Prescribed Klonopin
I suffer from GAD and Panic Attacks.  I currently take 40 mg of Celexa, and was prescribed Klonopin to take as needed if my anxiety or panic becomes unmanageable.  I've taken Xanax a few times in the past and it seemed to work really good.  I would take one .25mg dose of Xanax and that seemed to be enough.  My Klonopin prescription is for .5 of Klonopin up to 3X a day as needed.  If .25 of Xanax was enough....should I start out with .25 of Klonopin on the onset of a panic attack or my anxiety is really bad, or should I take the .5 dose?  Since I've never taken Klonopin before, I have anxiety about taking it... :)  Go figure.

Any insight would be great.

-Ryan
I've taken Klonopin for 10 years without a problem. It actually has less of a potential for a person to build up a tolerance to than Xanax because it has a longer half life. But the dosages are different. If you are concerned how to take it as opposed to Xanax ask your psychiatrist for direct instructions.
0.5 of klonopin is starting dose as is 0,25 of xanax. I take klonopin 2mg 2x aday and I started with 0.5. I didn't plan to go this high but due to unexpected stress......

But if you notice any bad side effects then report them to your doc. I doubt you will though. Klonopin is a good choice for GAD.
I have been taking 20 mg of clonazepam for three years and scared I can take 30 mg and still walk around normal but afraid i am going to die. I have kidney disease and seizures and no longer can get that amount now i can only get 6mg a day. Stay the hell away from it. It will kill you or wreck your life