GAD or Anxiety NOS
What is the difference between GAD and Anxiety NOS?

I've had symptoms that could fall under acute stress disorder, panic disorder, general anxiety disorder, and depression.  Sometimes the symptoms can fit in one catagory and then switch over to a different catagory.  For example, in the past I've had frequent panic attacks throughout the day.  Overtime, I've found triggers (more trivial than life threatening) for some while others just happen.  Majority of the symptoms began after 2 years of profound stress.
Doesn't really matter.  What matters is not so much the category as the fact you're suffering anxiety and depression together, which can be tough to treat.  These categories were created more for insurance reimbursement and pharmaceutical company patents than for actual treatment.  If you're not doing it already I'd find a psychologist who is experienced with anxiety and find out what he or she thinks is the best treatment option.  That's a good place to start.
Thank you for your reply Paxiled.  I've sought treatment for a while now and my anxiety and depression can be somewhat managed with what I've learned through CBT.  However, the physical symptoms seems overwhelming at times without meds.  Looking back at some of the EOBs.... it seems to depend on which doc I'm seeing as to what they have dx.  It left me a bit confused as to what do I really suffer from?  Seems like a combination of all of the above and current stress level.... more stress more symptoms.

I'm curious, why is anxiety and depression together difficult to treat?