Anxiety Community
Anyone feel weird ALL THE TIME?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Viewing 201-277 comments:
ive had the same sort of problem not with the cops but the whole weed thing. i use to smoke 5 to 6 times a day and i use to sell plenty of bud. but my coaches found this out and could tell becuase i was winded before we even did anything. so i quit for about 2 months  then it was 420 and i couldn't say no so i smoked for the first time again and a while after i had my first panic attack i was freaking out because i never really got nervous in my life or had bad anxiety, so this was all new and suddenly i felt distant from the world i got really warm and lightheaded and felt like my heart was going to stop or my throat was going to close up or some **** and every since then ive had bad anxiety over random ****. and haven't been able to smoke since its a shame. like ive always been a loud and and confident speaker im always talking and shooting the **** and now i have problems speaking in front of people and presenting a project. your not alone buddy i know plenty of ppl with this problem but know one likes to bring it up. dont forget you only live once so make the best of it.
I understand as well. First of all, I am happy, then all of a sudden I feel angry at the world amd that I dont feel I fit in n e where. Not to depressed or suicidle. Just confused by what is going on with myself. I cant keep jobs cuz of these random feelings and I regret it when its said and done. It is very hard to explain.... Is this going on with n e one else.?
Someone email me with help please ***@****
When I was having tons of panic attacks back to back, I never felt totally normal in between. I think it was like depersonalization or derealization, or both, like my senses were all on high but my body was numb. It would get better when I was sleepy, so I slept a lot then. Otherwise, I felt very, very strange sometimes which caused me to become agoraphobic on and off for years when it would get bad. I have never understood it, to be honest. But it's a really weird, real problem. It's exactly how I feel still during the peak of a panic attack. Only before, it was kind of persistent. I don't feel like that anymore though, but it took awhile. It was very scary. I talked to myself a lot to tell myself that it was just a mental misperception, which kind of helped.  
Some one help me please. I am only 15 years old and for the last 2 weeks i have had a really sharp pain in my head and no pills can help it. Also for 4 day i have been feeling really wired as if i was in a dream and im not here and no one can hear me it comes and gose in the day but it freaks me out so much and i feel like im going to die please help please xx
Iam 13 and i fear i have anxiety i feel the same exact way. but no seizures but wentheres flashing lights i feel Like in about to pass out or i get tired of dancing at parties. I have to ask my frends to turn those flashing lights down. Andd I feel wierd when theres loudddd music. Ive never tooken medication for this because i dont talk about it but i only told my doctor about it she said im fine and just gave me allergy Pills. Im afraid inot gonna be able to make it to 30 either. I am an african american and indian.
ohh and my head hurts alot and the only thing that doesnt have me depressed all the time is school and The computer. And sometimes parties. whch i dont go to Much(parties).  I just want to feel like i did wen i was 7 I am scared and i cry at night. I Want this thing to be FIXED NOW!!!!! =...[
Hi i also take xanax nd  have been told to let it dissolve under tongue does it work the same as swollowing it cuz i need relief asap thank u
for the past 7 mouths i just feel real strange like im in a dream its really weird feeling and scaring me i feel like something up with its im tired all the time even when iv just woke up and im always falling asleep at like 3pm 5pm then waking up at like 5am still tired the feeling is like im pissed everyday or high i dont do drugs i dont drink my life is great i have to kids and a wife ..then this started and na i just giving up and everything why this problem i just want to feel normal again help .
im the same as you i dont want any drugs . do you feel any better i still feel strange as **** its scaring me like hell
you are not the only one, somthing is happening to people of this time and it seems to be world wide. the world as we know it is about to chnge and we can sense it.
you should def tell your mom i have the same problem and was not sure of what to do but after talking to my dr he said its is anxiety and perscribed cymboltia so im hoping that will help i to feel wierd all the time an feel like i am in a dream so dont worrie you are not alone
Those symptoms sound exactly like when I get low blood sugar (I'm diabetic). Maybe it's hypoglycemia?
i also have really bad anxiety, and panic attacks. i'm always having this feeling that i am going to have a seizure, does this mean i'm going to? why do i keep having this feeling? can anyone answer? I'm so scared!
dear all i am 35 years old and for the past year and a half my life has been a mess,
It all started from a food poisoning situation , and ever since then all sorts of fears started comming up. at the beggining i a was afraid to be left alone, i was afraid to drive any where outside the boundaries of my town.... and then i got worse i started thinking i was going to go crazy loose control , become sczisophrenic, i was afraid i was going to start seeing and hearing things that were not there ... and many many more irrational fears and thoughts ... then i went to see a phyciatrist and he has prescribed seroxat and i was taking that for a year... it made me feel a lot better but i have gained a lot of weight, and after a year that i ws feeling better i have decided to stop it , 2 months after stopping it everything has become a lot worse than it was before  , i have again lost my sleep i wake up 2 -3 times every night , i have weird thoughts , i feel afraid of everything , i can't even look at things because i am afraid i will think of something weird , and that causes me a lot of upset , cause i think i am loosing my mind,  i am facing a constant anxiety all day to the point that last week i had to go on trip abroad and i got off the plane because i could not deal with the fact that i would have been somewhere on my own abroad just in case something happened , i look at objects and i am afraid i will start thinking weird stuff and i cause my self a lot of fear and grip , i am at work and i can't concentrate because i am in constant fear that i might think see something weird please help ....
Thank You, I am  new to this site. I started havibg anxiety attacks about a month ago. I believe its from some of my Meds.
I also have copd with only 28 percent of my lungs left..
I have been praying so much , to our lord and the Virgin Mary..
It is scary to get those attacks, MY Dr prescribed Lorazapam , it helped.He said I shouldnt take it every night, so I didnt take it last night. I had a terrible night, no sleep, and scary thoughts, I thought  I was going have a heart attack..  My best to you.   Nancy37
I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER, I FEEL CURED !!!!!!

