Anxiety Community
Body Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Body Twitching

Does stress and anxiety cause parts of the body to twitch?  At various times,  my legs, arms, back,  and even chest muscle will twitch. This happens to me everyday for the past month.  The twitching is similar to the way that one's eye would twitch under stress except that it is happening to other parts of my body.

I have been battling an on-going sinus infection.  

Should I be worried that these spasms and twiches mean something more serious?  Possible nerve damage???
YES YES YES...Anxiety definitely does this! I too suffer with anxiety and this is one of the many symptoms that annoys me the most. I twitch in the legs and chest area as well, but the most aggrevating to me is the Right Temple (area) Twitch, I can't stand it sometimes! It does go away however, for example, right now it has subsided for 2 weeks now. Don't worry, it's not likely to be nerve damage, I visited my Dr. because of this and she mentioned that twitches are almost always harmless unless associated with pain and etc. This is just another to add to the horrible lists of anxiety symptoms. Take care, you'll be fine! :)
Thank you for the support!
yes definately! get it in my arms and back all the time! its like my muscles are constantly pulsing dont think its anything to worry about though, i  just attribute it to the anxiety!
forgot to mention, i have problems with my sinuses aswell
FYI: I have also been having certain spasms in my head!  Like I could feel a nerve jumping in my head.  Anyone feel spasms and nerves in their head/face?  
I have been getting a lot of tension headaches for about a month now.

Last night,  I started to see a strange light,  like when someone takes your picture and you see a flash afterwards,  and this only happened in one eye.  Not both of my eyes.  Just one.  It stayed for about 2-3 minutes and then went away.  Every time I moved my eye I could see this light.  Should I be concerned?

Last week,  I rubbed my eyes because they were itching and when I was done rubbing (not hard rub) I saw a bunch of brightly colored specs and squiggles.

My health history:  Been battling a sinus infection for 6+weeks.  Have stress and anxiety. Get random headaches (GP says that I am suffering from tension headaches). AND LOTS OF BODY TWITCHES.

Also, is there a difference between pulsing and twitches?
Blessedtb23 commented on Long standing dry mou...
Things Killing Your Gut
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
Frankieimarks1 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker