Feeling Surreal and Depressed
At this point im starting to feel derealization and depersonalization...Its been non stop for about a week now and im having a hard time shaking it off...I feel jello like and I get dizzy when im around a lot of people, this is something i havent experienced yet in my 3 months of dealing with GAD...Ive been tested for just about everything physically and I checked out fine...Im scared and dont know how to handle this, I want to carry on with my life but it feels like its impossible at this point...Im 21 years old and I live my parents cuz I can't support myself with this anxiety its driving me insane...Life doesn't seem to matter to me anymore, everything is boring and mundane...Ive lost interest in friends, family, hobbies, college etc...Im waiting on DSHS to give me financial support so I can be evaluated and possibly get on medication but until then what are my options for coping with this monster...Im so worn out by this its tearing me apart I feel numb all over

Thx for reading
Any feedback would be appreciated
Wow...u sound a lot like me in the beginning of my nightmare with Anxiety...my battle's been going strong for almost a year now and I quote "Strong" because within time, it's improved tremendously on it's own. (Believe it or not). Till this day I still get spells here and there: Shortness of breath, unbalanced feeling, distorted vision and the list goes on but the only difference bwtn. than and now is that now these spells are short lived and they're not as scary as they were than. Don't get me wrong...I sometimes find myself slipping and thinking "what if" but I step right out of that and reassure myself that Anxiety is truly the culprit of it all.  I had 3 main hospital's, 1 clinic, 3 physchotherapy experts, my primary Dr. and a host of friends and family...assuring me that it was just Anxiety and it will not and cannot hurt you. Sooner or later I had to start listening....:)

I know u must feel like "why me"? or this is never going to get better...but it can and it will, but it starts with u. Medicine and Therapy are supposed to be great combinations to start with..it will help to build you're confidence in knowing that the symptoms are truly a false alarm and your body's way of coping with stress. I personally never took meds for help...I decided to rely on talk therapy, self help books (which really brought me a long way) and support from family and friends. I too wanted to give up but it was so easy too. The best thing that I could have ever did to help myself was get back to work, plan family trips and outings and overall, try to go on with my life because it's not over. Like many said here...the first step is accepting the Anxiety diagnosis and trust me, I know that is far from easy....so don't worry how long it takes to fulfill that, as long as u make an honest attempt. You'll be fine!

If you ever want to talk or share experiences, please feel free to connect with me...It's so great to have someone there who knows how you're feeling.

Yatta...
I have been feeling the same thing for about 2 months now i smoke weed about 3 months ago and i my anxiety has been acting up since. ITS HORRIBLE I KNOW.... i thought it was depression until i found out about derealizaton... im 15 years old and i know how hard it can be im still trying to find help.  have one question does it affect your memory because my memory hasnt been good since, i will pray for you, and don't worry if you ever need to talk PM me anytime.
My short term memory has been affected a little bit but after a while i can remember...I think it has to do with me being distracted by my symptoms
hi yatta.

Were you able to get rid of it? I am feeling the same way too. could i have your email addresses please anyone? I just want somebody to talk to about this.

Thank yoo,

Cha