BEFORE YOU READ ON.... PLEASE READ MY POST OF NOVEMBER 14TH 2011 (UKJENP).  THANKS, NOW READ BELOW.

In the first week of January (2012) I was on holiday in Queensland.  There was a local weekly market and at the market I found a lady that did iridology.  I decided to have a sitting (15 mins).  It was amazing.  Straight away she asked me if I had anxiety.  One thing led to another and I agreed to go for a full treatment a few days later for an hour.  I went to the treatment, my husband came with me.  Here is a link to her website http://www.johnsonstressrelief.com.au/ Her name is Helen Johnson and she explained to me that what I have is called "Adrenaline Addiction".  She  explained to me that I was breathing form my chest and not my stomach, she taught me how to breath from my stomach and we did some breathing exercises.  I KNOW THAT THIS SOUNDS SO SIMPLISTIC AND ORDINARY...... BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SAY I HAVENT HAD AN ATTACK SINCE THAT DAY.  I HAVE HAD SOME SYMPTOMS BUT AS SOON AS I FEEL THEM I IMMEDIATELY CONCENTRATE ON MY BREATHING AND REALX AND DO MY BREATHING EXERCISES THAT SHE TAUGHT ME.

Two days before I met Helen I had an attack in bed just prior to going to sleep.  I felt awful, scared, hopeless and completely helpless.  My husband was asleep beside me but I knew that there was no point in waking him up as he cant help me.  He sympathises but doesnt know what to do.  Now we are both so happy that I have found a solution, a cure.  I feel free and in control for the first time in years.  I know that the attacks cant control me anymore as I know how to control them.  I have won.  I am the victor and my life feels wonderful.  

PLEASE CONTACT HELEN VIA HER WEBSITE FOR HELP.  I DONT WANT TO RISK EXPLAINING THE TECHNIQUES ON THIS FORUM AS I AM NOT THE EXPERT.  YOU NEED TO BE RECEIVING THE SAME EXPERT ADVICE THAT I DID.

DONT DELAY, IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU EVER DID.

