Anxiety Community
MEDS

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

MEDS

JUST WANTING TO ASK ANYBODY OUT THERE IF THEY HAVE ANY GOOD RESPONSE'S TO EFFEXOR OR IS IT A BAD MED? THANKS ANY STORIES WOULD BE GREAT ON THE MED JESSICA X
My aunts on that stuff, and says it works good for her. She has panic attacks, not 24/7 GAD, but still.
These kind of meds work different for everyone, so its basically a tossup.
Im on prozac, works alright but I think it does more harm then good, but others find it useless, and others find it a Godsend
what do you mean by you think it does more harm than good, and which med are you talkiing about when you say that, effexor or prozac?
I meant my medicine Prozac, gives me high blood pressure. And trying to come off it is hell
I heard good things about Effexor though, My aunt takes it, works great for her
I think the SNRI's work better for anxiety and panic attacks.  Effexor xr worked great for me, but did cause some insomnia.  I take Celexa now because I have a generic prescription plan. It's ok, but I take a low dose of Klonopin twice a day for the actual panic attacks.  Haven't had any in awhile.
i hope you don't think i'm being stupid when i'm asking you this question but what are SNRI's? thankyou
Selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.
usually works on both chemicals norepinephrine, and serotonin.
SSRI works on mainly serotonin.
From what Ive been seeing, SNRIs are usually better for anxiety, and  SSRIs are more for Depression.
Or there all just a bunch of Placebos with side effects
I know what SNRI's are.  It was jesslea asking me what the diff was.  Thanks for your response,though.  I coudn't have said it better myself!  As you can see from my post I agree with you about SNRI's being a good choice for anxiety and panic disorder.  Norepinephrine has more to do with the famous fight or flight response and adrenaline when you don't need it.  For me Effexor worked great for anxiety and I had no trouble tapering off of it.  Did have those sleep issues, but I have them with Celexa too.  Good luck Jess!
Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
Shane1997 commented on A very inspiring colu...
Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms