off and on for 24 hours.  I called and he reduced the dose by more than half.  2 hours after meds again, a panic / anxiety attack happened.  this one less severe, but still 24 hours long.  I have stopped the meds, but am just not back to normal.  head in a fog, just dont feel right.  sometimes I feel as if my body doesnt belong to me. some nervousness and anxiety I think,  I feel like I just cant shake this.  As long as I stay super busy, I feel somewhat normal, but the moment I slow down its back.  I havent been able to work or concentrate and I do feel like I just cant live this way the rest of my life.  Does this sound like an anxiety issue continueing or am I loosing my mind??  p.s.   the bloodwork, ct scan, etc. says Im fine.   PLEASE HELP.  
I am feeling funny on my inside... like i cant feel anything inside of me. Like i am Empty
I have been fighting this for three years.I have constant vision problems weird body feeling burning inside my head headache s heart will race some but not much I won't drive unless my mom is with me I'm on Xanax 1 mg three times a day doesn't do crap for me I have spots that go numb my tongue especially I never go to bed at r wake up with out feeling this Dr is at a loss for me I have had blood work twice eeg cat scan all came back normal I can't take this any longer
I'm leaving it up to god.will be asking for more test though when I go back to Dr in November
I went through this last year. It took a whole year for it to go away!! What I did was started taking paxil and taking liberties with social issues. It will go away, say strong.
Episodes of a (or even a constant) weird dream-like state can be caused by temporal lobe epilepsy. Luckily, my mom had these same type of seizures I did, and I start telling her about them as soon as I had the vocabulary to describe it and was medicated for it by the age of 14. My mom, though wasn't diagnosed correctly until her early 40s and, because of the lack of treatment, now has several severe autoimmune diseases and all sorts of other medical conditions that have taken over her life. Temporal lobe epilepsy can also cause all sorts of mental, physical, and emotional effects that can be easily misdiagnosed by even the best psychologists and doctors.