GOOD LUCK.......... ITS TIME TO BEAT THIS THING !!!!!!!!!!
i have had that prob for many years .i have horrid thoughts before anything has happend and i hate it i always worry about my boys and they have both left home .  i cant explain how i feel i think it is anxiety .i do feel better some of the time .but it rears its ugley head again . you have to try and think to your self its not worth panicing until somthing happens . i always ask god to keep them safe everyday . but you must try hard to keep your mind at peice as i have found out it does make you ill try medetation . hope this tells you your not alone .
its anxierty with out a dout .i have had this for many years .you can beat it with help good help .i never got that .
i feel the same way!! ive just turned 17 and i am so worried about my heart all the time especially at night i can feel my heart beating through out my whole body im always scared to go to bed cause whenever its just me alone i start thinking about things and thats when my heart rate starts to increase for no reason. sometimes i feel like im not even on the earth or in my body anymore it feels like im in a video game sometimes its so stressing.. i just recently got back from a rehab because i told my doctor i took Robutussin DM to get high and that was the first time i had gotten a panic attack because my heart rate that night was 155 but i had been taken Robo for a while for a high before that attack ever happened and my heart rate never went up.. i had even taken a higher dose too! but ever since that night ive been having these panic attacks.. my heart rate would all of a sudden shoot up to 133's and the doctor put me on metoprolol and it has been helping me but at night i have to watch TV so i wont get distracted in my mind.. now my chest has been aching and my arm has been having pains.. i dont know if its anxiety or my heart but ive had plenty of EKG's and XRAYS and theyve told me everything looks fine.. that DXM will screw with you.. NEVER take it!!

i think that robutussin DM caused it.. but please tell me what you think ?
Thank you , I have been asking Jesus every night and day to help me. And he has, And I also have been asking Virgin Mary to be with me and and she has calming me alot..
My Dr put me on a low dose of Lorazapam. I am going try to stop taking them this week.  Wish me luck, and a prayer wont hurt either..
  Thanks, Nancy
Thanks,
Ive been doing that, But I like the way you worded it.
  Thanks Nancy37
Thank you,
I will go to that website  later.
I was also told to do   pursed lip breathing, last week  by my Dr's nurse
Until later...  thanks.
Nan 37
I feel that exact way!  I've always had anxiety problems but recently I just moved into a weird house and the week after I moved in I had a horrible nightmare. I'm not talking about one like some random bad event happens or some monster is chasing you, it was insanely worse then any dream I've ever experienced, and honestly I haven't been the same since. I can't sleep right, my vision is the same as yours, and my sense of being. like when I look in a mirror I see someone I've grown to know as me, but that's not what my heart tells me, I feel out of place emotionally and physically. My hands are constantly shaking a little and it gets worse in correlation with how scared/worried I am or how bad I feel. My breathing is very hard to control, if I don't monitor it it becomes so light to the point that I even question if I am breathing in the first place. I can't get the tension out of my body no matter how many relaxation techniques and yoga I do.
I have this all the time.  I have heart PVC'S  so I am being tested to make sure that this isn't causing this.  But I am so stressed most of my day , that it works into my heart palpatations, then I feel like I can't breath.  I wish there was a quick fix because it really does ruin your life.
I discovered that coffee drinking in even minute amounts causes anxiety and so I stopped about a week ago and feel so much better! My vision is better too! I'm more relaxed, have more energy, and feel much less stress over small and big things alike. I see also that my thoughts are not gloomy, and my feelings of apprehension have diminished. I feel socially more outgoing and confident. So there, after years of wondering why I was feeling anxious, I have found the reason.  
I know how you feel! I have these same feelings everyday of my life. I remember how things use to be before anxiety and now i feel so different. I feel like I'm trapped and i can't get out. I have had anxiety for over 1 year and i still feel like weird.
hey i did the same thing and i have the same exact symtims as you!!! please tell me what you did to get better!!! i feel like im going insane and im scared to tell my parents about it
A horrible feeling that comes in waves that you can't even describe is so descriptive if you know what I mean.  I have such weird symptoms in my head.  Sometimes it feeels like everything has stopped or I get a jolt or get dizzy and always scared stiff.  
YOU KNOW IM 39YRS OLD AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING ALL THESE SYMTOMS (symptoms), BEEN IN HOSPITAL FOR A FEW DAYS AND IVE HAD NUMEROUS SCANS, MRI, CT, XRAYS, BLOOD WORK..YOU NAME IT IVE DONE IT.. ITS A VERY WEIRD FEELING AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH IVE LIVED WITH THIS FOR THE 8 TO 9YRS, MY NEUROLOGIST, DOCTOR, ETC... HAVE TOLD ME NOTHING!!!! IM STILL THE SAME WAY AND THE FEELING IS DAY AND NITE, EVERYDAY.. FEEL COMPLETELY WRONG, OFF I WOULD SAY.. FEEL LIKE AT ANY MOMENT MY BODY S GOING TO GIVE UP.. GOOD LUCK... HOPE ONE DAY ILL KNOW SOMETHING.. BE GOOD
Hey guyz,I tink prayer goes a long way in battlin panic,anxiety,etc n also u fast alongside wit prayer.I had panic attack,an am glad to tel you all dat I neva used any medication n its workin out fine for me,I waited on God,committed myself to prayin,I prayed very hard,prayin wit evri part of ur money also helps cos at d time u are prayin,u dnt give any panic,anxiety a thot,afta prayin there is a relief,it goes on and on til it finally fades out.God is d greatest physician,am not sayin u shudnt on meds,it also helps,bt while you are on meds n therapies,dnt forget to include prayer.wish u all d very best
Feeling "strange, not with it, day dreaming, unreal like in a dream" is called derealization. It is very common within people who suffer with anxiety. And the only way to overcome it, is to accept these strange feelings. Your brain is doing this as it cannot cope with more worry and stress. And the more you stress the more it will stay around. Take it from someone who suffers from it. A blocked nose is a symptom of a cold, this is simply a cold of anxiety. And the more you just think ya know what who cares if I feel wierd and not there because nothing ever happens anyway, the quicker your brain will realise you don't need it there. Buy a book called "at last a life" by paul david. Helps me so much and I would highly recommend it!! Hope this helps xx
that is exactly how i feel, its so scary... is there any type of medicine u take? when did this first happen? do u have hope it will eventually completely go away 1 day?
i am 17 i have had this weird feeling on and off since i was 13, it has only gotten severe when i was 13 and now again.. i feel soo weird noone understands i cant even explain it to my doctor.. its the worst feeling in the world like u cant think right and its been going on for the last 2 days. im on medicine and hope it gets better.. does anyone else know how i feel.like your not in control of your body . the feeling is so bad and it came about after i smoked weed and never went away:( its scary. does anyone understand? i feel like my life is over:( and ill never feel like i once did
Man I'm so glad that I'm not the only person that feels this way. Reading that all of you go through the same thing as myself is very reassuring. Thank you guys for sharing.
looking for that book now!

I feel and felt the same before i think its when your not feeling fullfilled. The thing is somethings we need to accept that our lives are not always going to be fun great exciting and also sometimes we will have long periods of happiness and some long of saddness. Maybe seperate all the different areas of your life and rate each from 1-10 the areas your least happy with work on and then hopefully you will naturally realise these things actually make you happy... nothing can ever take your happiness away, its within you, just do the things that bring it out more ;)
I am 15 and I've been fine my whole life but just two days ago I was texting in class and my phone rang cause I left it on high by accident and ever since that day I've felt like I have been loseing my mind and stuff I hate it ... Please someone help I'm only 15 and ugh I don't want to live like this :'(
Hey everyone, my names Matt and im suffering from this aswell! Mine started a day before new years eve, never had a panic attack in my life until then and its ruined me up until now, i know i will get better because people you got to understand its all in our minds! its messed up, but we can beat it! just dont give up ever! i suffer with really bad OCD'S, haha a funny one is i have to wash my hands every night before i go to bed, then i try not to touch anything before i get into bed or i got to wash them again, anyone else have that :L but with my anxiety its like my tounge feels swollen all the time, feels like i cant breath properly, feels like im not hear and nothing seems real (this is de-realisation). If anyone fancys having a proper talk about it all message me on my email ***@****, im 20 myself so i know what its like to have this when your in your late teens :( we cant give up people! we need to keep fighting!
Am 17 and I and I have all of these things for 5 mouths  
I am very glad I'm not alone. Just recently I started to feel really dizzy. It was like my vision was messed up. I was afraid to leave the house because I didn't want anything to happen to me. I finally went to the doctor and my blood work came back normal. He just said my cholesterol was a little high and my vitamin D was low. So I've been watching what I eat and taking vitamin D3 everyday. Also have been experiencing some teeth problems so I'm constantly in pain. Being a hypochondriac I always though the worst. My girlfriend has to reassure me constantly that I'm not dying and that I don't have a brain tumor or anything. My grandma died because of a brain tumor so I guess subconsciously I've always been afraid to die that way. And then I started to get dizzy and my vision was messed up and I just automatically assumed the worst. Also, Googling stuff on the internet does not help at all it just makes it worse. Maybe I'm just making myself feel this way because I keep thinking about it. But as of now I'm unemployed and I am constantly in the house watching tv or on the computer. So I don't know if maybe I'm dizzy because I've lost contact with the outside world. I forgot how it feels to be out and be a normal 23 year old and it really *****.
I have had health anxiety my whole life! I am always making symptoms bigger and scarier.  My latest is that I got vertigo ( Dizzy) in yoga while lying flat on my mat
Let me know what all of you think! Yhanks
Hi bobby, I have been feeling this way for the last couple of weeks.  Along with these sensations are also nausea and I just don't feel good AT ALL.  You did a good job describing it though, it does feel like drugs or alcohol even if you're sober and have nothing in your blood stream.  I kind of feel dazed, you?
Email: ***@****
I am a severe hypochondriac, worrying all the time about every single symptom that I have. Drove me nuts. Spoke to a web psychiatrist through this clinicalfellows.com site, and it actually helped. This female doctor gave me insight into my feelings. Hopefully what she said will last!
Hello all,
Give EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) a try. ;).
Love u all.
Yes.  When I'm not sad, I have my moments of happiness even giddiness.  Then it turns to anger about those who've hurt me in the past.  Then I get truly uncomfortable, feeling like I don't have a place in the world and that I'm the weirdest freak who ever walked the earth.  It's all just a trick of anxiety.  I was verbally abused by an Aunt growing up(she still does) aand always made to feel like I was a villain, even though I was a good girl.  I was never as good as her daughter and as far as she's concerned, I never will be. It's the anxiety itself.  
Hi: Your definitely not alone. I feel exactly the same as you.I use to love my job and was very content with my home life. Woke up one day and doc told me I have anxiety and treated me for depression even though I wasn't depressed still not depressed. I walk around alot feeling numb and out of sorts,I've tried everything exercise,yoga just keeping busy to no avail. I don't know your whole situation but for me you see I can't afford a therapist so I have to do this without alot of help.I've done and still doing recognitive therapy but not finding it helps alot. I hope you have better luck finding help whether its medicated or by therapy. I'm gonna keep an eye on this site because sometimes I feel like I'm losing my marbles
that's funny, i'm 17, i've had it since i was 14. & i've read stories from people who are 30 & have had it for 20 years. age really isn't a factor when it comes to this ****.
Hi everyone -

We want to remind you to speak with your medical providers before trying any technique recommended by someone else.  Some things may work well for some, and make things worse for others.

This thread is closed.

Thanks,

Emily

******************************* CLOSED THREAD  ***************************
                                NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE
i have had these attacks for 20 years now they are awful but what you got to realize is thats its only a scary feeling though your whole body and i have had a million of them and havent died yet lol so i just try to do something relaxing and not worry mine started at 15 i was sooo scared i thought i was gonna die i am 34 now and still havin weird scary feelings  so just remember you gotta hurt to die not have scary feelings hope this helps you bless you
WOW I am it the same vote I'm not anxious all the time but my anxiety symptoms are with me all day every day.

I have had so many test done on my head heart stomach it is not funny and its cost me allot of money all to find out I'm in pre much good health other then a few lil things that will not kill me.

I just have a hard time with the symptoms as thy do not let up thy are with me when I'm in a good mood bad mood it doesn't matter and that makes me think that there is something more than anxiety wrong with me
hi im 22 an was suffeeing so bad with anxiery an depersonalization its so so scarey an i was terrified until i came across a website called anxietty no more by paul david it has helped me soo much im not 100% there but getting there if anyone would like more info my email address is ***@**** or just look up paul david he has a book to good luck :)
As I'm reading these posts ... I'm reliving my experiences.

Anxiety and stress are horrible.

I would suggest those that are suffering from dizziness and nausea and things to have an MRI and check for Chiari malformation.

I had 3 MRIs (spanning 10 years), all showed chiari but not until last week did a neurosurgeon diagnose me.

If you're anxious about the MRI ... Here's words of encouragement. I was terrified. I had mine at hoag on their ESPRIT (sp?) machine.

I requested their largest one.

I've had the smallest hole MRI and a total open MRI.

The large hole MRI I just had was very very comfortable. I took 1.5 mg of Ativan an hour before.

When they put you in the tube, you don't even go in waist deep. I could feel the opening with my hands and see out easily.

The stronger the magnet (3Tesla up to 10 Tesla), the shorter the procedure. Mine was 25 mins.

I was terrified before. Relieved when I saw the machine.

Anyway ... Just a note to encourage those who aren't getting answers.

I had my PCP tell me for years it was just anxiety. While anxiety is contributing, maybe it's the chiari causing my symptoms?
hi i m alison i have had anxiety for over a year now does anyone feel strange i feel like i am going nuts with it can anyone help please .
did you do anything to help with the depersonalization? I feel like im suffering from that but i'm not sure. it's making me confused depressed i just dont feel like me i dont even know who i am anymore it gets so bad. i function normally but my head NEVER feels normal from dusk to dawn im sick of it. i feel like im slowly dying.
I also feel like I'm going to die at least 1 time throughout the day... crazy cause I'm on elevil as Lexa pro had to many side effects. But now I see a therapist who has me believing I can beat this thing called anxiety. It's OK to take aantidepressants I hate being alone stay at home mom. Worst fear having a seizure or stroke and no one there but my kids and me.
I feel the same way like I thought I was going insane but it really helps knowing there are other people who feel this way. Its really rough constantly having the feeling of death. But does it get any better in time?
do you ever feel like your shaking or a pain in your head and a warm feeling in your chest,then it feels like your hearts about to stop and it feels like something hot dripping off of it
This sounds so much like what I have been going throw for a year.
I'm scared so much of the time of random things. Are you still having yours or did you find out a fix
Sounds like me, I've been to heart doctor he says I'm fine, gp says I'm fine. But I'm not, I just don't feel right and I'm freaking out over thoughts of bad things happening. I take Ativan to stop it, but I'm taking everyday. Cause I can't stop them by myself. Help
Yes, I am 52 years old and had that feeling after smoking pot when I was 18 years old.  It always comes back it different times of my life and really hard to beat.  I am going through it now again. I found that Lexapro in the past has helped me, but now I am not able to take lexapro due to it causes vaso constriction in your brain I had to go off of it.  I would never smoke pot again it ruined my life by knowing this unreal feeling. I am currently taking Klonipan at night only 2 night on it. Makes me tired all day and I feel no betther. Just praying this feeling will go away. Good luck to you, and it's definitely an anxiey thing happening.
Viewing 201-277 comments:
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...
1 hr ago
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status